PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Save Phace mask, cold weather bibs, rain boots cold weather gear

MAVERICK27
01-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Hey guys/gals,
I need some super cold, can fish in the snow and freezing water gear. I have cold weather gear but not like this. I need:

Save Phace mask
Waterproof boots
Bib/Pants
Super cold gortex upper jacket
Cold weather gloves

PM me with what you have

I need them by Thursday night, I leave early for Lake Shasta Friday at o' dark thirty

Thanks!!

Pete Marino
01-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Are you fishing the WON ProAm there this weekend or the FLW Pro event there the following weekend?
If so good luck...

I just bought the BassProShops 100mph bibs and jacket and the UnderArmor Base Layer 3.0. Ill be there next week for the FLW event... Its gonna be cold...but not with the gear I mentioned...Thats what Id recommend.

Pete

MAVERICK27
01-04-2011, 04:45 PM
I'm doing the WON Pro/Am. I have cold gear, but not cold, wet, freezing and 50+mph runs for miles at a time gear haha.

I looked at that exact gear. Looks awesome, but will crush a budget for sure! Thanks for the input Pete! Will you be there practicing while were competeing then?

HEMAN
01-04-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm doing the WON Pro/Am. I have cold gear, but not cold, wet, freezing and 50+mph runs for miles at a time gear haha.

I looked at that exact gear. Looks awesome, but will crush a budget for sure! Thanks for the input Pete! Will you be there practicing while were competeing then?

good luck!

Pete Marino
01-04-2011, 04:52 PM
No, Im leaving Sunday and Ill be prefishing Monday Tuesday and Wednesday...Then the tournament is Thursday and Friday...

That gear is expensive...like $475 for the bibs and Jacket and $70 each for the UnderArmor pants and shirt..$70 for a SaveFace Mask and Seal skin Socks $40..BUT its well worth the money because shivering sucks when your trying to fish... Its the best inverstment Ive made in a while....
Dont forget to go to Walmart and buy some hand warmers too they are GREAT!!

you will only regret it if you dont do it...

good luck

Pete

MAVERICK27
01-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Thanks Heman! I'll give it 100%

Pete you are so right. I need to concentrate on the task at hand and not how cold it is. I have enough stacked against me as it is, being my first Pro/Am.

Time to sell the kids, Daddy needs new gear LOL

Also, i'll PM you my number. Maybe my pros will figure some things out that I can pass on AFTER our tourney of course.

Troutman65
01-04-2011, 06:06 PM
That gear is expensive...like $475 for the bibs and Jacket and $70 each for the UnderArmor pants and shirt..$70 for a SaveFace Mask and Seal skin Socks $40..BUT its well worth the money because shivering sucks when your trying to fish... Its the best inverstment Ive made in a while....

I am with Pete on this one. That gear sure looks like it will keep you warm, dry ,& in the game fishing. Charge it .It's the American way . Good Luck Chris !!

WARRIORMIKE
01-04-2011, 07:14 PM
I would say get some inexpensive rain gear to at least keep you dry. Then buy the UnderArmor with it. I would go with Pete and invest in the hand warmer, for only a couple of bucks worth the money. I have to tell you though I own the 100mph suit and it does work. One of the better investments I made towards fishing.

Or you can be gung ho about it and fish in a pair of shorts and flip flops!!

Thisfool
01-04-2011, 08:16 PM
your going to kill it up there mav just don't make the other anglers feel bad about them self's

BRING IT
01-04-2011, 08:37 PM
good luck buddy, put that game face on! just BRING IT:Guns:

WARRIORMIKE
01-05-2011, 06:48 AM
Oh yea I forgot to mention, when I used to fish tournys at Mead, I saw someone wear a motorcycle helmet one time. At first it seemed silly, but when I got my hands on one that a friend let me borrow, it was awesome. Best defense against the cold and winds at 60 mph.

Buy UnderArmor!!

MAVERICK27
01-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Amen Mike...I had a nice Arai, but just recently sold it :( those work great!!

MAVERICK27
01-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Thanks Trav and Scott! I'll give it my best. I guess that's as good as you can do! Looks like i've got a heavy jacket, under armour and Frogg Toggs to put over it if it rains. I hope that works enough to concentrate on the task at hand...The Fishing :)