PDA

View Full Version : Tradition Temporarily Running Double Half Day Trips

Jackpot Jimmy
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Slight Change in Schedule: See Post #9 on This Thread

Hello everyone,

From Monday, January 24th to Tuesday, March 1st, the Tradition will be filling in the double half day run while the Redondo Special is doing boat work. We will be running 3/4 day trips until the 24th of this month, and we will resume 3/4 day trips on March 2nd if everything goes well.

Double half day trips are on line daily leaving at 7:30 am and 1 pm. We are still boarding directly on the boat by order of reservation, and tickets will be sold on the boat on a cash only basis. We will fish local areas around Redondo for sculpin and sand bass during the rockfish closure.

The number to call for reservations for fishing on the Tradition is (818) 855-9501. Please leave a message with reservation and a name and phone number, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

We hope to see you out fishing with us!

Thank You,

Jimmy

DockRat
01-18-2011, 07:44 PM
I saw the Special come in today then head back out 20 minutes later with no fishermen ?
Squid run ?
DR

Jackpot Jimmy
01-19-2011, 06:33 PM
I saw the Special come in today then head back out 20 minutes later with no fishermen ?
Squid run ?
DR

Probably. On Saturday we came upon a big area of squid on the surface right after sunrise and it went down soon after. Could have sat there and picked up some pieces on the squid jigs.

DockRat
01-21-2011, 05:20 AM
Tradition and Special were catching squid last night (thur) 1/2 mile off Flat Rock Pt.
DR

Jackpot Jimmy
01-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Yes and we have live squid for bait this weekend with plenty of fresh frozen squid!

JapanRon
01-22-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Sounds like a really great deal. My first question ...... $$ for 1/2-day runs? I think this is a really great way to get people aquainted with the boat and great crew !! Don't know what the old-time 3/4-day regulars think but I'm sure they're on board ......... heh heh heh ... the boat too !

You know I've more questions ... to the good of all. 2) Will you guys do a double-dip deal ? For those unfamiliar with that term ...... it's a deal where on the same day if someone on the am trip wants to go on the pm .... the pm trip is 1/2 off !! And .......... do folks STAY on the boat and keep their spots. I used to pay for both trips at first and at the same time to fish all day on my spot. Fairly common practice.

3) Been meaning to ask ...... does the boat itself validate parking if the landing doesn't ?

Feb our usual ride is drydocked so I'll bring some guys down your way !!

Guess you're out fishing today ....... good catching !!

JapanRon

Jackpot Jimmy
01-22-2011, 08:52 PM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Sounds like a really great deal. My first question ...... $$ for 1/2-day runs? I think this is a really great way to get people aquainted with the boat and great crew !! Don't know what the old-time 3/4-day regulars think but I'm sure they're on board ......... heh heh heh ... the boat too !

You know I've more questions ... to the good of all. 2) Will you guys do a double-dip deal ? For those unfamiliar with that term ...... it's a deal where on the same day if someone on the am trip wants to go on the pm .... the pm trip is 1/2 off !! And .......... do folks STAY on the boat and keep their spots. I used to pay for both trips at first and at the same time to fish all day on my spot. Fairly common practice.

3) Been meaning to ask ...... does the boat itself validate parking if the landing doesn't ?

Feb our usual ride is drydocked so I'll bring some guys down your way !!

Guess you're out fishing today ....... good catching !!

JapanRon

Hi Ron,

The half day admission is $40, and there will be a reride price for those who want to fish the double half. In regards to validation, we have a stamp that says "Tradition" on your ticket stub that will get you parking for the standard sportfishing price of $2.

Right now we're boarding by order of reservation so there are no assigned spots right now. You can call up to a week in advance to make a reservation for the trip. The number for that is (818) 855-9501, and please leave a message, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.

JapanRon
01-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Thanks, I'll make an advance reservation (a week ahead if neccessary) for the club (6 or 7 guys) so we'll be first on the boat and rail with our bungee cords !! ha ha ha We're weekday guys so it should be easy to find a day with no prior reservations. Hope to meet some of the regulars, seen in your reports, that also go during the week. Assume you have school outside of holidays and weekends.

I'll bring lots of junk leadheads !! ha ha ha

JapanRon

Jackpot Jimmy
01-25-2011, 08:22 PM
We will be running double half day trips Sunday through Friday leaving at 7:30am and 1pm, through March 1st. On Saturdays, we will have our normal 3/4 day on line leaving at 6am. After March 1st, we will resume our normal schedule of having 3/4 day trips on line everyday.

For the time being, on both types of trips, we will be fishing sculpin and sand bass. Sculpin fishing has been fantastic and we are starting to pick at a few more bass!! Call (818) 855-9501 and leave a message - we'll get back to you as soon as we can, and let's go fishing! :Big Grin:

DockRat
01-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi Jackpot Jimmy,

Thanks, I'll make an advance reservation (a week ahead if neccessary) for the club (6 or 7 guys) s
JapanRon

Club ? http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv285/patminitor/Handsome_Fullpic_1.gif
DR :LOL: