PDA

View Full Version : Lost FLY box at pyramid 12/31/10

numbnuts
01-03-2011, 09:51 PM
A long shot but i figured it wouldn't hurt to post here. I was in line at Pyrmaid on 12/31/10. Go out to set up my fly rod while waiting for the gate to open. After rigging up it left the fly box in back of the boat and went back to truck to wait for the gate to open. Well the gate never opened (lake closed on 12/31/10 :Rolls Eyes:). Anyway long story short i decided to go to castaic, I made a uturn by the gate and went back up the road. I'm thinking during the turn my fly box fell from the boat. After driving for 4-5 miles i realized that i left the box in the boat. Turned around at the next exit and went back but didn't find the box, everyone else in line was gone by that time as well. The following day went back to see if it fell in the freeway by the on ramp but didn't see anything.

It was a big blue box (kind of looks like a hand gun case) with neon/yellow foam. I had tied a bunch of flies the night before.

Anyway if anyone happened to see it or pick it up please let me know.....

thanks

Deren

Boldfin
01-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Bummer... I lost a box of irreplaceable lures and flies not long ago. Now you have an excuse to tie more. I'm sure Unskunkable Dave will give you a deal on a new Cliffs box, or one of those SeaLevel ones.

We were out on Castaic on Saturday morning. I got a largie and a striper. Dave got a striper. Off the water by 10am. At least the skunk is off for the year.

TroutOnly
01-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Man i really like that box full of flies i found at the intersection of the lake road and fwy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,jk,,,,,,,,,lol,,,,, ,,sorry deren ,,,,,,too bad about youre box,,,,,,,,

numbnuts
01-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Rob, Yeah it was one of those SeaLevel ones, i got to talk to Dave for a new one...I went to castaic after and was able to get one schoolie on a clouser, slow for me. I was metering fish down to 60-70ft.

TO,
I know that wasnt my fly box cause i walked that intersection twice to see if i can find it....just a bunch trash...seems most ppl dont know what a trash can is.
You been going up north Bob?

hnscaddis
02-03-2011, 11:32 AM
Sorry......... probably every fly fisherman as lost a box of flies at one time or another. I lost a full box, probably 75 flies on a creek in Idaho. I also left a fly rod laying up against a tree at Priu creek 10 years ago. But the worse thing I lost. $1,000.00 in cash. MY atm card quit working just before I was headed to Idaho's Snake river so I got cash, put it in a waterproof container and set off for Idaho. Well, it was hot the first day we got there so I waded wet, and yep, you guessed it, it floated right out of my pocket (I think) cause it was gone when I got back to my car. It still hurts.............
Dummy