PDA

View Full Version : First time on in about 2 years!! What new? What biting and where?

Mordoff
01-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, I havent been on here for about two years. Havent done a whole lot of fishing for the past few years either but I want to start again. I still need to get a license but I wanted to head down to Newport this weekend to see what was going on. I know I can't fish the bay without a license but I still think I can fish the pier since it is an ocean facing dock, am I correct? Also, I wanted to try some surf perch fishing. Anyways, just wanted to see whats biting and where the hot spots are. Its good to be back. Thanks.

Ifishtoolittle
01-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Haven't been on here in two years? As a lurker you mean? LOL. Well since this is your first post welcome and because it's your first report it's very likely that most people will hand out info to you on their hot spots and what's been biting. If you're going to fish piers I say try for perch, and yeah perch because that's probably the only thing you can get from a pier this time of year.

Mordoff
01-05-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh ok, thanks. Yeah I dont have any posts on this account because this is my second account. I had one before this one but I cant remember the username haha. When do the halibut start biting again? I'd like to try and bag a couple this year if I can. Ive caught a few in the bay but no keepers yet. I got a new smoker for christmas so I'm hoping I can catch some fresh fish to smoke.

Ifishtoolittle
01-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Can't help you on Halibut never even caught one myself.

Mordoff
01-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Oh ok thanks anyways. Oh and one more questions. Do I need a license for fishing the surf?

Sublime-Steve
01-05-2011, 10:20 PM
use lucky craft jerk baits for butt's :-) wing nut knows.. and yes.. you need a license and an ocean enhancement stamp to fish surf

Mordoff
01-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Ah man. How much do those run?

Cadillyak
01-06-2011, 01:46 AM
License- $44ish
Ocean Stamp-$5ish

DockRat
01-06-2011, 06:33 AM
use lucky craft jerk baits for butt's :-) wing nut knows.. and yes.. you need a license and an ocean enhancement stamp to fish surf

The guy is worried about the cost of a fishing license and your telling him to buy LCs :ROFL:

Fish live bait when on a buget (that's old school) Live Smelt.
Penn 500 when on a buget like this poor underprivileged girl below.
That's what you call, ' Riding the Rail ' .

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/uu9/cushdog/offshore.jpg

DR

Mordoff
01-06-2011, 10:30 AM
Haha yeah, unfortunately I am tight on money right now. I dont have a job and Im trying to pay for college but I think Ill be able to get my fishing license today. I can go get one at Big 5 right? And I'll be able to use it right away? I want to stop by the Anglers Center before I head out to pick up some of those Berkley Gulp sand worm plastics. I used those a few times before and caught tons of surf perch on them.

Ifishtoolittle
01-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Haha yeah, unfortunately I am tight on money right now. I dont have a job and Im trying to pay for college but I think Ill be able to get my fishing license today. I can go get one at Big 5 right? And I'll be able to use it right away? I want to stop by the Anglers Center before I head out to pick up some of those Berkley Gulp sand worm plastics. I used those a few times before and caught tons of surf perch on them.

Yeah you can get it at Big 5 and fish once you have the license in hand just be careful with it since this year the licenses are so thin they're practically receipts.