PDA

View Full Version : shore fishing

fishingboysdad
01-07-2011, 07:04 PM
my son wants to go fishing for some jailbirds..anyone know where its better castaic or pyramid..its too expensive to rent those boats

Racerzf
01-07-2011, 09:06 PM
Ive only fished from shore at Castaic and you know what its just soo tough fishing from shore but the best spot IMO is all the way down the dam to the "No Fishing" sign. Not sure if you can see it right now cuz the water level but I've had 5 or 6 fish days there around this time of year.

As for Pyramid, again Ive only fished from a boat there but your best bet is going to be right when you come in where the aqueduct meets the lake at those high water flows area. I'm not an expert on this but I've seen fish pulled out there.

GOOD LUCK!!!

fishingboysdad
01-07-2011, 09:19 PM
thanks for the info..i think ill try castaic..hope its a good day

departed
01-09-2011, 03:37 PM
The aqueduct part of pyramid will get you stripers. If you go to the left of the boat launching theres a lot of rainbow trout good luck

Fishthewhaler
01-10-2011, 08:11 AM
The aqueduct part of pyramid will get you stripers. If you go to the left of the boat launching theres a lot of rainbow trout good luck
I second that...try along rocks/swim beach, and there's a point there too, caught fish there Sat..