PDA

View Full Version : UniButter - Newport Bay 7/27

sullyfish
07-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Fished with Bryan and Matt friday night down at Newport Bay...Great weather had us fishing in t shirts under a near full moon

We continued testing the UniButter tonight...Also tried ProCure gel and some Gulp jerk shads

Fishcounts -

UniButter - 21 fish - 21 bass(All 3 species 80% spotties)

Procure - 6 fish 5 bass(spotties/sandies) 1 Halibut - 23"

Gulp - 2 Fish - 2 bass

Observations -

The UniButter consistentcy changes with the surrounding temp.
After then sun went down it thickened up a bit...Still worked great
I dumped half my 2oz bottle in a small baby food jar...Maybe the glass had a cooling effect or was more tempermental to temp changes???

Tommy explained it to me like this..."It's easier to spread warm butter on toast than cold butter"...Great explanation

Perhaps portable/disposable "hand warmer" packets wrapped around the bottle would help on cold/night trips???

Procure Gel - Did not like the fact it stiffened up some of my swimbaits and killed their action....Applications did seem to last long time(stayed on bait well)

Gulp - What's in that juice??? Smells sour...Bags are messy...Juice leaked
I see they sell it in buckets now...That should help

UniButter caught the Jackpot bass... ProCure had a larger % of legal fish

Fished almost 4 hours and called it a night

sullyfish

sonarbp
07-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Great fishing with you again sully.....had a good time until I made the offering to the fish gods!!! :twisted:

I plan on trying out the new shorty rod I got soon....I will let you know when.

sonarbp

Theedanimal
07-30-2007, 12:08 PM
nice report. I have to get a tube so I can go out at night with you guys. Sounds like that is the best time..

JohnG
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Gulp - What's in that juice??? Smells sour...Bags are messy...Juice leaked
I see they sell it in buckets now...That should help
sullyfish

Word of caution. The Gulp Buckets leak. I had mine in a backpack. Thank God it was in a ziploc bag. Gulp tends to smell like dead animal after a bit.

Nice comparative post on the Butter. I hope to try some soon.

Sea Murda
07-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the report
Are you guys gonna test the unibutter vs smelly jelly?

sullyfish
07-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Yeah Bryan made a offering to the bay....Hope you made the fish gods happy...It was a nice little combo you gave them...:wink:

ps - CAUTION!!! using ANY scent on your baits may(most likely will) make your hands slippery during the course of the day/night.

Be careful with your equipment...

Yes, Smelly Jelly is on the to do list...Right after the Hot Sauce test.

bluefin2na
07-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time out and trying UNIGOOP products. Like I said, no matter what the outcome, please just post the truth for as owner of this small company thats all i ask for.

Yeah, i got a few things that I could do in order to make it softer, but that would mean adding more chemicals to it and I,m not going there.

thanks again Sully, and keep going with the testing

Tommy Gomes
Inventor UNIGOOP products

LBCBaller
07-30-2007, 10:28 PM
Those results are hard to ignore. I'm not a big fan of using gels and stuff on my plastics, but I'm thinking of getting me some from performance tackle up the street. I just got some waders this weekend, just need some fins, my bodyboarding fins aren't big enough, lol. Probably hit up Newport Sunday morning.