PDA

View Full Version : Castaic upper this morn..

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-07-2011, 09:07 AM
Hit the upper Castaic for an hour this morning…

Got 1 stripey blowup and landed this fat chuncky LMB..
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/swimbaitlmb-castaic1-7-11.jpg
Had 2 other LMB chase down my swimbait….

No stripey landed unfortunately….had ta boogie out of there to get to work….

Till next time,
Gary

P.S.
There MUST be BLOOD !

This ones for you BOB !

CL SmooV
01-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Good stuff G Man......

fishinone
01-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Nice.

I'm happy to hear that they're chasing trout up there now.

huukup12
01-07-2011, 11:05 AM
Very cool Gary...
It's always nice to get your fix before work....
thx, j

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Good stuff G Man......
thanks brotha...I hope you doing some damage as well somewhere...somehow...to some fishee's : )

Take care : )
Gary

Nice.

I'm happy to hear that they're chasing trout up there now.
thanks....gotta work at but sometimes it pays...sometimes it does not !

Very cool Gary...
It's always nice to get your fix before work....
thx, j
Always love that stuff...just way hard to be disciplined and GO TO work...

Ha ha ha...suddenly I feel ill !

Ahhh ha ha ha

Thanks,
Gary

koifish
01-07-2011, 07:25 PM
Have not seen these fat...at this lake for a while. Nice catch.

TroutOnly
01-07-2011, 08:38 PM
Bass-blood,,,,,,,,not the greenfish gary ,them jailbirds ,i wanna see them bleed,,,,,,,,,hopefully sunday,,,,,,,,,

Bass Buddy07
01-08-2011, 01:38 AM
dude i was there when i was usin the bbz swimbait too hahaha
and u told me that u caught a bass!!!!

Btbdodgers
01-08-2011, 01:56 PM
at the dam? floater or sinker?

BigBassHogExpert
01-08-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm 100% catch and release on LMB.

smokehound
01-08-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm 100% catch and release on LMB.Most of us are....

Good going on the bass, looks pretty fat. What size line were you using?

BigBassHogExpert
01-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I suppose you can make just about anything palatable if you deep fry it in beer batter.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-10-2011, 10:20 AM
I suppose you can make just about anything palatable if you deep fry it in beer batter.
Hmmmm...I'm gonna try ta be nice...

This bass was released safely...

had lockjaw when this photo was taken....

U might see this occur occasionally with large bass when their spine gets pressurized as it's connected to their tongue hence the temporary paralysis when lifting it's own body weight against itself which can also be achieved by belly lifting..

Of course that IS assuming that you are catching many trophy bass in order to have been able to see this occur but that’s a huge assumption but with a screen name like yours I guess that leaves me nothing to do BUT to assume you catch many hawg bass as U never post any successful reports but seem to hand out all sorts of advice on catching fish but don’t back anything up with a walk the walk talk the talk report…

Hmnnn..that’s about as nice as I can get here….your rubbing me wrong so I’ll leave it there bass hogg slaymaster…

I am assuming U thought I killed and ate that bass

but I assure U I didn't but if I chose to that would be my choice in any realm…

in fact I’m not afraid to point out again on this forum that in my viewpoint…I’ve caught and released WAY MORE than my share of bass in a lifetime to have earned the right to eat one now and then if I chose to eat one or two here or there it would be within my rights as I’ve given back way more to that LMB ecology….

Hmmnnn…maybe U think I don’t know what I’m dealing with when talking about and catching LMB….who’s to say…

But have fun there kiddo’ if U want to hold a grudge since I called the truth out on another post then so be it…..ur just 1 more name on the list of haters in the Gary fan club…

U guys should have a luncheon…there’s so many of you : )

Go fishin : )

Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Another PRIME example of a bass with lockjaw…..doesn’t happen often but it happens..

And this bass ALSO was released seconds after this photo….
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/1234castaic.jpg

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-10-2011, 11:09 AM
Most of us are....

Good going on the bass, looks pretty fat. What size line were you using?
20 lb P-line Cxx

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-10-2011, 11:14 AM
at the dam? floater or sinker?
On the dam.....sinker

dude i was there when i was usin the bbz swimbait too hahaha
and u told me that u caught a bass!!!!

Ohh cool....nice talkin with U even though it uz very brief as we were both trying ta make something happen....

U obviously saw me walkin back accross the dam with that fat LMB in hand....waiting to be fillet'd then : )
(sarcasm -as haters think I killed it )

All jokes aside...

I hope you madfe something happen, it was a bit tough out there....

either way it's always good to get time on the water : )

Gary

cutbait
01-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Nice fish gawry... you know what pic I wanna see on this thread!

Indulge me please

cutbait
01-10-2011, 11:37 AM
I'm 100% catch and release on LMB.

I'm 100% ban all trolls, but we don't always get what we want nnow do we

Double A
01-10-2011, 11:40 AM
thanx a lot for the REPORT gary

and, thank you for the USEFULL information

which,,, i thought what this forum is supposed to be about

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Nice fish gawry... you know what pic I wanna see on this thread!

Indulge me please
Far be it from me to dissapoint....

BBQ at the lagoon tonight !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/joke---cuttuplagoon5-21-08-1.jpg

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Hey Cut-Bait….remember last week when U n Trailblazer had ur fun with my type O ?

It’s payback time !

I told you : )

…..Revisited…when Trailblazer and Cutbait were posters boys and “Grand Marshals” for that “Other” parade…..
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/trailblazerandcutbait-navaGAYtion.jpg

sumojo
01-10-2011, 04:32 PM
LMAO this is so funny thats a great pic of you gary LOL

sumojo
01-10-2011, 04:33 PM
And this one is even more funny LOL

cutbait
01-10-2011, 05:22 PM
Haha.. nice work bringin up the old school photoshop stuff.

Ran across this of you and your son. You know the time you went down to Tiajuana for that " bachelor party".

" Me love you long time" trip! I'm proud of ya for takin the time to teach the yungin to fish

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Photoshop%20stuff/1491703296_33f808ffc5.jpg

cutbait
01-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Becareful Gawy,, I have an ace up my sleeve!!!! I got one in the chamber

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Haha.. nice work bringin up the old school photoshop stuff.

Ran across this of you and your son. You know the time you went down to Tiajuana for that " bachelor party".

" Me love you long time" trip! I'm proud of ya for takin the time to teach the yungin to fish

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u290/kluna2/Photoshop%20stuff/1491703296_33f808ffc5.jpg
That picture still makes me laugh with tears in my eyes....(don't be hatin' goerdybass that way...I taught 'em everthing he knows......but I didn't teach him everything that I KNOW !)

Break out the ace....if ya wanna play...gunnslinga'

(quote from the Movie Tombstone)
Should I hate 'em ?

....you don't even know him...

Yeah........I hate 'em !

I'm your huckleberry'

My hypocrocy only goes sooo Far !

Bring it bako bridesmade....

Let's see what U got lil bambida'

AND: for those who don't know-----just foolin about ! (hey thats another Tombstone quote !)

cutbait
01-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Since were on western movie quotes.

From Josey Wales.

"someone oughta bury those fellas"

Clint "To hell with them fellas. Buzzards gotta eat, same as the worms"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcKzFGxCVEg

You'll get the ace in the morning

TroutOnly
01-11-2011, 08:41 AM
Hey c/b , that pic of gary and gayordy, was that the brokebackbouyline trip,,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,,,,

Btbdodgers
01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=gletemfeelsteelgary;513333]On the dam.....sinker

thanks for sharing and nice fish!!!!

trail blazer
01-16-2011, 05:46 PM
Great looking GREENCARP my striper junkie brother

TRAIL BLAZER

a321eric
01-16-2011, 09:42 PM
i have yet to catch a fish on my 6in trout bbz....need to start learning the ins and outs of swimbait fishin.

any tips? i have the slow sink

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-17-2011, 11:31 AM
i have yet to catch a fish on my 6in trout bbz....need to start learning the ins and outs of swimbait fishin.

any tips? i have the slow sink
Note a huge mystery for the better part when it comes to BBZ’s (other lures require much more user interaction to achieve the right action).

BBZ is pretty cut and dry..

I will note that the jury is still out on the 6” version, I do own one but have not caught anything on it yet, although I don’t fish it as often as the larger version, I have also noticed a slightly different kick to the 6” but it still seems like it should appeal to those trout eaters : )

Anyways, I run the 8” versions almost religiously, floating AND sinking….

A few things to note before I am specific:

The BBZ’s are not cast friendly, they tumble a hole lot during the cast and have great wind resistance, if your fishing from shore this could be detrimental to your success, from a boat shouldn’t be as great of a factor if you got your boat positioned near the strike zone.

The reasons I say this about the shore slingin is that very often the fish are dwelling past your cast range with the BBZ so after fishing a BBZ w/o success one might consider throwing more aerodynamic lures such as a lunker punker etc.

When I switch to such lures after a BBZ I can obtain 30 to 50’ more distance from my cast…

Anyways the real secret to catching fish on the lures (in my eyes) is “FISHING IT”
One must really commit themselves to big bait fishing when doing it..

So the secret is: Cast…Cast….cast…AND more casts !

If you not getting hooked up doesn’t mean you doing anything wrong, it simply probably means your not contacting the fish or at least not contacting the fish that are targeting trout.

I run P-line Cxx 20 lb copolymer with a 7’ 11’ EXTRA HEAVY shimano crucial swimbait rod to begin with.

I’ll typically start with a floating BBZ then go to a floating lunker punker type of lure, then graduate to a FAST sinking BBZ, I’m personally not the biggest fan of a slow sink cause if I want to fish subsurface I want to get the luer down to where I want it relatively quick and begin my attack.

For the better part a slow roll straight retrieve will get the action but occasionally I burn them and get interest too.

1 last option I might add is occasionally when I’m not getting bit, I’ll mix it up with straight retrive then stop…straight retrieve then stop…etc….never really stopping long just a quick interval in the retrieve from the right hand and immediately beginning again..

This causes the BBZ to briefly stop and sway hard to left or right, it’s almost as if it’s turning to look back ….

Try this method with the lure close to you during a retrive and you’ll see what I’m explaining, vary the speed of the reel handle burn and time of stop till U obtain the desired affect.

Fish it HARD…and U MUST believe…much of a lures effectiveness comes from the angler believing in the lure and that subsequently results in the angler fishing it harder with more efficiency.

I WOULD recomend using the 8" version !
Hope this helps…

Gary

synenergy52
01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
nice to see you're still slayin em gary. i still owe you some 4-lb test. im thinking of getting back into the game again.. been a while..were there any trout plants lately? and wheres a good place to fish the upper? (shore)

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-27-2011, 02:15 PM
nice to see you're still slayin em gary. i still owe you some 4-lb test. im thinking of getting back into the game again.. been a while..were there any trout plants lately? and wheres a good place to fish the upper? (shore)

You can find the trout stocking info by calling the Department of Fish and Game trout stocking line @ (562) 594-7268

They will not divulge which day of the week but they’ll tell you the week of the stock.

Last week Castaic and Pyramid both got trout. Usually they run in a 2 week stock program but do not hold me to that, you’ll need to call.

As for shoreline at Castaic, overall the fishing has been slow (nothing new for this time of year), your best bet would probably be to the right of the launch ramp or out on the dam.

Not sure what’s happening over at the west ramp area, if anyone is getting action there it’s not being reported, couldn’t hurt to try (not for trout).

Overall, I’d look for the overall bite to get better mid next month (Feb) to late Feb early march, things should get into gear then but as always, fish patterning is hard to predict but if one were to guesstimate based on past years, things should turn for the better around that time frame.

The stripers haven’t keyed on the trout as hard as they should have this year but I didn’t try it on the last plant, If ur gonna throw the big bait I’d watch for the stock and follow up shortly after that…
(I did get wind of a 25-30lb stripey at pyramid a couple stocks back)

Let me know how things go….
As for that 4lb test, don’t worry about it…consider it a gift…just go catch some fish and dedicate a couple to me and consider us even ! : )

Good luck,
Gary

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-27-2011, 02:18 PM
P.S.

a321Eric: have you tried what I mention above ? I know U hit DVL...that would be where to pound with dem' big baits !

Any luv ?

Hitts0n
02-07-2011, 01:02 AM
2.1 lbs easy! LMAO !

GeordyBass
02-08-2011, 12:08 AM
lol Where was I when the trash talking began?? LMAO!

Stunkbait... stop hiding on facebook! lol

Gayry stop harassing the greenbacks, that oil isnt hot enough for the batter!

Bob is gonna Bearpaw slap you if you dont give him the bones!

cutbait
02-08-2011, 04:46 AM
lol Where was I when the trash talking began?? LMAO!

!

You missed it cause you've been too busy building plastic newell reels, fishing gulp only spotted bay bass tourneys and keeping your catch for taco's!.. Oh and Junior High School has you for 8 hrs everyday. :Idiot:

E.A.R.G.
02-11-2011, 02:10 AM
dammm good job Gary!
you killin the big LMBs!

whats with the hater? lol

GeordyBass
02-12-2011, 02:09 AM
You missed it cause you've been too busy building plastic newell reels, fishing gulp only spotted bay bass tourneys and keeping your catch for taco's!.. Oh and Junior High School has you for 8 hrs everyday. :Idiot:
lol this reply is sooo awesome!!

Plastic = Crap
Gulp! = Catching fish... but I likey da swimbaits :D
High School = only 3 hours to be exact
Tacos = Yum!!!
Stunkbait = Skunked at the Duct lol

I've been busy getting skunked at the lagoon and playing halo, and going to school FYI!!

trail blazer
02-14-2011, 07:51 PM
Hay GEORDY,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Pm CUT BAIT yr phone # again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hes got a few pics he needs to send ya.

TRAIL BLAZER

Hitts0n
02-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I hope you killed it !!! Glad you made ummm bleed !!