PDA

View Full Version : Prado 01/08 Quick and to the Point

EL_CHIDO
01-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Skunked...nothing...got only a twitch on one of my poles for 5 hours of fishing.

Fished the area in parking lot5.

Tried PB (Garlic, Chart, SP, Hatchery Pellet).
Tried Half and full inflated crawler with different size leaders.
Tried a Pearl White mini jig on a slip float.
Tried a Chart. Power Nymph on a d/s.

Euclid is still closed coming in from the south, take the north path, road is closed right after the entrance to Prado.

Guess the thread about lathargic trout was correct.

smokinflies
01-09-2011, 05:16 PM
:Sad:

thanks for the report.

BTW is the water level back to normal.

majorpain
01-09-2011, 11:41 PM
I was there today the water is murky and the fish are not biting. I have been fishing that lake almost every weekend since November with a one fish total. I sure hope this lake clears up for the tournament.

XMrxSEAUx
01-10-2011, 10:32 AM
guys:) if the trout is lethargic i usually go with something imitating midges or scuds and do pretty well:) i remember this one time at silverwood where i tried every single thing except my scud fly and boy did it produce for such a small little things. size 16 hook !!! lol i eventually lost the fly because of a huge trout but i did learn that sometimes you have to look under a rock or at least in the trout's stomach to see what's available if pb/worms aren't available for their staple.:)

califishingkid
01-10-2011, 10:38 AM
so disapointing hopefully me and my friend plan to go fishing there tommorow morning for our senior ditch day ill let you know if we have any luck