PDA

View Full Version : Tourny. and bouy line?

hooks
01-13-2011, 10:15 AM
With the BIG tourny. this week (I might actually come out retirement for this one seeing how I have been at the Vine so much lately), I have a question for the vine guys.
Yesterday, with Kewly off, the bouy lines (both of them) made no difference. I must of watched 20 boats cross the 1st set of bouys. Maybe 10 of those boats crossed the 2nd bouy line. Several of these boats came within 75 ft. of the spill way.
Nobody ran out anyone that I seen from the area that is suppose to be closed.
Can someone clarify if that end of the lake is open for fishing? With the big tourny. this weekend, it should be patroled if it is still off limits. Why should only a few get to troll or fish bubble holes by the dam and not everyone else?
Sorry to WHINE again but better to address this now then have issues because of this at awards.
:Twisted:

TaperSteve
01-13-2011, 10:56 AM
They'll most likely have VinePatrol hanging out by the bouy line for the day. Last week when I was there no one was watching the 2nd bouy line and everyone was fishing past it. I assumed it was open so I fished the area throughout the day also until VinePatrol came through towards the end of the day and shoed everyone away. As long as theres water going over the spillway they'll most likely have to keep everyone behind the 2nd bouy line. You never know, theres too many jack-a**'s out there and I wouldn't put it past someone to go over the spillway. Better safe then sorry ya know.

TS

FISHJUNKIE4446
01-14-2011, 07:14 PM
SOOOOOOOOOOOO where s the first one located?

Marley
01-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Today's fish report shows fish caught in Sierra Cove. Maybe the water has calmed down enough to allow less drastic closures. Fishing down close to thh dam should be very good for a few days...