PDA

View Full Version : pyramid lake 1/8 Thinning out the herd

Fishthewhaler
01-09-2011, 08:48 AM
Fished with ralph on his red Starcraft. First stop was the marina, we had crawlers, fresh dines and a box of lugs. Drifted through the rock quarry in the marina and Ralph was first on. schoolie. then me, smaller schoolie, released. Ralph throws another one on and its instant success. Head across swim beach and I get hit, then he comes back for it...bigger fish around 3-4 lbs goes in the net. They are eating both crawlers and lugs. It slows for a bit so we decide to head to a pot on the backside of the island, since weather is perfect. I know of a spot that conditions will be stellar, at least for a while. So we head around the island set up on my lil spot and sure enough, conditions were awesome. little to no breeze, and when there was a breeze, it swung us just enough for us to get bit even more. There were biting it and letting go real quick. I was using circle hooks so i farmed a few by swinging , I soon remembered to just let em eat it, then str8 wind em. Success. Ralph and I were roping these suckers fast and furious. Stringer was getting fatter, managed a couple nicer schoolies, all others were small. I got bit, pick up and swung, fish pulled alot of drag,I soon realized he was heading for rocks, so I high sticked him and cranked, turned his head, got about 6 cranks on him, and he turned his head again, ripped line and busted me at my leader..bummer.
Ended the day with limits of stripes and a chunky LMB caught back in yellowbar.(released) I saw a couple of guys in yellowbar that had some channel cats. Ended the day around 230 and headed home, listened to the seahawks game out there, which added to the fun. Great day to start out the year. I am still trying to bluetooth these pics out of my phone to my computer, but having issues. All schoolies with 3 nicer ones between us. FishTheWhaler OVer and Out
AFTER CLEANING THE BIGGER ONE I FOUND A SMALL CRAPPIE IN ITS BELLY!
http://i419.photobucket.com/albums/pp273/fishthenomad/IMG_3666.jpg

SDDave
01-09-2011, 11:20 AM
Good report, nice job getting on the fish, sorry the big one got away, what are lugs?

Fishthewhaler
01-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Lugworms,, aka poor man's bloodworms. We em in Koreatown...They always bite them at the mid, but Castaic is on/off. We usually bring them to the night time events at castaic.

SDDave
01-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the clarification

crappiemike
01-09-2011, 03:17 PM
hope none of them stripey's come in
the water down to piru,,, LOL....
nice fish & see you at the lake...

cm

BIGBASS MB
01-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Sounds very good for this time of the year...
Looking forward to go to the mid...
Mb

TroutOnly
01-10-2011, 09:19 AM
F-T-W,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,KILL THEM ALL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,

fishinone
01-10-2011, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the report.

I'd head up there if I wasn't catching at Castaic.

Fishthewhaler
01-11-2011, 12:35 AM
sorry about the typos, was very sleepy. Thanks for the replies. I will hit pyramid again wed in search of big moe.....

TroutOnly
01-11-2011, 08:56 AM
i know where they are, i might see you up there damon,,,,,,,,,,,,

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-12-2011, 01:26 PM
nice job......slay them jailbirds...keel 'em ALL !

Congrats !
Gary