PDA

View Full Version : New (Old) Method of fishing

Sublime-Steve
01-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Humans have used cormorants' fishing skills, in China, Japan, and Macedonia, where they have been trained by fishermen. A snare is tied near the base of the bird's throat, which allows the bird only to swallow small fish. When the bird captures and tries to swallow a large fish, the fish is caught in the bird's throat. When the bird returns to the fisherman's raft, the fisherman helps the bird to remove the fish from its throat. The method is not as common today, since more efficient methods of catching fish have been developed.

wow... thats wild..

tree
01-17-2011, 03:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7l6Pe0CKsg

Frequent Flyer
01-17-2011, 03:35 PM
yea its pretty smart still hate the d*** things tho

Thisfool
01-17-2011, 03:48 PM
Humans have used cormorants' fishing skills, in China, Japan, and Macedonia, where they have been trained by fishermen. A snare is tied near the base of the bird's throat, which allows the bird only to swallow small fish. When the bird captures and tries to swallow a large fish, the fish is caught in the bird's throat. When the bird returns to the fisherman's raft, the fisherman helps the bird to remove the fish from its throat. The method is not as common today, since more efficient methods of catching fish have been developed.

wow... thats wild..

wow to crazy. even tho those things eat the fish that might possibly of bit your line they will tell you exactly where you should be fishing.

a321eric
01-17-2011, 04:18 PM
i seen tons of those do that at mojave narrows today but i dont think they were wearing the rubberband arund their neck :)

Sublime-Steve
01-18-2011, 05:13 AM
*trains bird* who's goin to perris with me?