PDA

View Full Version : Corona lake1/16/11

J-Dub
01-17-2011, 01:09 AM
went to corona today and didnt catch anything...i used several different types of powerbait, power worms, tube jigs,shrimp (fishing for catfish too) and mackeral....nothing...only one bite and that was it. fishing from shore in the between the two boat docks...i didnt see alot of people catching anything either...from the way corona lakes stocked fish i thought it wouldve been easy limits but sadly no...i overheared two guys next to me saying that it was their first time fishing corona lake and they were really disappointed becuz they werent getting any bites at all...

Thisfool
01-17-2011, 03:26 AM
aww man sry to hear that you guys dint do to well. im sure you will get them next time. im sure the water conditions dint help much.

i mainly fish the other lake but i know a few die hard corona fans and they swear by the shoreline near the damn.

JohnnyBoy
01-17-2011, 10:15 AM
J-Dub

I too went to Corona Lake yesterday. I had a 8 fish day. For me, it was good early and then it seemed to just go dead, with a fish there and a fish here. Don't get discouraged. Corona is a good lake to fish, and they do put the fish in. You might want to try a float tube or get a boat, because if nobody's home where your fishsing at you can move fairly easy. If your on shore you can move around, just not as easily.

Marley
01-17-2011, 12:45 PM
You can't see it right now because of the water level but the area between the two docks is nothing but flooded tree trunks. Not prime trout water.
Better shoreline spots for trout are found if you turn right as soon as you pay and fish the shallow upper lake, or go all the way to the dam and fight for one of the three or four Alpha spots down there. Best plan is to rent a boat if you can and go looking.
Don't give up on the lake, especially after only one trip. They do plant the lake weekly and heavily but the fish are not pushovers; you have to do the right things which includes using light line, the right bait the right way (NOT Nitro!) and fishing where the fish are.
Read up on some of the threads here, especially Sapdawg's excellent post on fishing the murky water, and you will do better. Good luck!

J-Dub
01-17-2011, 01:55 PM
i hear ya johnny boy...i probably saw u out there cuz i had so much time to watch the boaters fish other then paying attention to my poles becuz they werent getting bit...lol i saw one guy on a float tube catching a couple out there dont know if it was u or not ( he had two orange poles)...but from wat i noticed the guys on the boat werent really cathing anything...its not the first time ive fished corona...but its been awhile since ive been there and after watching the stocking videos i thought to give it a try not to metion that they stocked cats and my dad loves catfishing so we had high hopes...but the kitties werent giving us no love either....

J-Dub
01-17-2011, 01:57 PM
@marley.....the lake was really crowded by the time i paid the fees...at first i wanted to fish the dam or at least close to it...but by the time i drove down there it was packed not to mention some people were parked sideways with their trucks to take up more space...there was a small opening but i didnt want to squeeze in and give people trouble....

Marley
01-17-2011, 09:06 PM
@marley.....the lake was really crowded by the time i paid the fees...at first i wanted to fish the dam or at least close to it...but by the time i drove down there it was packed not to mention some people were parked sideways with their trucks to take up more space...there was a small opening but i didnt want to squeeze in and give people trouble....

Yeah, it's tough finding a decent shoreline spot if you don't get in line by like 7:00 the night before, and that's just silly on most days. If you can, try fishing during the week. Mondays are actually a great day to fish because the fish are very hungry after being scared sheetless and lockjawed during the weekend.
Best of luck,