PDA

View Full Version : LuckyCraft Saltwater Flash Minnows in Santa Monica area

gavin310
01-14-2011, 03:42 AM
Anyone know which stores have a variety of Lucky Craft Saltwater Flash Minnow 110s around here? Purfields usually has a couple, but they're usually the most expensive. I found a Sport Chalet down in OC that has one or two, but the ones around here don't have them. If I can't find a good selection locally I'll just order online.

DockRat
01-14-2011, 05:41 AM
Pretty limited selection at tackle shops. Turners has some LCs and saw a few at Fishermans Hardware LB.
Best bet online or Ebay for selection. Go shopping at Wingnuts. :LOL:

POed, Lost my 110 Metallic Sardine at LB the other day. I can't see dropping $18 on LCs fishing structure at the beach. I think I'm over it and done with LCs for a while. Being frugal (cheap) and feel the Krocs and plastics do the job for my short 30 minute after work outings.

Want to target bigger halibut ? Use live Smelt.
Come to think about it, those Big Smelt caught on LCs is the perfect bait for 30" +
Halibut. The problem is you can't cover alot ground bait fishing.
For you Hardbait Purest http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u132/beedah2/Smiley/Smileywhatever.gif DR

gavin310
01-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Pretty limited selection at tackle shops. Turners has some LCs and saw a few at Fishermans Hardware LB.
Best bet online or Ebay for selection. Go shopping at Wingnuts. :LOL:

POed, Lost my 110 Metallic Sardine at LB the other day. I can't see dropping $18 on LCs fishing structure at the beach. I think I'm over it and done with LCs for a while. Being frugal (cheap) and feel the Krocs and plastics do the job for my short 30 minute after work outings.

Want to target bigger halibut ? Use live Smelt.
Come to think about it, those Big Smelt caught on LCs is the perfect bait for 30" +
Halibut. The problem is you can't cover alot ground bait fishing.
For you Hardbait Purest http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u132/beedah2/Smiley/Smileywhatever.gif DR

I guess I've just always liked the flash minnows for how they swim, how deep they dive, how they look, etc. Then again I haven't tried too many others. I do use krocodiles and have lots of success with those too.

Well if anyone knows of an online lure shop that has free shipping please let me know. TackleWarehouse doesn't have Flash Minnows unfortunately.

bones
01-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Standard LC pricing and free shipping on three or more......with the price of gas these days it pays to not drive around much to find them.

http://stores.ebay.com/I-Love-Hard-Bait/Flash-Minnow-/_i.html?_fsub=476783011&_sid=270166761&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Don't listen to "Frugal" Dockrat. The LC's will produce more consistantly. Just remember what I told ya. Slow roll and highstick around structure. Don't swing on anything e.g. (Rocks,Kelp ....etc). With all of the sharp hooks.....99% of fish will hook themself.

gavin310
01-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Standard LC pricing and free shipping on three or more......with the price of gas these days it pays to not drive around much to find them.

http://stores.ebay.com/I-Love-Hard-Bait/Flash-Minnow-/_i.html?_fsub=476783011&_sid=270166761&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Don't listen to "Frugal" Dockrat. The LC's will produce more consistantly. Just remember what I told ya. Slow roll and highstick around structure. Don't swing on anything e.g. (Rocks,Kelp ....etc). With all of the sharp hooks.....99% of fish will hook themself.

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks bones!

Yeah I just need some more practice working the LC through structure. I've mainly fished sandy beaches and I've had good success, but I know it can go from good to great fishing areas with obstacles. I was planning on fishing that same beach again on Sunday but a friend is coming along and I know he'll lose all my lures (he's new to surf fishing) if we fish that same beach.

murrieta angler
01-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks bones!

Yeah I just need some more practice working the LC through structure. I've mainly fished sandy beaches and I've had good success, but I know it can go from good to great fishing areas with obstacles. I was planning on fishing that same beach again on Sunday but a friend is coming along and I know he'll lose all my lures (he's new to surf fishing) if we fish that same beach.

Hey Gavin,
Why not some some cheap Rapala's and have him practice with those, that's what I did for a short time till I got the hang of getting stuck in kelp or rocks and suchforth.
But remember, you'll eventually lose soem, it's the nature of the beast.
Robert
<><

DockRat
01-16-2011, 04:58 AM
Yeah I just need some more practice Snagging the LC on structure.:Angry:

I was planning on fishing that same beach again on Sunday but a friend is coming along and I know he'll lose all my lures (he's new to surf fishing) if we fish that same beach.
Put your buddy on Camo Gulp Sandworms. You can catch halibut on that perch crack too.
DR

DockRat
01-16-2011, 05:01 AM
Hey Gavin,
Why not some some cheap Rapala's and have him practice with those, that's what I did for a short time till I got the hang of getting stuck in kelp or rocks and suchforth.
But remember, you'll eventually lose soem, it's the nature of the beast.
Robert
<><

Pin him on a squid, the old Murrieta Angler style.
DR