PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the goon

SandFish
01-14-2011, 06:09 AM
Hi all i was searching through some old posts and saw something about kayaking or tubing the lagoon at night
is this still possible assuming you have your nav lights and all other CC related safety gear? haven't been to castaic or the lagoon for years and have had an urge lately to go night fishing even better in a tube or yak.
Any other thoughts on local lakes or semi local lakes to night fish ? or do i need to drive 6 hrs away

Thanks

plastics
01-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Hey SandFish ... you can only put your kayak or tube in the water at night on the special designated events, which usually start in May and run through to September. But of course you can shore fish 24/7/365.

Fire Ball
01-16-2011, 12:15 AM
Plastics just said it. You can only tube or yak it on the nights when they have the Night Tubing events. You don't need nav lights or anything. It costs $20 for it, but it is worth it.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-19-2011, 12:43 PM
FYI you can fish the lagoon from the east shore at night....no tubes other than the designated night events...

Many fish can be had from shore throughout the year but the lake currently does not have prime bite conditions.

If it's not a long drive you may want to give it a whirl...

dropshot robos w 1 1/2 to 2' tag end should be your main tactics..

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Oh yeah, havn't followed it closely lately but Casitas usually does 1 night fishing eve per full moon but not sure if thats seasonal or not...you may want to check...a little further but some sweet feesh there ! most likely a better bite right now too...

SHORE ONLY AT NIGHT..

(FOR BOTH LAKES)
Fish SLOW..when U think it's slow enough...
SLOW IT DOWN MORE !

Try texas rig in the trash at Casitas...dropshot where U can though

stg68
01-19-2011, 05:35 PM
Hey SandFish,
As Gary sad... Fish SLOW..when U think it's slow enough... Goon it is slow right now, not a best time to learn. Water is up, and cold .Most of the Lmb's is deep, for last month and a half I had luck every other trip.
Not sure about dropshot robos, I’m not using that a lot. But whatever you using, fish SLOW.....

Goof luck !!!