PDA

View Full Version : Trolling lures at Irvine

Surfnsnowboard3
01-16-2011, 05:39 PM
Hey guys, can you give me a list of your favorite lures for trolling at Irvine? I am going to Bass Pro Shops tonight and going to the Vine on Wednesday and trolling.

THANKS

scotsmaninusa
01-16-2011, 06:10 PM
firetigers firetigers oh and firetigers

Surfnsnowboard3
01-16-2011, 06:11 PM
firetigers firetigers oh and firetigers

Cool, what sizes?

Big Daddy
01-16-2011, 06:38 PM
Cool, what sizes?

cd-5, cd-7 also jointed but really any thing firetiger, also Black and gold rapalas, good luck trolling the west shore

Thisfool
01-16-2011, 07:00 PM
cd-5, cd-7 also jointed but really any thing firetiger, also Black and gold rapalas, good luck trolling the west shore

i have 6 different color rapala cd5's and 2 different color Diawa sc shiners and every lure i have has been the hot lure of the day. one day only one lure will begetting bit then the next time i go that one is the first one on and turns out that it is a completely different color that is hot that day. just like bait and wait you have to change colors tell you find the one they like.

the colors i have. and i dont mind telling you them cuz they are nothing new to anyone

CD5
-black and silver
-fiertiger
-rainbow trout
-brown trout
-brook trout
-black & gold

Diawa SC shiner
-pink
-gold

yester day it was the black & gold cd5 was red hot in the morning, but in the after noon the pink sc shiner was the hot lure

there is no need to go to bps tho the tackle shop at Irvine has a great selection of rapalas and Sc shiners.

Surfer
01-16-2011, 07:34 PM
You also need leadcore.

Thisfool
01-16-2011, 07:56 PM
You also need leadcore.

i woulnt say you need leadcore at this time of year. i dont use lead core at all i just flatline with izoreline xxx #6 if you wanted to use a really light lure then you might need leadcore but with the rapalas just flatline them and u will get bit.

bassmeister
01-16-2011, 10:09 PM
i have 6 different color rapala cd5's and 2 different color Diawa sc shiners and every lure i have has been the hot lure of the day. one day only one lure will begetting bit then the next time i go that one is the first one on and turns out that it is a completely different color that is hot that day. just like bait and wait you have to change colors tell you find the one they like.

the colors i have. and i dont mind telling you them cuz they are nothing new to anyone

CD5
-black and silver
-fiertiger
-rainbow trout
-brown trout
-brook trout
-black & gold

Diawa SC shiner
-pink
-gold

yester day it was the black & gold cd5 was red hot in the morning, but in the after noon the pink sc shiner was the hot lure

there is no need to go to bps tho the tackle shop at Irvine has a great selection of rapalas and Sc shiners.

Man, you forgot to fill him in on the BOG Dog LOL!

luvdaoutdoors
01-17-2011, 03:03 AM
Lead core is good idea especially warm days (Santa Ana winds) or in the spring.

Thisfool
01-17-2011, 03:07 AM
Man, you forgot to fill him in on the BOG Dog LOL!

lol i dont get it fill me in plz

bassmeister
01-17-2011, 04:14 PM
lol i dont get it fill me in plz

Its only in almost all reports, BOG= bite on garlic. Specially in this muddy water conditions.