PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going out friday

goodguy
01-04-2011, 10:12 AM
Anyone else going? I took the day off and was thinking of heading up to the vine by like 9 and fish for 4-5 hours. Hopefully things will pick up by then...

Surfer
01-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Yup I'll be there Friday when the gates open.

goodguy
01-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Nice, I'll be in a rental boat with a kings hat on... I hope the water clears up a bit and the bite picks up.

luckyjr21
01-04-2011, 01:53 PM
round up a couple of guys and we can share a pantoon.

goodguy
01-04-2011, 02:20 PM
That's a great idea unfortunately my schedule is going to be to up and down to comit to a group... But I should be out there eventually..

luckyjr21
01-04-2011, 02:59 PM
we should try to put it together for later in the month when the water really clears up.

goodguy
01-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Is it just me or is Irvine missing a big opportunity to draw in a bigger growd by not stocking this week. This is supposed to be the first weekend in a while with no rain or major holiday attached to it. And to not stock??? Don't get me wrong I know there are still a lot of fish in there. And I'm likely going there either way... But from a pure marketing standpoint wouldn't they get a bigger reaction if they stocked this week?

Steve Carson
01-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Is it just me or is Irvine missing a big opportunity to draw in a bigger growd by not stocking this week. This is supposed to be the first weekend in a while with no rain or major holiday attached to it. And to not stock??? Don't get me wrong I know there are still a lot of fish in there. And I'm likely going there either way... But from a pure marketing standpoint wouldn't they get a bigger reaction if they stocked this week?

Barring another major weather event, there will be a "standard" stocking this week.
The truck driver's safety and health of the fish is the first priority.
Only the giant fish have been delayed.

goodguy
01-05-2011, 01:16 PM
Good to know, I guess I spoke too soon... I just haven't seen it advertised or posted anywhere so I figured they weren't.

Josh
01-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Barring another major weather event, there will be a "standard" stocking this week.
The truck driver's safety and health of the fish is the first priority.
Only the giant fish have been delayed.

would have been doubly tragic to hear of an overturned big rig dumping a load of very large trout while travelling in bad weather through the grapevine or cajon pass.

Trout Doctor
01-06-2011, 01:30 AM
would have been doubly tragic to hear of an overturned big rig dumping a load of very large trout while travelling in bad weather through the grapevine or cajon pass.

"Yes, and with traffic backing up on I-5 things are getting....... wait a minute.... is that... there's a guy with a fishing pole standing in the middle of I-5!! He's.... wait a minute.... Yes! He's pulled out a lawn chair and a six pack of beer!! Is... is that orange power bait!? This is absurd! Garlic has been the hot ticket all season! Let's open this one up to callers. You tell me America: Orange, Garlic, or good old fashioned nightcrawlers? Fishing's WFO on the I-5 tonight! And can you believe it!? Coors Light! I'm appalled!

fishwish
01-06-2011, 02:52 AM
I'll be there Friday too. Blue float tube.