PDA

View Full Version : Local 01 / 12 Moo-moo Trip for Bass & Sculpin ... minus Bass

JapanRon
01-13-2011, 03:22 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0112ezine11P1.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h313/tsurikichi/0112ezine11P2.jpg

murrieta angler
01-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Hello Ron,
Nice job with the chunky sculpin.
I wasn't aware that your species count dropped so dramatically from the previous year.
What were the other 8 species that were caught the year before?
Robert
<><

JapanRon
01-13-2011, 04:09 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

Mine was a midget compared to Corys !!

I'll have to go look back in the archives to check but I'm sure a yellow was in the old count along with a Diamond turbot, Rock Sole, Catalina Blue, Sargo, Johnny Bass, Wolf Eel, and a couple of other RF. I had no 3/4 day regular trips to Catalina and that's one reason for the fewer species.

thanks,

JapanRon

DockRat
01-13-2011, 06:16 PM
Nice Report Ron. They have been scooping squid the last few nights off Flat Rock Point.
Catching and filling the recievers, some PBers too.
DR

marzocchi
01-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Nice report Ron.

stepchild
01-14-2011, 07:26 AM
i read ur report pretty good!!!but one issue.i use plastics that have slices of squid.i dont bait and wait with it.i work the plastics,it gives it a lil more action on the bottom.....and i have had great results with it......jmho..

JapanRon
01-14-2011, 04:02 PM
Hi stepchild,

IMNSHO ....... you're actually fishing BAIT w/leadhead and plastic attractor .... which gives you some added action and color. Although it's leadhead and plastic ONLY for me. My rail buddy sometimes fishs a dropper loop with torpedo sinker and a plastic w/long shanked hook, baited w/Squid and he sure outfishes me but .... I tell him he's going to plastic fishing hell for this blasphmey !! ha ha ha It's mostly in good humor. For myself and a number of brave souls out there ..... we laughingly say ..... using Gulp type stuff, scents, and all sorts of raw meat, hung on a leadhead and plastic is ...... cheating !! All tongue in cheek you understand until ..... one spends a day fishing a leadhead plastic ONLY combo and then ...... there's an understanding of the difference it takes to get a bite. Of course, each to his own on fishing method .... it's one of the few things we can still do just as we dang well please !!

Good to see you using the plastics !!! Keep up the good work.

Look forward to your future reports,

JapanRon

murrieta angler
01-14-2011, 06:34 PM
Hi murrieta angler,

Mine was a midget compared to Corys !!

I'll have to go look back in the archives to check but I'm sure a yellow was in the old count along with a Diamond turbot, Rock Sole, Catalina Blue, Sargo, Johnny Bass, Wolf Eel, and a couple of other RF. I had no 3/4 day regular trips to Catalina and that's one reason for the fewer species.

thanks,

JapanRon

Ahhh,
That explains alot.
Thanks Ron,
Robert
<><

stepchild
01-15-2011, 06:07 AM
Hi stepchild,

IMNSHO ....... you're actually fishing BAIT w/leadhead and plastic attractor .... which gives you some added action and color. Although it's leadhead and plastic ONLY for me. My rail buddy sometimes fishs a dropper loop with torpedo sinker and a plastic w/long shanked hook, baited w/Squid and he sure outfishes me but .... I tell him he's going to plastic fishing hell for this blasphmey !! ha ha ha It's mostly in good humor. For myself and a number of brave souls out there ..... we laughingly say ..... using Gulp type stuff, scents, and all sorts of raw meat, hung on a leadhead and plastic is ...... cheating !! All tongue in cheek you understand until ..... one spends a day fishing a leadhead plastic ONLY combo and then ...... there's an understanding of the difference it takes to get a bite. Of course, each to his own on fishing method .... it's one of the few things we can still do just as we dang well please !!

Good to see you using the plastics !!! Keep up the good work.

Look forward to your future reports,

JapanRon

i hear you!!..but i fish 90% of the time CPR.so what ever it takes for me to have a good time and catch as many fish as possible in a short period of time ill do it...i like to send bass back to their home with sore lips...but any ways thats just my style.

JapanRon
01-15-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi stepchild,

90% CPR ! In my way of thinking, that's most excellent and a great example to others. I thank you and the fishys thank you.

Unfortunately, I have one issue, in my own fishing, in that I mostly fish moo-moos and I don't (could but it would cause problems) CPR as much as I would like. If I catch legal size fish (excluding breeder-size) on a sportie, it's pretty much considered 'common sense' that if one doesn't want to keep a fish themselves ..... it should be or it's 'normal' to let someone else have it. I always have buddies right there on bringing a fish on board. Wierd ! I won't get anyone posting the legality of the issue here I hope..... it just how it is .... right DFG ?! Guess that won't be resolved till I fish entirely PB, tube, or toon.

Good fishing and keep up the CPR ........ where applicable.

JapanRon

stepchild
01-15-2011, 08:04 AM
Hi stepchild,

90% CPR ! In my way of thinking, that's most excellent and a great example to others. I thank you and the fishys thank you.

Unfortunately, I have one issue, in my own fishing, in that I mostly fish moo-moos and I don't (could but it would cause problems) CPR as much as I would like. If I catch legal size fish (excluding breeder-size) on a sportie, it's pretty much considered 'common sense' that if one doesn't want to keep a fish themselves ..... it should be or it's 'normal' to let someone else have it. I always have buddies right there on bringing a fish on board. Wierd ! I won't get anyone posting the legality of the issue here I hope..... it just how it is .... right DFG ?! Guess that won't be resolved till I fish entirely PB, tube, or toon.

Good fishing and keep up the CPR ........ where applicable.

JapanRon

i agree,when the freezer runs dry,its time to fill.may 4-5 fish,but thats it.maybe one of these days i might have to get on the boat u are on and we can fish on!!!!.