PDA

View Full Version : Jess ranch 12-31 too

phishin phool
01-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I was gonna just respond to trout daddys great post but figured i needed a little more room. Before the report i need to complain a little about some of the "fisherpeople" i saw yesterday. It seemed like i was fishin at corona or sarl shorelines.
1. Just because you get to a spot before somebody dosent mean you can claim 100 feet of shoreline for you and your friends, i saw one "person" lay one pole down and then lay about 6-8 more poles down about every 10-12 feet. negative on that!
2. How about lettin someone land their fish before you cast over their spot! I had one guy actually cast right over where i was fightin my 1/2 lb lunker like he wanted to catch it too.
3. Just because the guy next to you catches a fish dosent mean you have to move over to about 3-4 feet from him, there are lots of fish in these lakes so chill out.
Now the report, fished both lakes and caught 3 which is better than last weeks skunk, so i was stoked. Caughgt 1 -1 lbr. On garlic p.b., one 1/2 lbr on a orange gulp worm and white egg power mouse and one that went about 1.5 lbs on a green gulp worm with a green egg p.m.
I've seen it better and i've seen it worse, but all in all the usual great jess ranch experience, except for the knuckeheads, and yes i saw some nice fish too, i saw one about 5 and saw one guy weighing one at the office that was just under 8. Peace.

drifter023
01-01-2011, 12:38 PM
That is why I quit fishing the pay lakes most people are cool want to have a good time and get a few fish. But it only takes one or two butt Heads:Argument: to mess it up. To bad because I use to enjoy a lot of the lakes now we just fish from the boat.

Juventino
01-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Yeah that lake pretty nice. I haven never gone on weekends because i hate crowed so fridays is the only days i go and its not to bad. Alot of the older guys which it great because 9/10 there really nice and will tell you some tips other than the folk at other pay lakes.

Jimbow
01-01-2011, 05:28 PM
I've never had a bad experience at Jess this last year. I fish it mainly on weekends and have never had a problem finding a place to wet my lines with 30 feet of empty shoreline to my left or right.. I fished the lakes Friday and there was plenty of emty shoreline to be fished. I've yet to find a spot on either lake that doesn't produce quality fish even though I have my favorite spots. I think the pay lake experience is what you make it.......comeon its pay lake with lots of beginning anglers mixed in with more experienced anglers. Its really nice to be able to catch the beautiful Jess Ranch lake trout that have spectacular colors, all fins & tail full with pink meat! Ive never experienced this at the other pay lakes. I hate catching 5 to 8 pound trout that wiggle in the water like misquito larva because they cannot swim without a tail ; )

jcskim
01-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Ive been wanting to hit jess ranch up for some time now....never been there. How was the wind up in the high desert? All I can say is ive seen my fair share of boneheads out at corona but also some who give common courtesy. Good report.

Trout Daddy
01-02-2011, 09:12 AM
Jess is usually great on a Friday or Sat AM. This past Friday was less than ideal but that is to be expected for a Holiday weekend.

FSHNLIC
01-02-2011, 09:36 AM
Jess is usually a great place to relax, have some fun, and catch some fish..... Unfortunately it just takes a couple of "those guys" to ruin it!!

XMrxSEAUx
01-03-2011, 11:19 AM
it's beautiful up there now:) it's snowing! and the water was crystal when i was there yesterday:)