PDA

View Full Version : MLK weekend question

Gil-t
01-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I have never fished the Vine, but after seeing all the pictures, I have to. I was thinking about arriveing Sunday and staying through Monday (MLK Day). Will there be camping available? Will I be able to rent a boat?

TaperSteve
01-05-2011, 10:11 AM
You might want to call and reserve ahead of time the camping is likely to sell-out for that weekend. Ill be there all 3 days in my 12ft camo coloured aluminum boat. Stop by and say hi if you see me! Good luck and welcome to FNN!!!

TS

Surfer
01-05-2011, 11:05 AM
What time does the line usually start forming on the first day? Do we pay entrance fees on that day or should we call and reserve?

TaperSteve
01-05-2011, 11:15 AM
Usually people start lining up the day/night before I being one of them many times. I will likely be camping the line Friday night and BBQing with some friends. The lake opens their pedestrian gate around 5:30am so people can go to the tackle shop and rent their boats and what not. They also have a cafe with really good food. The main gates open at 6am and you purchase your fishing pass(es) at the gate when you drive in. If you arrive later in the day when there is no longer a line usually you just go into the tackle shop and pay for your fishing pass. As far as reserving goes i'd just advise reserving a camping spot ahead of time if you plan on camping inside the lake.

Should be a really fun weekend! Hope to see you all there!!!:Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana::Dancing Banana:

TS

Gil-t
01-05-2011, 11:22 AM
I just called the Tackle Shop. The lake is so high, they are not taking reservations for camping MLK weekend.

vineline
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Good evening Mr. Gil-T

We are taking reservations for the Mlk tournament.
We have about 15 sites available in Woody's Cove. If you are the gentleman that called the tackle shop today the person answering the phone thought you wanted reservations for the WON tournament which is in April. The tackle shop employee also said he mentioned that camping is available weather permitting.
According to the weather reports it should be a beautiful weekend.

I hope this clarifies your question.

Hope to see you this weekend.
Vineline