PDA

View Full Version : Help w/ what to buy

Surfnsnowboard3
01-16-2011, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, I have been using a borrowed float tube and I am going to Bass Pro Shop tonight to buy my own stuff. Getting waders, fins, booties and float tube....any advice on what to get?'

THANKS!

BassEngineer
01-17-2011, 08:52 AM
Fish Cat 4 LCS or Deluxe LCS.

lagunaCOCONUT
01-19-2011, 01:56 PM
So what did you buy? I'm looking to start tubing again. Let me know if you want to tube sometime!

Surfnsnowboard3
01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
So what did you buy? I'm looking to start tubing again. Let me know if you want to tube sometime!

I got a "White River Fly Shop Lost Lake Open Front" tube from Bass Pro Shops. It had good reviews and was only $90. Here is the link..

http://www.basspro.com/White-River-Fly-Shop-Lost-Lake-Open-Front-Float-Tube/product/97939/-1458794

I WISH I could afford a Fish Cat 4 or something as nice, but I couldn't. I've used the Fish Cat 4 before and I love it, especially the amount of room (specifcally the back for the net/other stuff) and more importantly, how high you sit in the water.

The one I got has nowhere to put my net, so it has to be in the water, creating more drag (which is a pain in the ***). It sits VERY LOW in the water and therefore, your entire lower body is in the water which equals MORE PEEING, which us tubers know is a pain in the *** from the OTHER SIDE OF THE LAKE!

Overall, the tube is OK. It will work for my first tube until I can upgrade in a few years.

a321eric
01-21-2011, 02:15 AM
can some1 tell me why my back always gets wet while im tubing?? i have the lost lake open front tube with bone dry waders but once i get out my back seems to be moist.....is it condensation or something?

Piss on Myspace
01-21-2011, 03:24 AM
can some1 tell me why my back always gets wet while im tubing?? i have the lost lake open front tube with bone dry waders but once i get out my back seems to be moist.....is it condensation or something?

perspiration or a small pinhole in the waders....cotton soaks up water and could easily saturate the side thats exposed...im thinking its the sweat tho