PDA

View Full Version : lake perris bass fishing 1-1-11 late report.

MagicWorm
01-03-2011, 12:13 AM
so me and my buddy decided to hit up lake perris on the 1st. neither one of us have ever fished it and it was out 1st time ever bass fishing so had no idea what to expect. we planned on leavin at 7:30am but got a late start not gonna lie was a bit hung over.... got in at 3:30am and left at 8am for the lake. plus it gave me a chance to try my new bps combo carbonlite ml rod woth the pfleuger supreme xt.

the bait of choice was plastics... roboworms and garlic flavored chomper worms drop shotting them. we arrived at the lake was empty and windy. ugh hate fishing in the wind but thought what the hell were already here. went to the marina there was people fishin on the docks but we weren't sure how to get there so we went over to the dam. stayed at the dam in the corner for 30min were some tubers out there too. no luck for us so we got this bright idea to walk to the other side..... wtf that a long *** walk across the dam. we found our spot prob like a hr later when we got to the other side... fished a few spots no luck - then bam fish on. was using a 4" roboworm crawdad color fx green with brown bottom. the bass was around 2-3lber not bad for my first bass!:) reel and rod worked better than i expected was very impressed..... :)

15min later my body got hooked up good. rods doin a bendo and you could tell that fish was gonna be big. he was fighting really good my buddys havin a blast.... he finally got it in took him bout 5 min to get him in and netted. man that thing was big at least to us....lol 5lber for his first bass too. needless to say we are both hooked :) he was using a 4" arrons magic roboworm.

another 20min later i got hit again this time on a purple drop shot chompers worm with garlic scent.... fish was a lil under 2lbs but put up a hell of a fight. all in all for our first time bass fishing think we did pretty good:)

what a great way to start off the new year :) can not wait to put more time out on the water. wanted to go tomorrow but it's snowing like crazy up here in hesperia right now!!!!

tight lines...
joshua

BassHunter1979
01-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Nice report.....try those same techniques at Silverwood.........a little closer to home for you as well.

MagicWorm
01-03-2011, 12:32 AM
will do can't wait. sorry no pics have to fig out how to get em off my cell phone. honestly did not think of bringing camera cause i didn't think we were gonna catch anything....

tight lines
joshua

fishntime
01-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Great report buddy, now that your officially hooked you will never give it up.... Fish On!!!

Sublime-Steve
01-03-2011, 03:24 AM
Where @ on the dam? has 3 dudes out there the other day usng the same colors n scents and not 1 bite.. The marina is quite a drive down and the launch ramp is the first entrance before the marina, good fishing by the boat launch thats where they stock trout

MagicWorm
01-03-2011, 08:20 AM
way on the other side by the pump....

tight lines....
joshua

ghetto dad
01-03-2011, 10:15 AM
nice job brother...congrats!! now all you need is PICS!!! lol.....

bassgrabber1
01-03-2011, 11:39 AM
E-mail the pics to yourself them save them and upload....nice job by the way.

Pete Marino
01-03-2011, 04:39 PM
Thats not a bad way to start the year... Fishing in the last week at perris has been weird because the weather BUT it will get better... I fished a fun tournament (no money involved) at perris on Sunday the had about 10-12 people in it and My bro who was in my boat won the event with 3 bass, I had one bass and got 3rd and one other guy had one bass and he got 2nd...nobody else caught a bass....6 boats total 5 TOTAL bass caught and my boat had 4 of them lol, one other boat had 1 bass.. to give you an idea of how tough it was.. BUT like I said, it will get better... it will be good again by this weekend hopefully...

Good job again..

Pete

bassgrabber1
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
It should be really good this weekend with the Spring like conditions.....well in about 25 to 35 feet....lol. Hey Pete..have you ever noticed that Perris stays cold longer than most lakes in the area??? Weird.

I M Hooked
01-03-2011, 05:59 PM
I have a feeling its gonna be a really good year at Perris this year!

old pudd fisher
01-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I have a feeling its gonna be a really good year at Perris this year!

Me to and will be fishing there alot this new year, hunting the big gills.

CPT. Kirk
01-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Great job guys getting a few bass from shore this time of year. I have a carbonlite baitcaster rod and love it. That Aaron Magic Roboworm is one of my favorits. If you get a chance try the Aarons Magic Leech.
Thanks for the report.

MagicWorm
01-03-2011, 08:03 PM
hey guys thanks for all the comments much appreciated!!! we found this deep hole you can get from shore :) love to meet up with sum of you and try i say try to perfect this craft. always fun :) he's a pic of the toad atleast to us that he caught haha.... but we had a ton of fun and im thinkin bout hitting the lake sat or sun or maybe silverwood? would anyone like to join?

tight lines
joshua

bassgrabber1
01-03-2011, 09:13 PM
hey guys thanks for all the comments much appreciated!!! we found this deep hole you can get from shore :) love to meet up with sum of you and try i say try to perfect this craft. always fun :) he's a pic of the toad atleast to us that he caught haha.... but we had a ton of fun and im thinkin bout hitting the lake sat or sun or maybe silverwood? would anyone like to join?

tight lines
joshua

That would be cool. Like I said in another post to you....thursdays and also some weekends we go to Perris.

Newfishsmell
01-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Man thats a marathon walk to the other side of the dam ...
Looks like it payed off , nice work guys.

Flying
01-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Nice job out there guys.

Just to let you know that little spot of yours is about the only place on the lake closed to the public.Its fenced off and marked from the south shore but pretty open from the dam side. I do see people fish in there but rarely ever see any rangers out that far to do anything.

If you ever go out in tubes let me know. I'm kick'n out there all the time.

Pete Marino
01-04-2011, 10:04 AM
Im not sure that Perris stays cold for longer than other lakes.. In fact I think it warms up alot quicker than most... The water temps will actually go down even more in the next couple weeks.. Then towards the end of the month they will progressively get warmeras we get closer to Feb.. ..Then its transition time.

Pete

bassgrabber1
01-04-2011, 11:23 AM
I had noticed that in June of last year that Diamond Valley was in the low 60's as well as skinner and Veil but Perris was still in the high 50's at that time.....Silverwood was colder but that is expected. It was just an observation that my friends and i had. By the way ....I can't wait for transition time!!!!

I M Hooked
01-04-2011, 03:41 PM
Im excited already. Its been almost a month since I been out. Great way to pull one out of the hat man!

MagicWorm
01-05-2011, 10:48 AM
ok guys please tell.... whats transition time????? :)

would u guys rather have a reel that would hold 2-4-6lb test and small or one that holds 6-8-10lb test for drop shotting from a boat - tube and shore......

this weekend cant wait to get the line wet :)

joshua

HuskerRod
01-05-2011, 12:48 PM
That is a helluva walk down the damn to that spot. Might try using a bike to cut down on time. However, you guys are troopers and deserved that good catch. I know boats cant fish beyond the buoy in that spot on that side, but a far as shore fishing im not sure. I cant see as if it would hurt anything.

bassgrabber1
01-05-2011, 03:03 PM
ok guys please tell.... whats transition time????? :)

would u guys rather have a reel that would hold 2-4-6lb test and small or one that holds 6-8-10lb test for drop shotting from a boat - tube and shore......

this weekend cant wait to get the line wet :)

joshua

I would use a reel that hold 6-8 lbs test. You will be fishing deeper water and will need that bigger reel.

Transition time is when they start coming in to shallow water so as to spawn. The fish are active at this time and you see them everywhere.

carpanglerdude
01-05-2011, 05:28 PM
Hey, nice report and nice catches. I will be fishing Perris more often this year, you'll see my biking the dam, heh.