PDA

View Full Version : Could I be the first one to catch a DD for 2011 to beat Yolo?

HaiTheMeister
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Went out with KPN last night. It was cold but clear sky & no wind, beautiful night. We went with our ususal route.
1st spot....nothing
2nd...nothing
3rd...4th..nothing.
5th spot....I hooked up..muscled the fish to shore and when I saw the fish in the water I immediately thought to myself "YEAH!! my first DD for this year".
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=27797
Lengthy fish, ain't it?
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=27799
She topped out at 31" and weighed 9.5 lbs. Not a double D but I'm very happy. What a great way to start the new year!
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/attachment.php?attachmentid=27798

so to sum up...no I didn't beat Yolo. :LOL:

Double A
01-05-2011, 05:54 PM
might not be the DD you were after

but, still a VERY nice feesh

just assuming that Kahn wore a stripe ?

yolo
01-05-2011, 06:00 PM
Way to go. My fish from Monday might have been DD but I defaulted to just under 10. Once you get on em they will keep coming more regularly. I can't explain why, they just do. Did it have stomach contents and/or egg or milt sack? If it was full it would have tipped the scale over 10. Good to see some other AV reports too.

You can go back and get some more because I have not fished since Monday's catch and am going out of town tomorrow morning until Sunday. Duct is all yours man! Just leave some for me when I get back.

cutbait
01-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Nice work Hai..

First DD striper of the year on FNN duct page

So for the new year your in the lead.. well tied with Yolo at 1 and you have the biggest..

How about us duct regulars keep count on number totals and years biggest on our signatures? Would certainly keep the reports high on the board!

Bassnman Mike
01-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Great job! I'm going to head down later this week, Thursday or Friday and see if I can get a DD.

yolo
01-05-2011, 07:16 PM
Good luck and I hope you get one or more for that matter. I am out of town from Thurs. to Sun. so you will have to go without me. Maybe that will be the ticket finally? :)

Bassnman Mike
01-05-2011, 07:22 PM
Good luck and I hope you get one or more for that matter. I am out of town from Thurs. to Sun. so you will have to go without me. Maybe that will be the ticket finally? :)

Hmm, O wonder if your my bad luck charm..................... BWHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Just kidding. Have fun at the river

yolo
01-05-2011, 07:39 PM
Last time I sent you out solo you hooked up right away at the place I sent you to so who knows?

Airona124
01-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Nice fish you have there!!!

koifish
01-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Hai
Nice catch.

trail blazer
01-05-2011, 08:58 PM
GREAT JOB on kicking that stripers but!

YOUDAMANNNNNN

TB

M@M
01-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Great way to start off the year!! Nice fish!

fishinone
01-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Nice catch Hai!

It sounds like you still could get a DD first.

Better get busy.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
congrats on the sweet Feesh Hai....

Way ta roll in the new year : )

BUT...whats up with that hardcore salt stick ?

Guess I shouldn't poke fun...it DID land 'em for you....still gotta...you know me ? what happened to that Carrot stick ?

Nice job..

Salute !
Gary

HaiTheMeister
01-06-2011, 09:13 PM
might not be the DD you were after

but, still a VERY nice feesh

just assuming that Kahn wore a stripe ?
LOL

Way to go. My fish from Monday might have been DD but I defaulted to just under 10. Once you get on em they will keep coming more regularly. I can't explain why, they just do. Did it have stomach contents and/or egg or milt sack? If it was full it would have tipped the scale over 10. Good to see some other AV reports too.

You can go back and get some more because I have not fished since Monday's catch and am going out of town tomorrow morning until Sunday. Duct is all yours man! Just leave some for me when I get back.

Thanks! I was only kidding. I know better not to compete with duct Yoda!
Stomach content was empty and no egg sacks!

Nice work Hai..

First DD striper of the year on FNN duct page

So for the new year your in the lead.. well tied with Yolo at 1 and you have the biggest..

How about us duct regulars keep count on number totals and years biggest on our signatures? Would certainly keep the reports high on the board!

Thanks CB! my fish looked big but it was really skinny.

Great job! I'm going to head down later this week, Thursday or Friday and see if I can get a DD.
Good luck man! it will be so worth it. it took me 1 & half years to get my first DD.

Nice fish you have there!!!
Thanks!

Hai
Nice catch.
Thanks Koi!

GREAT JOB on kicking that stripers but!

YOUDAMANNNNNN

TB

Thanks TB! AV has been good to me. We drove to Bako a lot last year cuz it sucked down here.

Great way to start off the year!! Nice fish!
Thanks man! the payoff is great!

Nice catch Hai!

It sounds like you still could get a DD first.

Better get busy.

Thanks Ron! I wish I live near the duct.

congrats on the sweet Feesh Hai....

Way ta roll in the new year : )

BUT...whats up with that hardcore salt stick ?

Guess I shouldn't poke fun...it DID land 'em for you....still gotta...you know me ? what happened to that Carrot stick ?

Nice job..

Salute !
Gary

LOL. I've been waiting for someone to make a comment about that.
I still use my carrot stick but I've had a nightmare when i lost a fish due to Insufficient power so everytime I go to that spot i brought it out and resulted with 2 fish landed 13.5 lbs & now 9.5 lbs. Arms hurt everytime cuz it so heavy! LOL.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-07-2011, 09:12 AM
LOL

LOL. I've been waiting for someone to make a comment about that.
I still use my carrot stick but I've had a nightmare when i lost a fish due to Insufficient power so everytime I go to that spot i brought it out and resulted with 2 fish landed 13.5 lbs & now 9.5 lbs. Arms hurt everytime cuz it so heavy! LOL.

Ahhhh...I sorta told ya bout those carrot sticks in the beginning.....

Get ya a crucial and it'll do ya justice...and not so taxing on U as U fish....that big ol' tuna stick must be real cumbersome to fish with and tires you out...

But again....getting the job done buddy...

congrats again !
Gary

huukup12
01-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Congrat Hai...
Ya brought out the big stick instead of the carrot stick huh...
I hope the one i got from Khanh will do the job...
thx, j