PDA

View Full Version : Flahead Fever 3. Palo Verde April 16-17

bluehunter
01-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Its time to start planning and getting ready for the first tournament of the year yall - Flathead fever part 3 - Palo Verde. This is going to be an outstanding event and we at WCCM looks forward to seeing you there. Like all of our events this will be a Flathead and channel catfish tournament in which we will fish for 24hrs Saturday 8am - Sunday 8am in a friendly competition for heaviest single fish in each category. Break down of categories will go like this.

Tournament fee = 35 dollars

$20 going to flathead division
$10 going to channel division
$5 going towards club costs and fees.

Flatheads

1st place = 50% total deposit
2nd place = 35% total deposit
3rd place = 15% total deposit

Channels

100% Winner takes all of total deposit - Single biggest channel.

We will meet in Palo Verde for this event. Same location as previous events in Palo Verde at Cibola refugee camp area behind Oxbow on the California side of the border off hyw78.

1. Anglers can fish boat and shore for this event. Palo Verde canal, Main River, Drain ditch or tubes for this event.
2. Fish must be caught fresh and not overly stiff or from before event started.
3. Anglers must register prior to event starting and sign in day of event before fish is allowed in event.
4. All DFG rules must be followed - license, poles allowed, allowed bait, limit, lawful means of fishing.
5. Only one fish counts per category - no sharing of fish.
6. Fish must be brought in prior to 8am deadline Sunday morning. Arrive by 745am.
7. Anyone caught cheating will not qualify in event.
8. Have fun everyone and enjoy.

CPR is emphasized but not required. For those of you wanting to release your catch do so after the event and keep fish in livewell that is conducive to fish surviving - air pumps - size appropriate. Also release fish back into place of origin - main river, canal, ditch. This allows for parasites and e.t.c not being passed from one water to another - plus its the law.

Tournament fish is also allowed in flat watch 2011 - Angler must sign and register for flat watch 2011 before fish is allowed in year long contest. See details here. viewtopic.php?f=138&t=1670

This is going to be a grand ole time everyone and I look forward to seeing you all there. Any questions leading up to event feel free to ask and we will clear them up for you. Any interested sponsors please contact before event. All sponsors of event will be listed and noted in event. Lets have fun yall.

Please see prior Flathead fever event videos here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bluehunter1 ... I7yhJoL09I

http://www.youtube.com/user/bluehunter1 ... fcL1BYveo0

Also facebook members for weekly tips and catfishing advise like us at

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/WCCM-Catfishing/147439101935372

April 16-17, 2011

All interested participants please add your name. Include those fishing with you as well.

1. bluehunter+1
2. Kotka-man+1
3. ryan7878
4. team760+1
5. katnip+2
6. Coachella Amigos +2
7. River Donkey
8.Angeltheseaguy+1
9. Smken59
10. Dshotter
11. Katfish J +1
12. Desertcatrat +1
13. Darrian.
14. Big Daddy Kane
15. Earl

bluehunter
03-29-2011, 07:48 AM
1. bluehunter+1
2. Kotka-man+1
3. ryan7878
4. team760+1
5. katnip+2
6. Coachella Amigos +2
7. River Donkey
8.Angeltheseaguy+1
9. Smken59
10. Dshotter
11. Katfish J +1
12. Desertcatrat +1
13. Darrian.
14. Big Daddy Kane
15. Earl
16. Catmando

CATATONIC
03-30-2011, 01:40 PM
hay bluehunter my name is robert and i live in desert hot springs, iv been watching your posts for a wile now and im looking to start cat fishing for flatheads. so im wondering if u could give me some advice and directions to an ok spot to try!!!

bluehunter
03-30-2011, 03:23 PM
hay bluehunter my name is robert and i live in desert hot springs, iv been watching your posts for a wile now and im looking to start cat fishing for flatheads. so im wondering if u could give me some advice and directions to an ok spot to try!!!

Robert we have lots of info depending on where you are looking to go be it Imperial valley or the river and either bank or boat fishing. Let me know which one is your ambition and we can give u some details and such. pm or email me at bluehunter1100@yahoo.com.

Bigeasy
03-30-2011, 04:23 PM
Would love to come! Been trying to get down there for the past 3 years! :LOL:

bluehunter
04-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Flatheads up to the mid 20's have been caught lately. Some bigger have been lost. A few weeks away everyone. Look forward to seeing you there.

B

bluehunter
04-02-2011, 03:00 PM
Flathead Fever promo vid here. I am getting excited about the event in a few weeks. Look forward to seeing everyone there.

PS. Flatmasters 5 coming this coming June to Blythe. Details to follow soon.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bluehunter1100#p/u/1/1vTOIc4BV8A

bluehunter
04-21-2011, 09:37 AM
We at WCCM would like to thank everyone for showing up at the event. All and all we had 23 people at the event, and we had a blast as we always do. Special thanks goes out to Todd for helping to facilitate the event. Thanks to all of the participants for being so friendly and helpful as they always are. So many people to name I will just thank everyone as a whole, including the new members that showed up for the first time to our event.

Well Flathead Fever 3 is in the books and our annual meeting in Palo Verde was another one to remember. During the actual event the competition was tough for some as it seemed like the bite was not wide spread on the canal. The south end had it few spots as well as the north. But those that were lucky enough to get on some holding areas seemed to have consistant runs thru the night. Other had only a few runs. The size of the flats were on the smaller side this time around with 5-7 pounds being the common size of the flats weighed in. Friday night did produce a 28 pound flat for Morgan and Sunday produced a 25 pounder for Shuster. Both outside of tournament hours. Some nice size flats dropped hooks, snap lines, or buried themselves in the jungle of snags, trees, and bushes along the canal. Water temp was in the 72-74 degree range up and down the canal and the spawn will soon be on the way if not already happening with some of the flats in the water. Main River water temp is on the cooler side for now. The channel cat bite was good for a lot of anglers using cut carp, mackerel, stinkbait, or shrimp. Some had a wide open bite on the channels up to almost 5 pounds. Bigger ones again was caught after event hours by True Blue - Deandre - that went to an irrigation canal and got a 6 pounder. Another 7 pounder did not make it in for weigh in time but was indeed caught during tournament hrs. Also mention goes to DCR who got a 10.25 pound flat and another one around 12.4 - both which would have taken first place, but he missed weigh in time. Nevertheless it was a good catch for him in that regard.

The following is a rundown of the catches weighed in and the anglers in each category.

Flatheads:

1. Chad - 7.56 1st place
2. Bluehunter 6.15 2nd place
3. Eric 6.08 3rd place
4. Shuster 5.35
5. Morgan 4.56
6. Earl 3.96
7. Julie 2.93

Channels:

1. Kurt 4.65 winner took all
2. Max 4.23
3. Eric 3.76
4. Julie 2.49

The event was a success and we look forward to seeing everyone at next years Fever event again in April. Stay tuned for the next event to happen in the Imperial valley on May 14-15. Its going to be another dandy and some big flatheads on hand like it normally is. Pictures and video to soon follow for Flathead Fever 3. Honarable mention goes to SCCA for bridging the gap Sunday morning after the event and engaging in solid conversation. We are looking to have a club vs club event soon so stay tune for details to follow regarding that one. Everyone is invited for that showdown as we engage in a friendly event and solidarity. Peaces to all and talk to you soon.

B

pics and video coming soon.

fishprince
04-21-2011, 12:42 PM
Excellant post Brian !! Good job on your event and continued success in the future. I dropped you an email already at your personal email address to set up that tournament. The fellas are ready as well. So lets do it. We have a had alot of positive feed back on the BOC as well. So like I said to you at the river "Let's make this thing POP". The staff look forward to the networking. Let us know if there is anything we can do. Keith

On a side note. We will throw in some gifts as well to be raffled off at that inter club event.

bluehunter
04-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Sounds good Keith. Talk to ya soon.

Thanks

B

bluehunter
04-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Here are the videos, Broken down into 2 parts 1 and 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-YYg8hlq-o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfccO4U-mMQ