PDA

View Full Version : MLPA specifics needed

Ifishtoolittle
01-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Planning on heading out to Laguna Beach this Sunday but I noticed that the whole strip of beach is affected by the MLPA closures. What I want to know is can I fish in areas with no take and conservation? Or is fishing not allowed in any areas where the MLPA is conducting research. Thanks.

-IF2L

DockRat
01-17-2011, 07:50 PM
MLPA has not started yet.
You will not be able to fish Laguna FOREVER soon, so do it while you can.
Boycott Laguna ! Don't spend money there. City Council voted in favor of the MPA (Marine Protected Area)

Remember that when it starts the MPA starts at the high tide line for ALL Marine Life.
Take a Sandcrab = Go to Prison. :ROFL:
:Finger: Laguna ! I will never spend one penny in that town the rest of my life :Envious:
DR

Ifishtoolittle
01-18-2011, 11:26 AM
So once the plans do go into effect will all areas affected by the MLPA restrict surf fishing? Or is fishing only a no go for the Reserves?

smokehound
01-18-2011, 11:31 AM
So once the plans do go into effect will all areas affected by the MLPA restrict surf fishing?Corporate media was behind this. The news ignored this situation.

Wingnut
01-18-2011, 06:34 PM
So once the plans do go into effect will all areas affected by the MLPA restrict surf fishing? Or is fishing only a no go for the Reserves?

ALL forms of fishing will be restricted in those areas. :Neutral:
Only in certain cases spearfishing is allowed.
Does it make any sense that I can spear my limit of WSB, but I can't catch and release them from shore? :Rolls Eyes:
The fight goes on... Keep fishing those areas until it is written in the DFG regs. :Wink:

Ifishtoolittle
01-18-2011, 08:09 PM
ALL forms of fishing will be restricted in those areas. :Neutral:
Only in certain cases spearfishing is allowed.
Does it make any sense that I can spear my limit of WSB, but I can't catch and release them from shore? :Rolls Eyes:
The fight goes on... Keep fishing those areas until it is written in the DFG regs. :Wink:

Thanks Wingnut!