PDA

View Full Version : SuperShort Local Moo-moo 01 / 19 Trip

JapanRon
01-20-2011, 01:52 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0119ezineRpt11P1.jpg

Jig-Guy
01-20-2011, 08:00 PM
Hi JapanRon, another good report of whats going on out in the fog. The fish report is not real exciting but I am sure it will improve. At least you are out there doing your thing. I do need to get out there since the tuna thing is a long way off. I have not been on a boat ride since August and am ready to catch anything.
Keep up your reports since I do enjoy reading them.
TL
Bill / Jig-Guy

JapanRon
01-20-2011, 08:29 PM
Hi Jig-Guy,

Thanks for the hail. Too bad about the Tuna season last year. Maybe a banner year is in the offing this year !! Bass, Sculpin, and Perch are about it near-shore 1/2 or 3/4-day ...unless you're going for Halibut. Forget when the Halibut runs start at LBSF but it's done anually.

Boats are fishing lite most with live or fresh-dead Squid so ...........

JapanRon

Ifishtoolittle
01-20-2011, 11:03 PM
No skunko for you JapanRon = mission accomplished.

DockRat
01-21-2011, 06:15 AM
Hey Ron, You should meet me at my spot. Went again yesterday T shirt, sweating,
NO OTHER FISHERMEN SEEN. Epic January Conditions.
Short Pier empty too.

If you come over you can help me by pouring water on my reel to keep it cool.:ROFL:

Another major drag burner yesterday on 8 lb. I pack all my gear I need in a 1960's canvas trout creel with a spinner set up. Same set up I used in the 1960's at Big Bear as a kid. No multi rods, tackle boxes, waders, chairs needed. LOL

My older brother only fishes on boats too. I ask WHY ?
Mix it up, try something new. That Horseshoe is tierd.

When was the last time you tossed the bubble/feather at the RB Edison Bubble.
That power plant cooling bubble has been turned off for years, but it is on NOW.
Best shore fishing in So Cal right now, try it out. Google 'Samba Redondo'

DR

DockRat
01-21-2011, 06:45 AM
I do need to get out there since the tuna thing is a long way off.

That is what you think bud. :ROFL:

Got any light gear or beer ?
You too can come over and pour water on my smoking reel.
That was 13 hours ago. :ROFL:
I still can't believe that this $29 Daiwa is still holding up combined with a UGLY stick
my buddy gave me. This reel has landed over 200 fish in 2010 incluing a dozen this year,
30" Halibut, Multi Bonito, Macs, Calico/Sand Bass 1st Spanish Mac landed yesterday (all 2011)
on 30 min after work outings.:Envious:

I leave the good gear / custom rods at home.
This 24/7 in the car junk gear works good.
I find great pleasure in OUTFISHING guys with total crap gear. :ROFL:

Got $2000 or more worth the gear and sit home reading about fishing :ROFL:

It is not about the gear or beer !

It is all about the numbers ! http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn214/ranalloj/untitled.jpg
DR

JapanRon
01-21-2011, 08:28 AM
Hi Ifishtoolittle,

Yep .... What's really funny ..... when the conditions really went south ..... I did just a good or better than most on the boat with the Sculpin. Didn't want to downsize for the Perch but could have hammered them and the dabs if I had wanted ... got a million pecks.

JapanRon

JapanRon
01-21-2011, 08:35 AM
Hi DockRat,

I will plan on fishin' KH in my 'Duckling' in the not to far future. I'm making the FF casting 'support pole' to make sure I don't fall off the toon now and will be looking at the weather for a good day ....... tides.

I suppose the great numbers of bonies come into the harbor during flood and or upswings in the tides. Looking for that magic wide tide variance.

I heard beer cools down a reel faster than fresh or saltwater or ...... well ... you know !!

JapanRon

murrieta angler
01-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Hey Ron,
Thanks for the report.
You don't need a camera to show us a 2 1/2# sandie, we all know what it looks like.. : )
Do you ever check out the Farmers Almanac? It read that the fishing would be good that day and the bite would be in the afternoon!?
I've thought about following it's suggestion, but never have...yet!
Take care,
Robert
<><

JapanRon
01-21-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

I don't reference that or pay much attention to the best bite calendar published monthly. I figure they're too general and don't take into consideration 'unseasonal' or unusual patterns that can change a whole weeks fishing in a days time. They don't always reflect specific geographical areas which can change the game plan quickly.

But then ..... I totally ignore the machines and or charts that suggest lure types and colors .... which seems to have validity at times.

JapanRon

marzocchi
01-21-2011, 10:57 PM
You forgot your camera twice in 5 years? You must be getting old, young man :D I forgot my boat keys twice last year while at the boat launch. You dont wanna know how embarassing it is when there is people waiting for you.

DockRat
01-22-2011, 05:53 AM
Hey Ron, Got another one yesterday (fri) on a LC 110 Metallic Sardine (after work)
3 Bub/feathers guys there just getting Macs. Bonito had some 4" Anchovies in it's stomach.
Saw some schools crashing bait inside too near the bubble.

Bought a few squid at Captains and tried them on flyline. Found out later that this week they went from squid to anchovies change in diet.

Park at the gap in the seawall next to between the short pier and Samba.
100' walk to fish, get a validation at Captain Kids. Cost me $2 parking.

Can't wait to see you in that churning water at the Edison bubble.
Bring some buddies to paddle because that trolling motor might not cut it.
http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss154/fijilicious09/bootwedstr.gif
DR

JapanRon
01-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi DockRat,

You're a prince ! If I can see a 6 foot stretch of open sand anywhere near the small pier I can hand-launch my craft ...... that's if I don't use the launch facilities !! Appreciate the real dope .... er .... information. I'll be hungry when I go to fish !! :)

JapanRon