Man they fishes are Paltry,

Picked up CTT about a quarter of seven,
Hit up Circle K,
Fugget’about 7 Eleven!
Picked up a hat and a snack,
Then we hit up Jack,
To take care of this hunger attack!
Made plans to end the day at Tommy’s,
If you don’t see the shack take it back.

Launched the tubes out in Newport Bay,
Thought if I saw Kobe I’d say,
Man you got the pay,
Now just play!
At first he made me sick,
So I took some Vicks,
Thought if I saw Kobe, I’d say,
You better thank your lucky starts for Michael Vick
Cuz now you look cool,
Compared to this prick!

Now back to fishin’
I’m finished with my dissin’
And by my own admission,
I came to the Salt
Cuz it’s usually better fishin’

CTT looked like a Saltwater Pro,
Tube, Waders, and Life Vest in Tow,
A Freshwater I Spy, Like Robert Culp,
Armed with fresh Squid,
And Saltwater Gulp!
Kickin Hot Spot Fins
With Squid on the Drop Shottie
Settin’ the hook on a nice size Spottie

Santa Fe cruizin’ in the ODC Ten-Eighteen,
Kickin through the Harbor wit a Gansta Lean,
Tossin’ AA Grubs in Gold and Green,
Mike Gardner style if you know what I mean,
Lace the grub with Hot Sauce, you know what that’s for,
Cast it at that Spottie that was huggin’ the shore,
He hit it so hard, that’s what I came here for,
Fought so good almost got my arm sore.

Draggin a drop shot squid,
Line taught no arc,
Something hit it yes it did,
A smooth little shark,
This little shark made my day,
And the cool thing about tubin NPH
We didn’t have to pay

So Homey that’s the reason,
For this occasion,
We dudes ain’t commitin’ treason,
With this Freshwater invasion?
Homey that’s the reason
For this occasion,
Santa Fe and Catchthattrout came in peace,
We released all our fish on this saltwater vacation,

Tony will post my pics. I made sure to get pics of him because he usually gets pics of everyone else but himself.

God Bless!
Santa Fe Eric

one_leg
07-30-2007, 02:54 AM
Very nice, Eric. Thnx.

O_L

BBL2Baja
07-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Wow. Very nice report. I didn't think I'd ever see a fishing report that would tie in Kobe Bryant, Tommy's Burger and Robert Culp. Eloquence and crossover fishing skillz all in one package. Nice job! :thumb:

Later,
Scott

xtranzman
07-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Eric, you are the man.. Great read as always...

The only thing wrong with it is,,,,,,, It makes me want you to write more reports.... :P

Nice job guys...

X

Kevthecatfishstudent
07-30-2007, 01:33 PM
Sounds like a okay day Sorry I missed it. Good report as always

Santa Fe Eric
07-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Eric, you are the man.. Great read as always...

The only thing wrong with it is,,,,,,, It makes me want you to write more reports.... :P

Nice job guys...

X

Thanks buddy! All I need is for someone to volunteer to cover a couple of my shifts at work and I'll have more time to fish :P

BTW Things are slow at our Alhambra schools so I won't be getting back your way till September but I still want to have lunch with you.

Thanks Scott and Allan for the props. Check back after Tony posts his pictures of me in the inflatable. If I can float anyone can :thumb:

Kev even though you weren't there I kept hearing your voice when I was only fishing one pole. "E, put that other pole out there and soak something, you might get hit!" It was like I was Rocky and you was Micky. Thanks for being in my corner Dawg-You know I got your back!

E

bullets_full
07-30-2007, 02:16 PM
Nice report as usual Eric. I just got my tube last week but haven't bought all the accesseries yet. My brother's tube should be here any day now. I can't wait to take it out on her maiden voyage.

-BULLETS

rcfb73
07-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Nice job Eric and Tony! Hopefully one of these days ill be able to tube the salt with you guys.

CatchthatTrout
07-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Eric called to talk..........
About tubing the salt

I didn't even balk,
Because I can walk the walk.
(the best I could do) :wink:

It was a beautiful day in the harbor.
We had some good conversation, a few hook-ups, some JP time and I even had a boat drive up and offer me a ice cold beer.

Mr. Santa Fe Eric right after a sucessful launch
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/P7280154-1.JPG
No more then 15 min. pass and Eric has a "hook up" :thumb:
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/resize.JPG
A little while later as I troll the water, it's my turn to catch a spottie.
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/P7280157-1.JPG
Getting ready to pull the spottie up for a photo op and then release
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/P7280158-1.JPG
Eric representing Team 57 with a smooth hound shark
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/P7280160-1.JPG
This guy makes fishing look "GOOD"
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/P7280159-1.JPG
This is what fishing is about....relaxing in your thoughts.
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/P7280162-1.JPG
Fishing was overall slow, but I did see a few of these.........
http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/P7280161-1.JPG

Thanks again Eric for the invite.
It couldn't have been a better day and then ending it with a Mega Combo from Tommy's......YUM.

Baseballer44
07-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Pretty cool addition to the pics. Was waiting for the update to see the truth about the fish in the harbor. Looked like fun. :D

CatchthatTrout
07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Pretty cool addition to the pics. Was waiting for the update to see the truth about the fish in the harbor. Looked like fun. :D

I'm sure the fishing is better and I'm still a bit of a noob on the salt.
It was just a very scenic day with lots of people (bikini girls) on the waters and they all seem to be very nice while asking us "how's fishing?"
Thanks again to the people that gave me a beer toward the end of the day. :wink:

Granny Fish
07-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Great report as usual Eric. Good to see you two out there kickin'.
8) Very cool.

olfishergal
07-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Looks like you two had a really good time out there relaxing on the salt....good to see your report.

one_leg
07-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Those pics bring back many fond memories from when I worked in the harbor.
I used to see tens of thousands of the Moon jellies in NPH.

:idea: You should ask Codybug to go with you guys. ha ha ha.

One_Leg

servant joe
07-31-2007, 07:22 AM
:) :)
Great Job! Tony and Eric.
Just want to ask, how hard is it to play with tubing. You guys are so relaxing outthere.
Take care,
servantjoe :thumb:

Brad100
07-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Thank God for creative people!!! One of the best reports I've read.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/spidey1.JPG

sonarbp
07-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Nice report eric!!!! Yeah fishing has been a little slow in Newport but you beat the skunk!!! NICE JOB!

Whenever you and CatchthatTrout want to fish Newport let me know.....it is one of my favorite places to fish.

sonarbp

CatchthatTrout
07-31-2007, 05:33 PM
:) :)
Great Job! Tony and Eric.
Just want to ask, how hard is it to play with tubing. You guys are so relaxing outthere.
Take care,
servantjoe :thumb:

Very simple Joe. :wink:
You just need the tube, fins, safety gear and your fishing gear.
8)

ritzy
07-31-2007, 07:03 PM
You two guys look like naturals out there in the floats. Nice report and nice pics, good going guys. Let me know when you guys are heading out again. And your right Eric, Tony is always taking the pics.. glad you took some of him...LOL...

ritzy

ghetto dad
07-31-2007, 09:11 PM
nice report and pics guys...hey eric, wtf, i was waving to you from my boat, i wanted you guys to come have cocktails with me, and you just ignored me!!! how rude!! :evil:

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/P7280162-12.JPG

Granny Fish
07-31-2007, 09:32 PM
http://www.fishingnetwork.net/forum1/files/img_0426_640x480_193.jpg

This picture looks like an advertisement on the late night TV. :lol:

Tony - when are we going fishing again?

flyfisher52
07-31-2007, 09:35 PM
Eric, great report as usual. Great photos of both of you. Hey if you give me at least a week notice I would love to float/fish the salt with you guys.

God Bless you and yours

FF52

CatchthatTrout
07-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Tony - when are we going fishing again?

When you're ready Granny....as long as it's not YOU Know Where. :wink:

Eric, great report as usual. Great photos of both of you. Hey if you give me at least a week notice I would love to float/fish the salt with you guys.

God Bless you and yours

FF52

OK Carle......one week from this Sat.
What do you think Eric?
I'm up for NPH again. :wink:

CatchthatTrout
07-31-2007, 09:50 PM
nice report and pics guys...hey eric, wtf, i was waving to you from my boat, i wanted you guys to come have cocktails with me, and you just ignored me!!! how rude!! :evil:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Santa Fe Eric
07-31-2007, 10:20 PM

Absolutely Hilarious :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Gheto Dad if that's your boat then I want some Prime Rib with my cocktails :P

Hey guys let me know what's up for the weekend. I believe that I can get out one day this weekend. The following Saturday I have to play by ear because around that time Mr. & Mrs. Santa Fe will be traveling to the Carribean to clebrate our 7th Anniversary.
Santa Fe will get his groove back :oops:

Santa Fe Eric
07-31-2007, 10:33 PM
Nice report as usual Eric. I just got my tube last week but haven't bought all the accesseries yet. My brother's tube should be here any day now. I can't wait to take it out on her maiden voyage.

-BULLETS

Good Lookin' Out Bullets! I can't wait to tube with you and Kali. You are a real salty I can learn more from you than I do by religiously watching Mike Gardners video.

RCFB73 Let's do this!
Carle! Anytime Bro! Wifey gave me a get out of the house free pass to fish with you :thumb:
Ritzy! I haven't fished with you since January. Gotta Do this!
Granny! Get that Pontoon out and grab something for Mike to Float on! A side car maybe :P
Ol Fishergal-Thanks it was very relaxing.
Baseballer-Come join us!
Brian- I can't wait to fish with you-echo the same comments I made to Bullets and Kalidawgfan for yourself
Brad- Thanks for the Awesome Compliment!

Eric

Granny Fish
08-01-2007, 12:01 AM
Granny! Get that Pontoon out and grab something for Mike to Float on! A side car maybe :P
Eric

:lol: Mike has a float tube, but I don't think I could get him to go into the salt with it. :wink:

flyfisher52
08-01-2007, 07:07 AM
OK Carle......one week from this Sat.
What do you think Eric?
I'm up for NPH again. :wink:

Tony I would love to I have something going on in the evening so would have to make it early and home early. We can work out details later. :D

bullets_full
08-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Good Lookin' Out Bullets! I can't wait to tube with you and Kali. You are a real salty I can learn more from you than I do by religiously watching Mike Gardners video.

Are you kidding me bro???? I'll be taking notes from you and Tony. I'm a virgin at this tubing stuff. I remember and old post with you and Kev killing them after we fish at Irvine.

-BULLETS

sansou
08-04-2007, 02:19 PM
Just caught this thread...

NICE JOB !!!

Looks like you guys have this tubing thing down pat...

See ya'll in a bit at the FNN thing.

Sansou

Hitts0n
08-05-2007, 12:23 PM
Great report guys! But no one can fade me and 0ne_legs combo's from Tommy's ! Great rap also !

one_leg
08-05-2007, 12:55 PM
I wonder what Tony would have done if some really hot Multi-Millionaire Hottie had bounded down to the dock to lay out and catch some rays?

I can just picture him juggling his nearly overflowing demijohn and dropping it down his waders before he could put a cap on it.

:food: = :pee:

One_Leg

PS, Hitts0n, that large chocolate shake was really good. Others have told me that not every Tommy's sells Shakes. :?

Santa Fe Eric
08-06-2007, 09:28 AM
I wonder what Tony would have done if some really hot Multi-Millionaire Hottie had bounded down to the dock to lay out and catch some rays?

I can just picture him juggling his nearly overflowing demijohn and dropping it down his waders before he could put a cap on it.

One_Leg

PS, Hitts0n, that large chocolate shake was really good. Others have told me that not every Tommy's sells Shakes. :?

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Hitts0n
08-06-2007, 08:21 PM
[quote="one_leg":d0706]I wonder what Tony would have done if some really hot Multi-Millionaire Hottie had bounded down to the dock to lay out and catch some rays?

One_Leg

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:[/quote:d0706]

Eric this guy is always talking just to be.........half the stuff he ask me,or say,I be like wtf are you talking about :?:

Santa Fe Eric
08-07-2007, 12:27 AM
LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

one_leg
08-07-2007, 12:48 AM
[quote="one_leg":8220c]I wonder what Tony would have done if some really hot Multi-Millionaire Hottie had bounded down to the dock to lay out and catch some rays?

One_Leg

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Eric this guy is always talking just to be.........half the stuff he ask me,or say,I be like wtf are you talking about :?:[/quote:8220c]

Oh crap, I was just saying those things to see if you were actually listening to me. :oops: I guess you really were!!!!....lol

One_Leg