PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Fishing License

DockRat
01-01-2011, 07:21 AM
:Finger: Sucks :Finger:

All Tackle Shops, Big 5, Sport Landings ect have the New DFG Computers
(that we pay for) :Finger:

If you let the sun hit it it will turn dark in a few hours and be ruined.
This License is very thin.

I read that it can be ruined if left in your wallet on another website.

Don't Buy Online, Unless you want to WAIT for your permanent license in the US Mail
You can still fish with your temp recept though for 15 days, then the temp expires.
If it doesn't come in the mail or comes late after the temp expires
NO FISHING FOR YOU :Angry:

If you buy a Lobster Card online you get a temporary receipt which
IS NOT A LOBSTER CARD YOU HAVE TO WAIT for your card in the mail
UP TO 15 DAYS 'No Lobster for You' :Finger:

ALSO the card is about TWO FEET LONG and you need 10 minutes to fold it back and forth over and over till it fits in your holder then the sun can still ruin it :Finger:

Remember the card must be filled out prior to hoopnetting or diving.
Also must be filled out prior to moving to another area zone.

$43.46 License
$4.89 Ocean Enhancement
$13.53 Second Rod Stamp (freshwater)

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/licensing/ols/intro.html

How will I receive my license?
Annual licenses will be mailed to you. However, at the end of the transaction you will be able to print a temporary document for immediate use until you receive your license. NOTE: The temporary document will become invalid after 15 days.
Report Cards will be mailed to you within 15 days.

If you need a report card for an immediately planned activity, please go to an Authorized License Agent for the entire purchase.

Short-Term license documents will NOT be mailed to you. You will be responsible for printing your Short-Term or Temporary License Document at the time of purchase. A working printer is required to view and print your license(s).
Please allow fifteen (15) days for delivery of Annual License.

Make a MISTAKE :Beat Stick:

There are no voids or refunds. :Finger:

SINCE 'YOU' PAID FOR THE COMPUTERS AT THE RETAILERS
YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO AND CHECK IT OUT AND GET YOUR LICENSE IN PERSON.

Get your Info Correct and License in hand.

Good Luck in 2011
DR

DockRat
01-01-2011, 07:23 AM
STILL UNABLE TO POST UP ON SW GENERAL DISCUSSION ???
Kicks me back to Log in every time ?
DR

murrieta angler
01-01-2011, 07:46 AM
I got mine yesterday.
It only took 2 trips and about an hour and a half to get it.....Nuts!
The only good thing is it's supposed to be waterproof.
Also, since you don't have to have to have it in plain view, it doesn't matter about the direct sunlight thing.
Have A Wonderful New Year,
Robert
<><

DockRat
01-01-2011, 08:18 AM
Also, since you don't have to have to have it in plain view, it doesn't matter about the direct sunlight thing.
Have A Wonderful New Year,
Robert
<><

Happy New Year Robert !

The whole Sunlight thing 'Really Sucks'.

It's like having a Albino Monkey to Protect from the sun.
http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z129/hell_freaks_photos/albino.jpg
Come on, get out of the sun !

Worked at a Plastic printing factory in 1984 and the started useing UV ink and UV lamps
to help dry the ink and speed up the printing presses. That was in 1984

Now it's 2011 and UV Sunlight will ruin your license :ROFL:

What a joke !

WARNING !
Do Not leave it on your dashboard :ROFL:
Do Not pull it out for DFG or it will be ruined :ROFL:
Do Not wear it around your neck :ROFL: (ever go surf fishing in trunks on a hot day ?)
Do Not fish at a Nude Beach :ROFL:

I know one place you can stick it up in where the sun won't ruin it :ROFL:
DR :Angry:

Newfishsmell
01-01-2011, 08:23 AM
just printed mine out $61.88
now lets hope i see it in the snail mail soon !!

Sublime-Steve
01-01-2011, 09:15 AM
Lets hope this is the only bad thing about this year.... looks like more ninja fishing for me... see a trend?

Love to Fish
01-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Not only will sun affect it, but so will heat. So don't leave it in your car when the weather warms up. :(

JapanRon
01-01-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi DockRat,

I've got the kicker in an aside in my next report !! License 2 feet long ! Ha ! My lifetime was near 8 feet long !! Oh did you mention 61 bucks .... ouch !! Poor Baby ! Glad I been fishin' FREE for the last 3 years as ...... I bought a lifetime license years back for the max package (every thing they had except for the Colorado and Abalone stamp) for around $500 !! Written in good humor. Folks really ought to put out the cash ... even if it hurts a little .... espeically guys like you !!

Ops forgot to mention. I scanned my main license and printed it out on acid-free paper ! I'm putting that with my original license in my license holder, I also use for other stuff, and if I get any crap off a warden on it fading I'll tell 'em ..... they're the f(ade)-ups not me !! I'm thinking the tempoary and the final license are different but .... I still have that 10% doubt a guy of 61 years has about just about everything one must deal with these days.

JapanRon

ghetto dad
01-01-2011, 02:14 PM
damn....well, at least last year DR, i got one online..and believe it or not, i received it pretty quick..lol...really sucks about the crappy quality of the new licenses....are the online licenses this year the SAME as the ones that are available in the stores (the ones ure talking about), or are they different?? the one they sent me in the mail last year held up great in my wallet, all year...hope its the same

thanks for the info

reptile dude007
01-01-2011, 02:21 PM
So much bull crap! I see a hell of a lot of pier fishing this summer when I turn 16.

DockRat
01-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Went to 22nd St and picked up my 2011 license.
Took less than 10 min.

No boats went out due to lack of reseverations,
people showed up to go out thinking to get on a boat only to see 22nd St boats parked.
DR

flyngby
01-01-2011, 08:31 PM
DR,

Boy did you make my New Year morning brighter! :Thumbs Up:

Sometimes it is hell getting older and in a few weeks that will travel faster than I can comprehend, I will be a half century in age and no less brilliant! :Bug Eyes:

So at work today I receive a call from Wingnut that all systems are a go for a week long planned Sunday morning Day 3 Swat New Years Weekend mission! UHHHHHHHHH UHHHHHHHHHHHHH UHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Slight problem on my part! No 2011 license.
:Beat Stick:

I'm an :Idiot:

jcskim
01-01-2011, 08:40 PM
picked my 2011 license tonight, it looks like a damn receipt. Definitely have to take care of it because its pretty thin and seems like it will get ruined pretty easy.

Theo
01-02-2011, 12:27 AM
I ordered mine and the Missuses 2011 licenses online. Can't complain. They arrived within 3 days, in time for Santa to get his hands on them and stuff them in our stockings. They do look a little like receipts but are not flimsy or thin. I checked them in the store and was very disappointed. The store ones do look flimsy and thin and you need to have you license or other ID on you. It was a lot easier to order my wife's online. I would go the online route.

FrazeIb1
01-02-2011, 04:10 AM
Ordered my 2011 License online and got the original within 3 days. It is a little thin but guess what I have it and I'm not complaning. Got the Ocean stamp as well as the second rod stamp. Without the License you will be out of compliance so just get it and go fishing...........

DockRat
01-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Ordered my 2011 License online and got the original within 3 days. It is a little thin but guess what I have it and I'm not complaning. Got the Ocean stamp as well as the second rod stamp. Without the License you will be out of compliance so just get it and go fishing...........

Question; Do we still call it a ' Stamp ' ?

Really, it is no longer a stamp.

What do we call it now ? Attention all FNNers, I need help for a new term.

Ocean Enhancement xxxxxxxx
Two Rod xxxxxxxx
Colorado River xxxxxxxx

Abalone Card
Lobster Card
Sturgen Card

Write down your new term for what used to be a Stamp.
Submit it for FNN members approval.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z277/candersonpccam/March%2008/DSCF8746.jpg
Thanks, DR

DockRat
01-02-2011, 04:51 AM
Sometimes it is hell getting older and in a few weeks that will travel faster than I can comprehend, I will be a half century in age and no less brilliant! :Bug Eyes:

So did you get one ? I didn't plan on fishing but when I saw the 1' - 2' surf I jammed to Pedro to get one.
DR

JapanRon
01-02-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi reptile dude007,

Nows the time to buy your lifetime .... It's super-cheap for YOU ! ..... before you turn 16. Serious.

JapanRon

JapanRon
01-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Hi DockRat,

You left out Salmon and the Steelhead XXXXXXXX on the list that I get in my package with my lifetime license.

JapanRon

reptile dude007
01-02-2011, 02:39 PM
I think they might have changed it, because its $781.50 for my age group :(