PDA

View Full Version : SoCal Upholstery Rob Alert!

UncleSurf
07-30-2007, 04:41 PM
So I've been putting new stuff on the bshamrock and when it comes to ugly seats, we won. Went to Craigs List to see who was out there. Came across Clint, 818-216-7666 and Harold 818-512-6752. Well I call em and tell em what I have and what needs to be done. They come to the house, look over the boat and quote me $300.00

Should have kicked him out then (you get what you pay for). Asked if could be done by last friday, tep, no problems we can do it.

They left with my seats and a 200.00 deposit. Never came on friday. I called him saturday and he assures me the seats are done and he is on his way with them. Never showed up. No word on sunday.

Drive to the shop at 9008 Canoga Ave in chatsworth, 91311. Walk in and only one person, female is there. MY FRICKING SEATS ARE ALL TORE UP AND SITTING UNFINNISHED AND ALL APART! She calls Harold and has to leave to go get him.

Harold gets there and I asked him why I was told the seats were done only to find them undone. He says too bad I'll have them ready in a week. When I ask him what it will cost to get them done today he says I cdon't have a seamstress. I'm closing shop I can't do anything about it. Claims he used the $200.00 for material. Says to me tough luck. No money back at all and almost had to call the cops to get my tore up seats.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

BTW, Now a real shop can have them for me in 2 days ,,,,,,$585.00

matt duarte
07-31-2007, 08:25 AM
man the sucks! sorry to hear that dude! maybe all the FN members should blow up their phones with some hate full words :twisted: i mean it proly wont help..... but its awalys nice to put the person down who did you dirty :lol:

UncleSurf
07-31-2007, 09:01 AM
All FNN'ers!
If you get a chance, let's light these bastards up. They advertise on Craig's List and I'm posting a new alert every couple of hours (since my seats are not done yet, Nothing better to do while I wait). These dirty bastards are scamming people out of the "Deposits" and leaving them high and dry. Well I say **** em!

Harry, Clint, You ****** with the wrong guy this time, and youre gonna pay!

UncleSurf is reverting to his old call sign,,,, Tagger IV. Putting on the Ghillie and going dark. Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot, SoCal Upyours!

I Tag em,
You Bag em,
let God and Chesty sort em out!

SeFi
Tight Groups
Light Triggers!

fishntoss
08-02-2007, 12:37 AM
Not only should you have gotten your seats back, but, also the materials. Figure he paid something to get materials,gas or shipping charges, still the rat bastard should've given you the materials. There's way too many of these kinda rip-off artists in So-Cal.

If there is a next time.. call the police and don't tell the shop you've called. Just go outside and use the cell. Then just stand there and wait. I know sometimes it take forever the police to show, but, it'll light a fire under them clowns. Then you call the Better Business Bureau and make a report. They will investigate. It probably is still a good idea to call them.

one_leg
08-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Hey R, I can relate to your predicament. Getting suckered really blows!

One_Leg

Troutman65
08-02-2007, 08:30 AM
Hey that really sucks. You should take them to the "Peoples Court"

The judge is fair and she would throw the book at those 2 theifs !!!

Plus, she is hot !!!

Troutman65

Wildhorse1966
08-02-2007, 02:33 PM
wow ... i read your post on craigslist ... really sucks .. :evil:

chompot
08-17-2007, 08:46 PM
Not only should you have gotten your seats back, but, also the materials. Figure he paid something to get materials,gas or shipping charges, still the rat bastard should've given you the materials. There's way too many of these kinda rip-off artists in So-Cal.

If there is a next time.. call the police and don't tell the shop you've called. Just go outside and use the cell. Then just stand there and wait. I know sometimes it take forever the police to show, but, it'll light a fire under them clowns. Then you call the Better Business Bureau and make a report. They will investigate. It probably is still a good idea to call them.

****** part is police hate getting into business issues. Some departments will not do anything really at all. They many times just tell the customer to file court papers. Business deals really are not what they police are there for.

The BBB is a joke also, it does not do anything to your business. Customers many times just use them to cry to when they do not get their way. I manage a pretty large customer service department and I will bend over backwards and do flips to make a customer happy and still will tell me they are going to the BBB.

On a regular basis customers try to use stolen cards and place fraudulent orders, we call the local authorities and they can care less.

What that guy did was super messed up. Take him to court, it could scare him, especially if he is really small.

socalfishing
08-23-2007, 11:55 PM
Read what you wrote Marine. Sounds FUBAR to me. Let Chesty lie idle on this man. Karma will frag these cheating dudes, not you bro. Don't worry, after you get set up in that boat, that one shot one kill method will work on them. Your round has been fired and target vaporized. Let it roll downhill bro. Semper Fi!! Thanks for your service. If we meet the beers on me.

IslandBoi
08-24-2007, 02:46 AM
oooorah

adapt and overcome my brethren

Jimdh
08-25-2007, 09:14 AM
Man that bites. They will get theirs. It is all about Karma. Semper Fi Mack