PDA

View Full Version : 3 F's Weekend (FUN, FRIENDS, FISHING)

the killa fish taco
01-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Well it was a long weekend for me. Started Friday after my sons play. Got to the lake at about 6:00pm MEXICAN TIME.. LOL!!! Showed up to find the guys already BBQin some chicken and some tri tip (THANKS BOBBER BOY) Everyone was having a good time, talking, drinking, smoking, all the great stuff us guys do. At about midnight seemed that everyone was calling it a night. Bobber Boy let me sneak up to the front of the line so i was the 1st one inline now. NICE

Day 1:

It as a bitter sweet day for me. I started the day launching my tube at the ramp. Headed to the boat rental dock to work that area. Dragging a night crawler with the NEW Bite On Corn and working an all white mini jig dipped in the NEW Bite On Anise. By the time I got back in front of the ramp I had 3 fish. All which were around 2-3lbs, all were caught on the white jig w/ the NEW Bite On Anise. Then when I got to the road infront of Woodys Cove my bait rod goes screaming!!! Ended up being on the low end (Im guessing) 5.8lb fish!!!! I was fricken stoked!!! Looked at the clock and it was only 8:25. So I figured Id work Woodys real quick then just go weigh in the fish and call it a day. Well the wind really picked up. I was back at the trees and a guy from the shore said "are those your fish?" I was thinking he saw my fish next to me. When I looked down my stinger was gone.. I saw the fish at about 2 o'clock from me. I tried my best to get the stringer and it just was too late... I stayed there for about 1 hour trying to snag it but NO DICE!!!! I was soooooo pissed at myself.... Ended up just kicking back to the ramp. Caught 2 more fish. Saw some big boys being caught on the shore, Tried my luck there but NONE!!!! Well thats how it goes sometimes. Better luck next time. The good thing is that I saw alot of my friends, met alot of new people, AND was able to be on the water FISHING!!!!

GOOD JOB TO EVERYONE WHO GOT SOME MONEY THIS WEEKEND!!!!

Josh
01-17-2011, 04:49 PM
That seriously sucks losing the fish like that. Thanks again for bringing that al pastor, it was fantastic.

troutdog
01-17-2011, 09:17 PM
If you couldn't snag that fish, then nobody could! :LOL:

Tough break out there Killa, you'll get a bigger one next time out.....vtw nice report, man a couple of pictures and you'll be down right dangerous! :Wink:

See you on the water,

TD

TaperSteve
01-18-2011, 09:15 AM
The title of this thread says it all.

TS