PDA

View Full Version : A.V Duct report

M@M
01-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Started out right before sunrise at Johnson Rd. (Phelan) .......water flowing fast so drove to Palmdale (east)........ started fishing duct at Pearblossom Hwy....... water was low and moving slow................ after about 30 min. moved to gate at Barrel Springs Rd..........no flow.......that was the story all the way back thru Little Rock and Phelan.....fished a lot of spots........no flow ......water low and stained........stopped fishing around 1:30.......................................

Jig-Guy
01-07-2011, 07:47 PM
Hi M@M, Thanks for the report and your efforts. At least the day turned out nice so you did not freeze your buns off. I hope that you stumble on a 30 pounder in your efforts then Paula & I can help you eat that monster. My deep fryer is ready any time:Food:.
Tight Lines,
Bill / jig-guy

yolo
01-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Mike, Bummer man. I made a post that the water was receding again when I got my last two, I bet it had some to do with it. I'm afraid to get home and see just how low it got since I left on Thursday morning,

Bassnman Mike
01-08-2011, 06:51 AM
Bummer Mike. I was also working the AV duct yesterday, along with Marine_Michael. Arrived in Palmdale around 0900 and we started out heading east, hit a few spots. The water was slow and low so we thought, "Lets Head West", which was a huge waste of time because the water west was even lower and slower than it was to the east but we pressed on. Hit everything between 70th to 280th for a big fat Skunk. Called it quits at around 4:00 and headed to El Polo Loco, picked up dinner and headed home to Ridgecrest.

Cindy, the wife, asked me why I keep going back to the duct when I could just head to Pyramid and get a limit of stripers, I told her "Because its personal now between the duct and I" HA!

M@M
01-08-2011, 09:29 AM
:Smile:
Bummer Mike. I was also working the AV duct yesterday, along with Marine_Michael. Arrived in Palmdale around 0900 and we started out heading east, hit a few spots. The water was slow and low so we thought, "Lets Head West", which was a huge waste of time because the water west was even lower and slower than it was to the east but we pressed on. Hit everything between 70th to 280th for a big fat Skunk. Called it quits at around 4:00 and headed to El Polo Loco, picked up dinner and headed home to Ridgecrest.

Cindy, the wife, asked me why I keep going back to the duct when I could just head to Pyramid and get a limit of stripers, I told her "Because its personal now between the duct and I" HA!

Mike, looks like we didn't pick the best day to drive to the AV to fish.......but the water was flowing that morning.....I was thinking of heading west but didn't feel like doing more driving ....wanted to get fishing.......glad I didn't ....but would of been cool to run into more Mike's at the duct:Smile:...............Like we all KEEP saying...we'll get them next time!!!!..............Tight lines, Mike

M@M
01-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Mike, Bummer man. I made a post that the water was receding again when I got my last two, I bet it had some to do with it. I'm afraid to get home and see just how low it got since I left on Thursday morning,

Z,all the gates were completely closed. I saw a big rig parked inside the fence at the 138. Had an empty trailer on it for a tractor or something big, but didn't see anything.
Water was down a couple feet.

M@M
01-08-2011, 09:41 AM
QUOTE=Jig-Guy;512812]Hi M@M, Thanks for the report and your efforts. At least the day turned out nice so you did not freeze your buns off. I hope that you stumble on a 30 pounder in your efforts then Paula & I can help you eat that monster. My deep fryer is ready any time:Food:.
Tight Lines,
Bill / jig-guy[/QUOTE]

Yeah Bill, was a beautiful day. At this point I'll be happy catching anything .....even a bite would be something.:Smile:

tpfishnfool
01-08-2011, 10:54 AM
Water is down at least 8 feet on the west side. No good....

Bassnman Mike
01-08-2011, 11:54 AM
:Smile:

Mike, looks like we didn't pick the best day to drive to the AV to fish.......but the water was flowing that morning.....I was thinking of heading west but didn't feel like doing more driving ....wanted to get fishing.......glad I didn't ....but would of been cool to run into more Mike's at the duct:Smile:...............Like we all KEEP saying...we'll get them next time!!!!..............Tight lines, Mike

Mike, I know when we got to our first spot there was a little flow then the water started to back flow, equalize, when they shut the gate's, and that was the end of the water movement, at least for us.

Did you see a blacked out Chevy Silverado with a camper shell on it running around? That was Mike and I.

I know we keep saying, "Next Time I'll get em", I just keep wondering how many more "next times" I have to go through until I do get them. HA!

yolo
01-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Well at least one more "next time".

Marine_Michael
01-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Mike, I know when we got to our first spot there was a little flow then the water started to back flow, equalize, when they shut the gate's, and that was the end of the water movement, at least for us.

Did you see a blacked out Chevy Silverado with a camper shell on it running around? That was Mike and I.

I know we keep saying, "Next Time I'll get em", I just keep wondering how many more "next times" I have to go through until I do get them. HA!

stop bringing the cooler full of ice and you'll nail them:Rolls Eyes:

Bassnman Mike
01-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Well at least one more "next time".

HA! Hopefully “Next Time” will be “The Time”

stop bringing the cooler full of ice and you'll nail them:Rolls Eyes:

Hmmmm, I wonder if I could fool them if I covered the ice chest with a tarp and hide the fillet knife and board under the seat in the cab of the truck……. HA!