PDA

View Full Version : Looking for yak fishing buddies

SandFish
01-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Hi all looking for some fellow yak fisherman . usually go solo but its always nice to have company
Try to get on the water at least 3 days a week
I fish any and all waters will drive any where to fish . I live to fish and fish to live

bassyakker
01-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Where do you normally fish? I might go out this weekend on the yak.

qbi2001
01-13-2011, 05:51 PM
Now that waterfowl season is winding down I'll be getting back into my kayak fishing. I mostly fish freshwater this time of year and switch to the salt in the summer. What are you fishing for this time of year, and Im game to go out and catch some. I usually go out of the malibu surf but looking to try somewhere new.

Matt

SLOfish
01-13-2011, 06:48 PM
Being from SLO, i do most my yakking up here. but with family down in ventura, i do a bit in the malibu and santa barbara areas. i'll hit you up next time i venture down that way

SandFish
01-14-2011, 01:10 AM
Thanks for the reply's

bassyak - dont really have a normal spot but piru,pyramid,silverwood and saltwater . Where you thinking of going this weekend? I cant decide on where to go yet

qbi2001 - this time of year mainly fresh too but some salt the harbor is only 5 min away from me
and i fish for everything

SLOfish - ive been contemplating heading up your way to any one of the lakes up there any suggestions
santa margarita,lopez,nacimento,san antonio ?
how's the white bass at nacimento

Hope to see all of you out on the water soon

qbi2001
01-15-2011, 03:13 PM
SandFish,
Sent you a message, lets plan a trip. I'm always looking for fellow yakfishers

SandFish
01-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Im game lets get something together for this weekend anybody else interested ?

SLOfish
01-18-2011, 09:22 PM
the white bass bite at naci is pretty slow right now, but if the weather keeps up like it has been recently, the spawn should be starting fairly soon. the spots are pretty active right now though.

Darius
01-28-2011, 12:52 PM
Whoever wants to go please save my username shoot me a pm I'm willing to hit the waters, especially the fresh!

Zodiac
01-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Hey guys I am fairly new to this forum but I am also interested in finding some Yak fishing buddies. I have a yak just waiting for her maiden voyage. Pm me if you guys would like to set something up in the future, just need to warn you I am a newbie at the yak.

Darius
01-29-2011, 11:34 AM
How about a trip to puddingstone? Castaic? Especially puddingstone those dam boats create some fun surf!

keenefish
01-29-2011, 06:17 PM
Hi there guys,
I am also looking for some more yak friends too, I fish mostly during the week due to kids stuff on the weekends. I live in MB and will drive where ever but King Harbor is so close to me I go there a lot, just wish there was more fish to be caught. I also lobster fish but don't like to to solo so I haven't been much this year. Lakes, streams, ponds, where ever there are fish to be caught.
Keene

qbi2001
01-31-2011, 10:21 PM
Ok fellas,
We need to get a yak fishing trip in order. I am open to either fresh or salt I fish Silverwood alot but its very hit or miss. I would like to explore some new water, anyone care to join. Next weekend Im out of town but anyone interested for a 2/12 trip.

Keenefish,
I'd love to join you on a lobster hoop trip. I dont do it yet but have been thinking about getting into in and would love to tag along.

Anyone intersted shoot me a pm or email @
qbi2001@hotmail.com

tomah
02-15-2011, 07:52 AM
i just picked up my malibu kayak! looking to go fishing in it soon in the harbors around here. either RB, MB, LB or LosAl

ToadsToadsOnly
02-21-2011, 06:03 PM
As soon as it warms up a little I am game to hit the water. Just got a new yak I want to break it in. What do you guys catch this time of year in redondo?