PDA

View Full Version : Sitting low on my tube Help?

mattintosh
01-11-2011, 02:13 PM
I have a Caddis F/T and I am a bit too chubby for it.
I seem to sit low in the tube.

I would like to build up this seat two to four inches giving me more bouyancy and raising me up a bit more out of the water.
Has anyone tried this with any success?
What did youuse to raise the seat?
How did you attach the material? ECT?
Thanks Mattintosh

xjdesertfox
01-11-2011, 02:24 PM
it might not be because your chubby, but because its a caddis. As far as i know all caddis tubes ride pretty low.

mattintosh
01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Do you think its possible to build up the seat?

BrandonFish
01-11-2011, 03:26 PM
google.com Jk ... .. . . . what type of tube is it? and how low are you sitting? oh and where are you fishing..
Brandon

mattintosh
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
It is a Caddis Tube. I sit in the water by about six to ten inches and after a while I seem to slide even further down to the point I can feel water coming in on my back! When I try to scoot up the tube just squishes and its almost impossible to get up on the seat again!!

mattintosh
01-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I am fishing the Harbor and some beaches with a few freshwater lakes

stepchild
01-11-2011, 04:03 PM
It is a Caddis Tube. I sit in the water by about six to ten inches and after a while I seem to slide even further down to the point I can feel water coming in on my back! When I try to scoot up the tube just squishes and its almost impossible to get up on the seat again!!

it doesnt sound like its inflated properly.when i first started out on the tube i would just use my life jacket to raise me up..give it a try

viperman100
01-11-2011, 10:36 PM
try one of those floating seat cushions for boats, walmart has some cheap ones for around 15 bucks, I attached one to the bottom of the tubes seat so it would help keep the tube up and not just myself. I have a fishcat and have alot of pvc for rod holders and fishfinder attached to it and just like having that little bit of extra height I get back by using the cushion. If I dont use the fishfinder and rod holder attachment I dont use the cushion and have no problems with staying up out of the water.

BrandonFish
01-13-2011, 04:38 AM
more air more air more air

See Chris Fish
01-17-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm leaning towards, inflate it more.
It could be that it feels ok on shore, but when it's in the colder water, the air is contracting.
I base this on your statement that it's ok when you start, but it gets worse as the day goes on.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

CALFISHER4EVR
01-18-2011, 06:29 PM
I also use one of those orange square flotation seat cushion. It works well for me. I have a Kennebec pontoon style float tube. It rides me high enough above water that I can get a good cast from either bait or fly fishing. Also is a good secondary safety device.

CatchthatTrout
02-18-2011, 09:59 PM
I also use one of those orange square flotation seat cushion. It works well for me. I have a Kennebec pontoon style float tube. It rides me high enough above water that I can get a good cast from either bait or fly fishing. Also is a good secondary safety device.

I agree with him, I've strapped down a extra cushion on my Water Skeeter tube using utility nylon straps found in the camping section at WalMart.
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/trvcoach/GGG.jpg
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m114/trvcoach/1-1-2000-61.jpg

bassinUKTR
02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
What a trip, I was going to post a similar question for my Caddis float tube. Thanks for all the input!

fishfinder
02-24-2011, 12:29 AM
how about just sit on your life jack. then you dont have to wear it or drag it around

stocker
02-24-2011, 01:16 AM
I had a caddis and yes they ride low irregardless of your weight. My "solution" was to bungee cord a kickboard that I had bought at the dollar store to the nylon strap/seat. When you get the bread, I'd ditch the caddis. I hated mine.

LBSea
03-10-2011, 12:52 PM
I had a Caddis Navigator IV and as mentioned it sat really low. I would get my elbows wet not to mention the extra drag it created when kicking against wind or a current.

My solution was to sell the Caddis and get an ODC420. I have never once regretted the decision.

tree
03-10-2011, 12:54 PM
why hasnt anyone suggested that you lose some weight? ;) jkjk ahaha