View Full Version : Dicks sporting goods!!!

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-15-2011, 02:05 PM
while speaking with one of my buds gary.he informed me about the new fishing sections ,at dicks sporting goods.i stopped by the upland store ,and ill tell you after expecting a walmart, or sports authority mentalenty,i found a nice stocked section, without the usual garbage rookie come on tackle.im impressed, by who ever is the buyer ,and in charge of stocking the stores .no mickey mouse crap. even the robos ,and yamomoto stuff is what we would normally buy. now they dont really offer an expensive rod selection, other than a crucial line ,and not much fly fishing section.their prices ,and custumor service seems to be first class.one custumor, who i could tell was an experianced salt water guy,. was as impressed as was i ,at the quality of selection for the more experianced angler..he stated he picked up a hard bait for salt water for $5.00 cheaper than bps..you guys got to check it out .even my favorite golf gloves were $5.00 cheaper ,than i have been paying..i like their style.the only draw back was there check stand line, kind of stupid.on a scale of 1 to 10 i give them a 9...... peace out, and hang in there. we are around the corner to a great season of fishing....god bless....mike the pmb......

cutbait
01-15-2011, 02:32 PM
Terminal tackle is top notch

Bait selection is 8 of 10

rod and reel stuff suck

line selection suck

prices are nothing special

Pretty much what your saying.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-15-2011, 03:11 PM
im telling you all. with the down fall of tuners ,and the less than stocking of places like wallmart ,and sports autority, who both offer more than rookie crap.for the less experianced fisherman.dicks could dominate the market.if they picked up the high end rods, and reels at there prices ,due to the size of there company,and picked up a standard line ,of fly fishing tackle,and basic flys ,and terminal fly accesserys ,could make them a thorn in the side of certain big companies ,in the area.they are a bigger chain, and can beat bps in retail prices. the problem is ,do i make an investment like that, and not have the sales. you got to remember .they are a new company in so cal..i would not want be the guy who makes the final say on what to stock.....

pitman
01-15-2011, 03:45 PM
I say support your local tackle shop. I'm fortunate enough to have a few good ones by me and I love them. SavOn Tackle in Santa Fe Springs is the bomb...

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-15-2011, 04:31 PM
dude we dont have a local big shop ,other than bps ,or dicks.that .yes i go to kennys, who is an awesome rod wrapper,and rod builder.i do buy all my robos from him ,because he is awsome people.he is like family to all the regulars ,and now we are paying a little higher prices ,to make sure he can survive as a small buisness making some of the nicest looking rods ive ever seen..

fishmounter
01-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Where is Kenny's?

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-15-2011, 05:22 PM
it s easy for you take the 10 west off the 15 .get off on mtn., go right .go up past 9th st , make the first left.stay left.cant miss it...

Newfishsmell
01-15-2011, 05:36 PM
Where is Kenny's?

Thats Kennys Rod & Reel in Upland , great local shop.

PUDD MASTER BAITER
01-15-2011, 05:57 PM
yea but he could use any support ,.from the advanced fisherman. in the area.he is a cool guy but dont ,have cheaper big buissness prices......and can not afford ,all the expensive custom crap ,unless you ask him to order it.but were suppose to be family.which i consider his operation..