PDA

View Full Version : On the spot report!!

bayfishingjunkie
01-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Well I'm on one of my friends PC's in the beautiful city of Dana Point... and I wish I could be writting about a kick *** fishing trip ,but up to now it's been very slow but always fun. My trio of tubers arrived to our hotel in San Clemente beach around 2:30 pm on Friday. got our gear situated and shot to Dana Harbor for an afternnon/night session. In the water by 3:30 kicked to the bait reciever and got a nice scoop of perfect chovies. split the bait up and we went scouting our seperate ways.... water temp was reading 57 deg water clarity poor. seems the recent storms had dirtied up the water pretty bad here. we fished till 7pm for a lizard fish, and 1 nice sandbass. I managed to lose a monster spottie to an unseen mooring line. so we packed it up and made the decision to go south the next morn. Day 2 5:00 am at the oceanside harbor launch ramp outside temp 49 water temp 56 water clarity was like the Cayman islands gin clear one problem super windy... as soon as we launched we realized it was going to be rough the current aws ripping and the wind was trying to blow us litterally out of the water .....but my fishfinder was marking tons of fish working bait in 17 feet of water.. as I shout out to my boys in thier tubes that we were on top of a big mark of fish I get ripped on my purp and black 5" big hammer result a fat spottie.. bad news my friend with the camera had been blown by the wind so fast that a pic was useless. I am thinking today will be much better.... wrong... we fished till 10 am for no more fish landed.. even snagged some live bait and got bit often by the pain in the *** to hook Halibut.. for zero landings... next stop was a foot fishing trip along Dana harbor for a daytime look at Dana Harbor water was looking like toilet water after going to mexico for dinner... my friends go back to thier homes and I meet up with the wife at her friends where I am currently writting this, I go back to DP harbor and go do a mini Ninja session from 7-9 pm for nothing. Now I am contemplating wheather or not to drop the tube and give this area one more chance... I'll let you know soon...