PDA

View Full Version : Lnl – 1/8/11

JohnnyBoy
01-10-2011, 10:42 AM
This report is for Saturday January 8th, 2011. After having the week between Christmas and New years off, last week of work took some getting used to, so I was really ready for a good day of quality fishing. The last three times I had been out a LNL hadn’t been the most productive due to the massive runoff and resulting murky water. I fished Christmas Eve and it’s looked liked chocolate milk. Didn’t even get bit. So I waited for the water to clear. It did a little, went out, but had to struggle to get three fish. Then on New Years the lake cleared up considerably and I scored 4 fish, one was 7lb 2 oz. Keep in mind I had to really work, move around, switch up colors, methods, etc.

So I figured Saturday was going to be a great day, they stocked on Wednesday; we had a light rain, and figured the pressure wouldn’t have thinned out the plant. Well on Saturday, you could have walked across three pipes area hop scotching from boat to boat, the shoreline wasn’t much better.

I arrived around 8:30 and was on the water by 9am. I saw Winny; he told me it was slow early. So I thought great. As it turned out, the bite did pick up, however it was what I call flurry, dead, flurry, dead, flurry, dead. At times it was good, then nothing. I did get a limit of fish but had to really work hard for it. Hopefully when the water clears completely LNL will get back to our normal WFO status for the Chronic Crew.

What worked, I caught three using White head, yellow tail. I got one with white on green, and one on a night crawler. Yes, I heard it was a bait bite so spent time throwing an inflated night crawler dipped in garlic sauce. It did get me bit.

All in all, it was good to be out on the water, it was not good to have it be hopscotch boats and tubes across the water. I caught a limit no complaints there, but it doesn’t matter where it is. Crowds suck period. Next time I’m going during the week.