PDA

View Full Version : Vine 1/10

hooks
01-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Arrived in the lot at about 4:30am. 1st here again. The temp. is 37 but doesn't feel it.
By 6, there are maybe 30 cars in line. Launched and headed down the west shore.
Fishing seems tougher as of late even though the water is clearing. I'd put the visibility at 2 ft. now. I seen quite a few people hooking smallish ones on the troll. Bait fishing is still good and very good if you're in the right spot with the right bait. I moved MANY times during the day to find the fish. I limited with biggest one at about 4 pounds.
Again, the worm/bobber combo slayed them. Due to losing several of the larger models, I've switched from 6 to using 8 pound on one of my poles. So far the 8 is working pretty well. I don't quite get as many hits as with the 6 but it's real close.
For any of you out there having trouble getting fish, move around. If you're stuck on shore this may not be an option for you but if you're in a boat, move.
If I don't see any action within 30 to 45 minutes of being in a spot, I'll move.
The fish are pretty much everywhere now so you sometimes need to stay mobile to find them.
Tight lines...
:Fishing Catch:

Rooster
01-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Thanks for the report. Ya gonna be fishing the tourney this weekend? Could be payday for ya :Fishing Hole: