PDA

View Full Version : trouts on the rooster tail lure

pike guy
01-07-2011, 08:35 PM
when i go trout fishing i always like to bring rooster tail spinning lures on my fishing expeditions. wy? because every fish i have caught on those lures where decently sized. for example when i went fishing in a lake in az i caught a 1 and 1/2 pound and 3 pound rainbow trout on the white 206 WH rooster tail. Another time at lake Irvine i caught 3 roughly 2-4 pound trouts and a 2 pound largemouth bass on the 210 WH green rooster tail. If ur looking for an efficient freshwater lure i would recomend the Worden's Rooster Tail selection. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! :)

old pudd fisher
01-08-2011, 06:25 PM
I just love the Worden's Rooster Tails. I think they work better than the other brands because they still spin on a slow retrieve. I have caught all kinds of fish with them, even catfish. I like them.

BufordT9
01-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Got myself a new white rooster tail too....what are your favorite colors to use?/

old pudd fisher
01-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Dark green or black for the pudd.

Sublime-Steve
01-08-2011, 08:06 PM
i do good on those mini crank baits from walmart strike king i believe

CraigH
01-09-2011, 06:42 AM
I've had good luck using "bumble bee" roostertails at lake Cahuilla (sp?) out by Palm Desert, and white or pearl off the dock at Big Bear.

pike guy
01-09-2011, 07:41 AM
my favorite colors are the light green ones and the white ones.

DockRat
01-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Traveling in southern Chile about 1988, I found this good size river 150' wide. Crusing this dirt road looking for a place to camp out I found this bend with a cove at sunset time. Started tossing lures then put on a lime green Rooster Tail for the fattest 16" brown trout ever. Had a body like a LMB, a real freak. Tasted good too.
DR

GdHkSet1
01-28-2011, 05:01 PM
My favorite w/gold blades:
1. White
2. Chartuese
3. Orange

jowo
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM
X2 for the bumblebee w/gold blade

christainmetalhead909
06-18-2011, 02:22 PM
i do good on those mini crank baits from walmart strike king i believe

those little cranks have got to be my all time favorite lure. i have caught so many trout on one small crank its rediculous i jsut recently lost it trolling at corona :( and i cant find anymore that are just like it.

vanillagurilla
06-18-2011, 02:34 PM
rooster tails suck for me, they used to be good but now it seems like quality has really crashed. The last 10 i bought either didnt spin at all or would only spin at really high speeds. I rarely use spinners but when i do i lean more twards panther martins, they always spin and at really low speeds if you want to fish it deep.

christainmetalhead909
06-18-2011, 03:06 PM
rooster tails suck for me, they used to be good but now it seems like quality has really crashed. The last 10 i bought either didnt spin at all or would only spin at really high speeds. I rarely use spinners but when i do i lean more twards panther martins, they always spin and at really low speeds if you want to fish it deep.

yep i agree, you get some that dont spin right at all, but that happens with many lure, like rapalas sometimes they dont swim right or they just spin.

evosamurai
06-19-2011, 09:43 AM
panther martins to me are the best, spin like a charm

jayman
06-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Panther Martins are my favorite. Have been doing well with them for years. I can't knock rooster tails though. My favorite lures growing up were Kastmasters, and now Panther's, so I haven't really spent too much time using them. Probably should though. Give me more of a variety to spend money on :Cool:

DrePSP
06-21-2011, 02:50 PM
I grew up with rooster tails as my dad bught them. then, When I was older I got introduced to a panther martin and NEVER looked back. Roosters work off and on for me....mostly not. but I do have some in white. their blades just dont spin like panthers.
If youd look in my tackle box I have solid silver, gold and rainbow color Panthers and are always my go to..

seal
06-22-2011, 07:53 AM
There is no such thing as a TROUTS! Sorry pet peave.

Black and Gold is my favorite, hard to find at times, excellent in low light conditions and the Sierra bows seem to love um.

Dr. MindBendo
06-22-2011, 07:58 AM
There is no such thing as a TROUTS! Sorry pet peave.

Black and Gold is my favorite, hard to find at times, excellent in low light conditions and the Sierra bows seem to love um.

Them Trouts sure was tasty! Piece of straw hanging out my mouth... lol