PDA

View Full Version : My offering to the fish Gods!!!!

sonarbp
07-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Met up with sullyfish and his buddy on Friday night to do a little tubin for spotties in Newport Bay. We had a great tide to fish with lots of movements so fishing should have been good.....it was for sully and his buddy.

I got to te launch site a little late and had to catch up with them...they had been fishing about 30 min before I finally joined them out by the Harbor patrol station. Sully is one hell of a fisherman!!!!! In about an hours time he landed about 15 or so spottieds and a dink calico.....his buddy wass hot on his tail with 8 or so plus a nice legal halibut. I managed a nice #1.5 spottie before the fishing GODS got angry at me!!!! :twisted:

The three of us just kicked pasted the Coast Gaurd station and started fishing a group of pileings. Sully started pulling up fish left and right....I make a short cast to one of the pileings and instant snag!!!!! :twisted: I retie and put some unibutter on my bait...make a cast and crap!!!!! my rod slipped right out of my hands!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: and to the bottom of the bay!!!!! Sully and his buddy tried for 15 mins to snag it with no luck!!!! I didn't want to stop their test of unibutter verses other sents so I left them to fish and I kicked back to the launch and headed home!!!

At least I beat the skunk before I lost my rod thanks to the unibutter!!!

Here is what my offerings to the fish Gods was:
Shimano Clarus 6'6" medium light casting rod with an Okuma VS 200 casting reel.......hope it made them happy!!

PS. That unibutter seems to work great but it is very very slippery!!!!

sonarbp

one_leg
07-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Get a set of fins and a mask and snorkle. It's only 20 feet deep there.
It's probably still sitting right where you dropped it.

I know it might be dangerous and perhaps even illegal. :wink:

One_Leg

sonarbp
07-30-2007, 11:17 AM
I was thinking about kicking over to the shore and taking the waders off when it happened and swimming back out and diving for it but the guys I was fishing with talked me out of it!!!! :lol: The current was really moving and it was pretty dark......somebody will be pretty happy if they snag it!! Looks like I have a good reason now to buy me a new setup!!! :lol:

sonarbp

one_leg
07-30-2007, 11:21 AM
I was thinking about kicking over to the shore and taking the waders off when it happened and swimming back out and diving for it but the guys I was fishing with talked me out of it!!!! :lol: The current was really moving and it was pretty dark......somebody will be pretty happy if they snag it!! Looks like I have a good reason now to buy me a new setup!!! :lol:

sonarbp

A hull cleaing service will get it for you for a small recovery fee.

O_L

cappo
07-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Bummer about the sacrifice. Did you only have one rod?
I made a donation also this weekend, lost my new hotspot fins and pfd.

sonarbp
07-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Yeah but I am not too worried about it! I only paid like $70 for the whole setup new!!!

sonarbp

one_leg
07-30-2007, 11:30 AM
If you leave it there for any length of time it will be ruined due to electrolysis.
Get it while the gettings good. They'd probably get it for $10.oo

O_L

sonarbp
07-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Bummer about the sacrifice. Did you only have one rod?
I made a donation also this weekend, lost my new hotspot fins and pfd.

HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? Yeah I only took out one rod on this trip....I usually take two but fishing at night I didn't want to have to fight with the second rod!

Thought the hotspots float?

If any of you guys want to try and get the rod I can show you where it is at, but for me I am over it!! sucks but sh*t happens.

sonarbp

cappo
07-30-2007, 12:22 PM
Thought the hotspots float?

sonarbp

They floated right into someone's trunk. :x

CatchthatTrout
07-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Brian,

Sorry to hear about the pole.....
I have one sitting at the bottom of Corona Lake.
Cappo..........bummer about your HotSpots. :cry:

I hope to meet out there in the harbor with you real soon Brian.

Santa Fe Eric
07-30-2007, 11:44 PM
Hey Brian,

Nice post! Sorry about your "offering". If you and CTT go out let me know. I'm kind of nervous trying this tubing thing at night. The first time I was in NPH, my pontoon separated from the frame and I went into the drink. THank God Kev, Yakker, Wale Pescado, and Buzzkill were there. I'd hate to have this happen to me at night.
If there was an Armada I think I would do it.

ERic

spiceguy
07-31-2007, 10:58 AM
The harbor has been getting alot of offerings lately, including my cell phone last Friday... :oops:

n1ckxlam
08-02-2007, 09:31 AM
oh man that sucks.

a variation of that happened to me a month or so ago off the sport king,
i aint even gonna explain how it happened because its too sad

i lost a pretty good setup as well

see you on the water
Nick Lam

ps are you tubin the vine event? heard somwehre you guys were. figure i might join you

sonarbp
08-02-2007, 09:35 AM
Hey n1ckxlam,

Yeah it sucks when you lose a nice set up.....but Sh@t happens!

I plan on tubing the event along with a bunch of other members....I think it will be a blast getting pulled around by a big cat!!!!! :shock:

see ya there!!!!

p.s. if you ever want to tube newport let me know!!!

sonarbp