PDA

View Full Version : Late report from saturday

Josh
01-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Well now that I am sufficiently recovered I figured I'd post a report from Saturdays tourney. Friday night was a blast. It was great to hang out with everyone again. After a feeble attempt to go to sleep at midnight I ended up getting up again and finally, after killing the last beer, went to bed about 1.

Saturday I had initially thought of, and tried some shore fishing over by TI, given the wind I eventually decided I'd be better off getting a boat. I got out to the middle of boat dock cove and decided to anchor there, it was a bit crowded but I had some room. Rigged up both poles with a weighted float and night crawlers dipped in bite-on and got my first fish within about 20 mins. A great start. Continued motoring around the cove, dropping anchor, fishing, rinse and repeat then hit my second, again on bobber/worm etc. Unfortunately, at some point, I tipped over the bottle of bite on and didn't have more in my tackle box.

Spent the rest of the day motoring around the cove and along the west shore. Made a couple feeble attempts at trolling only to get tangled up with someone else, lose one lure and have the line of one pole get tangled in the propeller of the motor thus taking a lot of line off (but I managed to recover the lure). I'll have to practice the solo trolling on a less crowded day LOL.

Overall it was a good day. No pics of the fish, wife wasn't home when I got there and I just cleaned em, put em in the freezer, ate some food and watched football. Another good day.

Thisfool
01-17-2011, 09:19 AM
cool im glad to hear you made it work and got a couple.i can see how you had a hard time trolling there were alot of guys on the water with no consideration at all .

Josh
01-17-2011, 09:22 AM
cool im glad to hear you made it work and got a couple.i can see how you had a hard time trolling there were alot of guys on the water with no consideration at all .

eh it's ok. Just glad my hunch was proven correct on a lot being in the coves given the wind. I tried the bottom but was using a two foot leader vs. a 6 inch one, was kicking myself when I heard others were getting them on such short leaders. Glad to see you were able to get back out and get some.

Thisfool
01-17-2011, 09:33 AM
eh it's ok. Just glad my hunch was proven correct on a lot being in the coves given the wind. I tried the bottom but was using a two foot leader vs. a 6 inch one, was kicking myself when I heard others were getting them on such short leaders. Glad to see you were able to get back out and get some.

yea come on man every one knows short leaders in the murky water gosh what were you thinking. lol just messing with ya. wy dint you just take your hook off and retie two feet that's plenty of room to shorten up.

yea man i was kinda defeated when we pulled in. 7 hours out there only 3 bites no fish and i was treated to watching Steve get 4 and miss a hole bunch of bites. i was ready to kill some one lol good thing Steve waited tell i caught one and my spirits were up be for he started the smack talk or else i might have just went on a mass murder spree at the weigh ins.

Seņor.Chilax
01-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you got some fish on board, you can never go wrong with night crawlers in murky water.

Josh
01-17-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks for the report. Glad to hear you got some fish on board, you can never go wrong with night crawlers in murky water.

It was a good day overall. May have to get a float tube, those look like fun.

5150fishn
01-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Friday night was insane. All of that good food and the dark St. Pauli beer. It was great chilling with you and the rest of the Team 57 crew. Glad that the boat worked out for you. You almost had me convinced to go on the troll with you but right after you left I got my double hookup. So I guess it worked out in the end.

the killa fish taco
01-17-2011, 12:21 PM
It was a good day overall. May have to get a float tube, those look like fun.

yes they are fun!!!!!

the killa fish taco
01-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Friday night was insane. All of that good food and the dark St. Pauli beer. It was great chilling with you and the rest of the Team 57 crew. Glad that the boat worked out for you. You almost had me convinced to go on the troll with you but right after you left I got my double hookup. So I guess it worked out in the end.

Friday was cool hanging out with everyone.... We sould do this every Master Tourney...

See Chris Fish
01-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Great night and a better fishing day.
See ya'll next time.