PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone fished Peck Road Park Lake?

TLA2009
01-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I am thinking about giving this place a try. I was just curious if anyone has fished it with any luck to see if it would even be worth the trip out there.

FISHINGVATO562
01-21-2011, 12:26 PM
yeah i fished it last year twice.. both times skunked..pretty trashy, and lots of bums and gansters toward the evening hours. good luck to you.

BALLERONBUDGET
01-21-2011, 12:50 PM
seen a few guys trying to fish it.. but have nvr seen anything come out of there. even walked the back side from golf course walkway.... couple homeless camps still set up ; looks like good potential but i prefer catching rather than hoping for fish.!! water looks like pepsi cola at times afternoon its a community service/rehab orange jacket guys workers who actually do a job cleaning it up. the mini office is on the left by the bike path.

louie101
01-22-2011, 07:12 PM
I live close by. Ive gone fishing there twice last year and skunked. My girlfriend and I go walking there on the bike path about twice a week. In Dec we were walking as usual and a guy starts running up the bank with a large bass in one hand and a cell phone on the other.It had to be about six pounds. He came up to me to take a quick picture before he released back in the water. He said he wanted to take the pic because his buddies wouldnt believe him unless he had the pic. Theres fish in there its just hard to catch them.............By the way my name is Louie and this is my first post

Fishinnut
01-23-2011, 03:21 PM
I fish the lake a few times a month and it's hit and miss depending on where your at or what your using. Contray to what people may think Peck road park has lots of fish in it, but because they constantly raise and lower the water in the place the fishing can be difficult because the fish move around alot. You also add in constant fishing presure from the locals year round and that place would humble any fisherman I don't care who you are. Personally I've had some luck using rattle traps, the oxblood Yamamoto Ika and the smoke w/ blk & purple grub texas rigged and dipped in smelly jelly there. The place I like to fish is straight down to the left of the parking lot where the concrete piles are and out towards the right of there where the point is. The golf course side is also a good side and has lots of spots with little islands located thirty to forty yards out from the shore down midway to the dam wall. I also have luck there after or during rainy days where the water flows into the place, because the bait fish are drawn to the flow and the bass follow them so sometimes it can be really good to check it out if you are there during this time. Hey, try these spots, throwing the grub, worm or lure your confident in because thats half the battle when fish spots like good old Peck road park. I hope the info helps you and good luck bro..

Darius
01-24-2011, 10:52 PM
I had some encounters with some unusual individuals, so let me warn you if you're bringing a lady friend/ female pack heat. I was fishing once and this guy comes behind me and starts telling me that he wants to kill a dog that was running around and eat it. Also asked if I was fishing, and if I had a hook and bait? I just looked at him and gripped the butt of my bowie knife.

viperman100
01-25-2011, 12:46 AM
Used to fish it several times a week there is a lot of fish there and some big ones at that, like mentioned before the fishing is tough due to water level changes and fishing pressure, with that said its not safe to go alone on the golf side especially, so be careful and bring a friend. I've caught tons of small bass and bluegill, a couple 4-5 lbers but have seen bigger caught and swimming by the shores, also catfish and big carp, they used to stock trout ther as well but dont know if its one of the lakes no longer being stocked by DFG.