PDA

View Full Version : Sarl 12/31

Josh
12-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Well, another day and another skunk but overall the day was worth it. Got to meet a bunch of guys off the site (hey BeerMePlz and Blue Wagon) and got to enjoy a day in the outdoors. Water was pretty murky compared to last week but I did manage 2 bites, though that was it. Took off early since I was hungry and by the time noon rolled around was way too overdressed for the sun LOL.

rabbit77
12-31-2010, 06:55 PM
That's the third report saying skunk and they said they have the clearest water around.

Hometown
12-31-2010, 07:11 PM
Sorry about the skunk but admire your persistance and attitude of just enjoying your day.

BLUE WAGON
12-31-2010, 07:47 PM
hey josh ,great to meet you enjoyed the conversation,we ended up leaving with the skunk as well, and to comment on some other posts . the man fishing with 5 poles and using a sling shot on the ducks-EJECTED,, the man and his two sons shooting ducks with a pellet gun - EJECTED,

Josh
12-31-2010, 08:13 PM
hey josh ,great to meet you enjoyed the conversation,we ended up leaving with the skunk as well, and to comment on some other posts . the man fishing with 5 poles and using a sling shot on the ducks-EJECTED,, the man and his two sons shooting ducks with a pellet gun - EJECTED,

I saw the dude with the pellet gun just before I left shooting at the water, he hadn't been shooting at birds yet, figured it was a matter of time. Glad they got booted.

HBAR
12-31-2010, 08:33 PM
Hey Josh don't feel bad, I'm right there with you, SKUNK in fact I was across from you at around the 2 o'clock position at Chris's pond with my son, ended up moving after you left almost at the entrance, talking with a guy named Kevin. I finally got hit there, wasn't paying attention as I was doing something else, when I turned around and the float hanging from my line was on the ground, take rod out set hook start fighting fish, Kevin jumps out of his chair 45 seconds later spits the hook, at least I got hooked up.

Funny I go to Hansen dam last week and catch 4, went to Apollo park and caught 2 within 45 mins of being there. Drive way the hell out there (63 miles or so), spend all sorts of money for gas food entry fees and such for what? Drive to Hansen dam 8 miles away to a place smaller then Chris's pond and catch 4 in fact was the first one to hook up last friday. Don't have to think twice about making the trip out there just for a skunk.

:Evil: :EyePop: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Trout Doctor
01-01-2011, 11:37 AM
the man fishing with 5 poles and using a sling shot on the ducks-EJECTED,, the man and his two sons shooting ducks with a pellet gun - EJECTED,

What the hell? They got off easy:

§597. Cruelty to animals.

(a) Except as provided in subdivision (c) of this section or Section 599c, every person who maliciously and intentionally maims, mutilates, tortures or wounds a living animal or maliciously and intentionally kills an animal, is guilty of an offence punishable by imprisonment in the state prison or by a fine of not more than twenty thousand dollars ($20,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment, or, alternatively, by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than one year, or by a fine of not more than twenty thousand dollars ($20,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment.

...Having said that, I'm no PETA person, I'm just anti-douchebag.

ghetto dad
01-01-2011, 02:07 PM
good try anyways Josh..at least you got out brother....i havent fished in about 2-3 weeks...and dyin to get out..soon I hope

thanks for the report!

smokehound
01-02-2011, 01:53 PM
What the hell? They got off easy:

§597. Cruelty to animals.

(a) Except as provided in subdivision (c) of this section or Section 599c, every person who maliciously and intentionally maims, mutilates, tortures or wounds a living animal or maliciously and intentionally kills an animal, is guilty of an offence punishable by imprisonment in the state prison or by a fine of not more than twenty thousand dollars ($20,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment, or, alternatively, by imprisonment in the county jail for not more than one year, or by a fine of not more than twenty thousand dollars ($20,000), or by both the fine and imprisonment.

...Having said that, I'm no PETA person, I'm just anti-douchebag. YES! Those guys were scumbags..

BLUE WAGON
01-02-2011, 03:44 PM
just some boneheads,when things like this are going on people need to speak up,there's no reason to put up with it ,,we all pay the fee's to fish and play by the rules and WE need to keep it safe and fun