PDA

View Full Version : which reel

stepchild
01-07-2011, 11:46 AM
i wanna get my feet wet,im trying to get a set up for some local tuna,and wsb.i bought me a couple of rods 7-6 teramar 15-30lb,also an 8ft teramar 20-40 lb range.what reels will go with these rods.im a lefty,and i would like to sling some irons,but also be able to use live bait when posiible.any help would be appreciated.

Nessie Hunter
01-07-2011, 01:37 PM
A lot depends on what price range your in..

For a new Salt angler I would suggest the Daiwa Sealine X series (30X & 50X for your class Targets)..
Not expensive at all, Very good casting and built like tanks to last a long time.
Great Drags, great freespool and light weight frames etc..

When you get some miles on them you wont be so 'reel broke' you cant justify upgrading...

BassFreak
01-07-2011, 08:46 PM
You might wanna learn to fish righties for the salt. I'm a lefty as well and our choices are very limited. You can either go with a daiwa saltiga 30L or avets. I Prefer the saltiga myself but it costs a pretty penny..

stepchild
01-08-2011, 06:26 AM
You might wanna learn to fish righties for the salt. I'm a lefty as well and our choices are very limited. You can either go with a daiwa saltiga 30L or avets. I Prefer the saltiga myself but it costs a pretty penny..

i heard that also,learn to reel right handed...more reel options..thanks.