PDA

View Full Version : Skunked but still a great time.

Cableguy
01-10-2011, 10:52 AM
Went out to W.110th Saturday with 2 rods. Bait caster and spin reel. Different lures on each one. I was the guy learning how to use the bait caster and now I know why it's so popular. Once you get it down it's alot easier to work with lures. You can feel everything and it's really smooth. Didn't get one line nest that day. Met some good folks. Thanks for the tips Mike. Anyway walked about 2 miles west and then back and 1 mile south and back stopping every 20 yards or so. Casted with each rod 10 times each at each stop. Headed to 70th west around 10 am and did the same thing. Yes I got skunked but no regrets. Can't wait to go again.
On my way to pick up a few KPN's in Castaic. I am hooked at the duct. It's like hunting. I think it's like anything else in life, you only get what you put into it and I will definately be back.

Double A
01-10-2011, 10:55 AM
keep at em cableguy

your efforts are gonna pay off

how did the water look when you were out

Cableguy
01-10-2011, 11:10 AM
Low and murky. Early morning there was somewhat of a current but it seemed to slow down the farther east you went. All in all not a bad morning. Beats the heck out of work.