PDA

View Full Version : 7/29/07 Caliber 3/4 w/pics

k3vin_kim
07-30-2007, 04:45 PM
Wsup guys, went out with FJ and slaughtered the bass and cuda's... Here's the pics... We went to those two white golf ball domes down in oceanside (Joe calls them the boobs b'cuz at night you can see the nipples flash red lights on and off). When we got to the spot we could see bass at the surface jumping out of the water and it continued all day. About 25 guys on the boat and we all got selective about the size of the bass. It was too easy to catch a fish, it was not easy to catch a keeper. EVERY SINGLE JIG that was thrown out there was followed in by 2 or 3 cuda. The water was clean and looked like pool water it was exciting to actually be able to watch the cuda bite the iron. Everybody pretty much limited on bass. I only kept 5 and gave away my cuda to whoever wanted them. I had the best luck with a 4 inch brown plastic with a silver 3/8 lead head and a small strip of squid but in order to dodge the small calicos on the surface, I pinched on a large spit shot about a foot above.
Oh, did I mention I ended up catching an albacore at the very last second? :lol:

Baseballer44
07-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Damn! What a day of fishing! I may have to visit your secret spot, but I wont let anybody else see where we are going.

Edit: Bah! I got fooled... :( :oops: I guess thats why you said it didnt really happen. haha

SOSO
07-30-2007, 05:04 PM
Nice post! Excellent come back from the other night. I got to join you guys next time.

ghetto dad
07-30-2007, 05:13 PM
great job cool hair!!! lmfao at you guys and your kids rods.......thanks again man!!

k3vin_kim
07-30-2007, 07:53 PM
yeah it was pretty much karma... especially for FJ. This trip was the yang to his yin.

JUST TO BE CLEAR... THE ALBIE PIC WAS JUST A JOKE, I DIDN'T REALLY CATCH IT ON THIS TRIP. I JUST THOUGHT IT WOULD BE SOMETHING DIFFERENT TO PUT IN B'CUZ THE CUDA/BASS PICS ARE GETTING A LITTLE... REDUNDANT. BUT THANKS FOR READING THE POST.

baloneysandwich
07-30-2007, 08:03 PM
I was on the Caliber the day before and I will have to say the crew is great. I had my 79 yo grandfather with me and they were always helping him get on the fish. I would recommend them over any other crew I have been with.

JapanRon
07-30-2007, 08:34 PM
Hi k3vin_kim,

Way cool info and pics ..... thanks. Excellent just excellent!

One question .... who was wearing the flying nun's black habit in the one pic? :shock: :P :roll:

Appreciated ....

JapanRon

k3vin_kim
07-30-2007, 09:02 PM
lol that's so funny you mention that. That was a noob from Florida who just got into salt and was here on vacation for only a week with his whole family. And instead of spending time with his fam, he asked his dad to drop him off at a landing at 5 in the morning. What a cool dad. Yeah but the kid was a weirdo though. Very monotoned and reclusive. Joe was talking to him a little before we boarded. He was one rental i tried to avoid. BTW that really does look like a nun from the pic though HAHAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHA NO WAIT doesn't it look like the bald guy and the nun are getting married and Kaylin the deckhand is the priest waving a chovie in front of the newly weds? HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAah and the cook Matt lighting up a cig in the background during the inveiling of the bride.

Funjunkie74
07-30-2007, 09:49 PM
You cut this picture out of Fish Rap!!
How heavy was it?? You must be working out!! AHAHAHAHAA!!
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/files/i_just_got_lucky_202.jpg

Yeah, I got my yang on this trip!! Killed the cudas just as promised! :twisted:
I got home and smoked it for the first time. It was awkward trying to roll the paper...ahem...I mean, got the BBQ fired up and the hickory chips smokin~.
Gave some to my boss and co-worker and had the rest for dinner tonight. If you have never tried it, TRY IT!! HOLY COW!!

Anyway, this was a great trip and I am very happy to say, I GOT THE SKUNK OF MY BACK!!!! YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

And now, something to laugh at:
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Page_1.jpg

k3vin_kim
07-30-2007, 09:52 PM
you forgot "kko choo jang" after the "cho" in the comic joe!!!

For all the others that don't know what I'm talking about... it's a korean thang!

AWW man, you also blocked the nun's face in the comic, Japan Ron wants to see what he looks like~!

Funjunkie74
07-30-2007, 10:04 PM
So you wanna see?!?!

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/nun_wedding.jpg

k3vin_kim
07-30-2007, 10:20 PM
damn.. it looks like i'm taking shite in my pants... the nun looks like he's happy to be away from his family and the bald guy looks like he's happy he's getting married.

Monkeyfishn
07-30-2007, 10:42 PM
Those wedding photos are fantastic, you should think about a career change.LMAO

Great post

Monkey

Funjunkie74
07-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Those wedding photos are fantastic, you should think about a career change.LMAO

Great post

Monkey

Naw...I'll stick to fishing!! 8)

4g63power
07-30-2007, 11:17 PM
lol...you guys are funny...looks like you guys had a good day on the water...thanks for the report

LA Smoker
07-31-2007, 10:23 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I always enjoy your guys' posts. Aint nothing like Sashimi and Kochoojang :thumb: Good job guys!

christainmetalhead909
07-31-2007, 12:41 PM
niceeeeeeeeeeeeee fish im jealous again. to bad we didint go or else we would of caught that beast.haha jk. but good job glad it was a fun

brad

Funjunkie74
07-31-2007, 03:12 PM
niceeeeeeeeeeeeee fish im jealous again. to bad we didint go or else we would of caught that beast.haha jk. but good job glad it was a good experience.

brad

You need to stop being jealous and come fishing with us!!
Yeah, we're a little weird and we'll shout "FRESHY!!" just for the hell of it.
But you'll have fun!!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Funjunkie74
07-31-2007, 03:12 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I always enjoy your guys' posts. Aint nothing like Sashimi and Kochoojang :thumb: Good job guys!

You said it bro~!

christainmetalhead909
07-31-2007, 07:58 PM
You need to stop being jealous and come fishing with us!!
Yeah, we're a little weird and we'll shout "FRESHY!!" just for the hell of it.
But you'll have fun!!

haha i know i do. and freshy...... i can deal with that. haha let me know next time you go.

k3vin_kim
07-31-2007, 08:17 PM
brad, check your personal message box, we're renting a skiff at newport harbor to fish the breakwall for cali's and generally to just dick around with our spiderman/scooby doo and pirates of the carribean poles. 8/11 Davey's Locker

Cabodude
08-01-2007, 09:36 AM
Yeah, we call them the Nipples and aren't they in San Onofre?

n1ckxlam
08-01-2007, 10:23 AM
wicked fishin guys.
see you at the vine hopefully

k3vin_kim
08-01-2007, 02:20 PM
CaboDude - yeah I think it IS san onofre

N1ck - maybe FJ will run into you at irvine lake since he lives like 10 minutes from there but I'm strictly a Salt-ist.

OMG i'm so homesick people, I'm 400 miles away from home on business and not gonna touch a fishing pole in about 2 weeks........ AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH~!! ! :!: :!: :!: