PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake, 1/18/11

tailsup1
01-19-2011, 01:03 PM
Every year I take my nieces/nephews out for a "birthday" trip to either LNL or Corona. This year only one niece was able to attend. We got to the lake around 5am and were the 4th car in line. Gates opened right at 6am.

Took the pontoon to the back side of the lake for no bites until 8am or so. We caught 2 by 8:30 and made a little move to an area that just had that "fishy" look to it. At that spot we cast really tight to shore for a little flurry of fish. I think we hooked 5 and landed 3. One of those was on a n/c 6 ft. under a bobber. BTW, the depth in this area was right around 10 ft. according to the ff. I don't know if it's just me but I usually do the best fishing that depth at Corona. By noon we had 6 fish. Keep in mind we had baits towards the middle of the lake and towards shore (really tight). ALL the fish came from the baits tight to shore.

Took a little break and went towards the south end of the lake for 1 short bite. Made a move towards the dam to finish off the day. We had another flurry for 5 bites and 3 landed. We were anchored in 20 ft. of water but were casting towards shore just out of the reach of the shore fisherman.

The fish were all caught w/ powerbait (except for 1 caught w/ n/c)...chartreuse, garlic, and rainbow. Chartreuse did produce the most bites. We also used Bite On garlic and Berkely Gulp garlic spray. Weights ranged from 1.5-2.8. Some of the bites were very, very subtle while others were aggressive. Our bites pretty much came in flurries so I tried my best to get baits out quickly after landing a fish. Overall, it did seem to be a slower then normal day on the lake but I was happy w/ the number of bites we got. Nothing on the mini jig and one short bite on a powermouse.

Sorry no pics. Hope this helps someone going out in near future.

tailchaser001
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Didn't sound like a bad day at all! Nice report!

Hometown
01-19-2011, 09:22 PM
sounds like a great day fishing with UNCLE I REMEMBER MANY AND STILL ENJOY IT WITH MY ONE UNCLE THATS STILL WITH ME AND FISHES AND IM 44 YEARS OLD
Every year I take my nieces/nephews out for a "birthday" trip to either LNL or Corona. This year only one niece was able to attend. We got to the lake around 5am and were the 4th car in line. Gates opened right at 6am.

Took the pontoon to the back side of the lake for no bites until 8am or so. We caught 2 by 8:30 and made a little move to an area that just had that "fishy" look to it. At that spot we cast really tight to shore for a little flurry of fish. I think we hooked 5 and landed 3. One of those was on a n/c 6 ft. under a bobber. BTW, the depth in this area was right around 10 ft. according to the ff. I don't know if it's just me but I usually do the best fishing that depth at Corona. By noon we had 6 fish. Keep in mind we had baits towards the middle of the lake and towards shore (really tight). ALL the fish came from the baits tight to shore.

Took a little break and went towards the south end of the lake for 1 short bite. Made a move towards the dam to finish off the day. We had another flurry for 5 bites and 3 landed. We were anchored in 20 ft. of water but were casting towards shore just out of the reach of the shore fisherman.

The fish were all caught w/ powerbait (except for 1 caught w/ n/c)...chartreuse, garlic, and rainbow. Chartreuse did produce the most bites. We also used Bite On garlic and Berkely Gulp garlic spray. Weights ranged from 1.5-2.8. Some of the bites were very, very subtle while others were aggressive. Our bites pretty much came in flurries so I tried my best to get baits out quickly after landing a fish. Overall, it did seem to be a slower then normal day on the lake but I was happy w/ the number of bites we got. Nothing on the mini jig and one short bite on a powermouse.

Sorry no pics. Hope this helps someone going out in near future.

tailsup1
01-20-2011, 08:36 AM
Thanks guys!

Forgot to mention that everything was caught on 2# Izorline XXX.