PDA

View Full Version : Swing and a miss @ Corona 1/12/11

Piss on Myspace
01-19-2011, 04:13 PM
This is a late report, but belated information is better than no info at all, right? I figure, with recently becoming unemployed, its time to fish more and gain some status here, so it was off to Corona (my 1st time) in search of that double-digit.

Got to the lake & set up the tube near the launch ramp by 08:30. I packed light that day, only carrying a handful of lures, powerworms and jigs. Had two poles working, one trollin a classic bobber/powerworm combo, about 6-7 feet down, and the other with a varied assortment. First thing I noticed was how murky the water was…with my legs straight below me, my black fins weren’t visible…yikes. Fresh in the water, I kicked straight out across the lake, almost to the “secret spot”, and within 10 mins of trollin a white worm; I hooked up on the first fish, a nice 2-21/2 lber.

With nothing happening along the weedline, I kicked over to the shallow side, where the water comes in. Worked that area for nada but when kicking back, I hooked up on a beast, bouncing an orange worm along the bottom…u know its big when u cant turn them!!! After that initial run and a few head shakes, I feel that dreaded slack in the line….**&%@#&%$!%@&$%...spit the hook.

After a cigarette and a few expletives, I kicked near the bait shop; I got the 3rd bite of the day on a orange worm….swing and a miss. Action was slow so I moved to the rental docks? near the stairs and residential area. Within the first few casts, I got hit, but no fish…Was heading back to the car, bouncing a worm when I feel that classic bite..hookup, fish number 2.

Took a break around 13:30 to see if Elsinore was jumping, but with the wind conditions, they had to shut down for the day….well, what’s an unemployed guy suppose to do right? I suited up and headed back out towards the damn…while kicking out, I hooked up on the 3rd fish, split-shot orange with a 18-20 inch leader in the dead middle of the lake…thought action was going to continue but nothing happened... I worked the buoy line and both shore lines for what seemed to be for the hell of it.

Decided to kick back over to the rental docks, since I had a few bites earlier…on my 3rd cast, with a 1/32 smoke jig I got slammed….zzzzzzzzzzzzzz…not realizing how shallow it was, I got two cranks on him then he jumped out of the water (in sections I might add)…hook goes one way, fish goes the other…now by no means am I am “that guy” at the lake, but this was an easy double-digit…I guess I can now start telling that story of the “one that got away”. That’s alright though I could have been stuck at work, right FSHNLIC? ….ahahahahahahahah

All in all it was a good day, farmed a few bruisers, but landed 3 nice pink-meat trout. I saw fish caught all over the lake, with the launch ramp area producing a couple fish short a few stringers.…The water was murky but their still in there…u just got to work for them boys. I’ll be back later in the month, in search of the 20lbrs…Special thanks to sapdawg11 for all his useful info…kudos brotha, the intel payed off…I hoped u enjoyed the read guys…so long for now, I’m off to some chase tail.

*sorry for the lack of photos as my camera died early in the day.

27980 27981 27982 27983

NachoFish
01-19-2011, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the report! Good info for the Team 57 event this weekend!

D

FSHNLIC
01-19-2011, 07:50 PM
hmmmmmmm.... pictures prove u were there.... coincidentally there are no pictures proving u actually caught anything... how convenient that your camera died, huh?? hahahaha..... I believe u maaang!!! Nice detailed report and way to get on some tube action!! Maybe we can go chase some tail this weekend... I'll give u a buzz

sapdawg11
01-20-2011, 08:57 AM
…Special thanks to sapdawg11 for all his useful info…kudos brotha, the intel payed off…

No problem man! Too cool to see that you nailed 'em and to hear that I had something to do with it. Thanks for the kudos. Let's go chase 'em down and slay 'em one day soon!!!

Piss on Myspace
01-21-2011, 03:02 AM
hmmmmmmm.... pictures prove u were there.... coincidentally there are no pictures proving u actually caught anything... how convenient that your camera died, huh?? hahahaha..... I believe u maaang!!! Nice detailed report and way to get on some tube action!! Maybe we can go chase some tail this weekend... I'll give u a buzz

and here we go...id be do something wrong if nobody was hating right? ahaha...i got to figure out how to upload pics from my cell phone...this weekend sound good man, but i really don't want to promise anything...were going out for drinks on the 22nd, and you know how thirsty i get. lol...if you can get away from the old lady, you should roll to djs too...hit me up tho, i might head up to the sierras this week!

Thanks for the report! Good info for the Team 57 event this weekend!
glad u dug the report....wish i could make it, but good luck out there...rip a few lips for me!

Let's go chase 'em down and slay 'em one day soon!!!

sounds good bro...pending a trip to the sierras, ill be heading over there next week in search of the "20 lbers"...gotta to get me a double digit...ill send ya a pm...thanks again mang