PDA

View Full Version : Bako boys decend on Castaic 12-31... Met some FNN pals atleast

cutbait
12-31-2010, 06:25 PM
TroutJunkie, Trailblazer and I hit Castaic in search of limits of stripers. Our OG plan was to hit the MID for the Wide open bite there. Thanks to GeordyBass for the heads up it was closed.. Castaic was the 2nd spot for the end of the year bash.

So with Fishinislife's and other's bait post's we new it was about bait down deep. Yet it is a struggle to get TB and the StriperJUNKIE to anchor down.. RIGHTFULLY so I may add.. Ended up trolling up to the back of Elizabeth for one schoolie by Troutjunkie. Got to EC and anchored down with the fleet.

Slow pick all around and Cutbait managed another schoolie. Few fish being caught so we search out new water. Trolling several points, metering LOTS of schools in 25-30ft for few shakers..

End up at the BL and see FishinONE, Koifish, and fish bones all hooked up!!! in DEEP WATER!!! Long story short,, Fishinone gave us a anchor with a long enough rope to hit bottom, even chucked us some bait which fell short and sank.. RON throws like an engineer!!!!! So TB decides to chuck a fluke over their head and have them snag a bag for us and reel it back to us... But!!! TB didn't mention how high over their head.. If it cleared fish bones head by an inch I would be shocked... 1/2 lead head screamin at em..

Ended up with maybe 10 kitties between TroutJunkie and I, and no more stripers.. Were not into baitn and waitn so we didn't start out and just stayin for an hour or so baitn down was hard to do..

Limits could be had, with long anchor ropes, fresh dines and lots of patience.. which we don't have.

Ron, Alex and Koifish... Class acts pals and like you said Fishinone... what comes around goes around.. Anything you guys need you holla at da bako boys!

Congrats to the guy who got the 11.5 LMB on the swimbait.. We could see your grin from 300 yds

Incase your reading comprehension is a bit on the weak side..

TRAILBLAZER SKUNKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Double A
12-31-2010, 06:31 PM
ouch... too bad the fish didn't cooperate a little better.

at least the wind wasn't blowin 100 mph.

next year, there's alwayz next year.

troutjunkie
12-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Had a blast bro,cant wait to do it again.I might ad that it was a long ride home with TRAILBLAZER SMELLING LIKE SKUNK AND ALL......LOL. Anyway,thanks to both of you boys for taking me along,hope I did'nt take up to much room and I hope nobody got hungry,HA.happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ityperx
12-31-2010, 07:26 PM
hmm, I thought I was the only one that skunked out there. Weather condition there was perfect too, hardly any winds, water temp. was ok, and they just recently stocked 2400lbs of trouts. Also went to fish Elizabeth Cayon, but to no avail. I figured most of the stripers were near the boat launch ramp ambushing the trouts, oh well there's always next year. Thanks for the report.

Btbdodgers
12-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Congrats to the guy who got the 11.5 LMB on the swimbait.. We could see your grin from 300 yds

where was this at?

cutbait
12-31-2010, 08:01 PM

where was this at?

All I can say is it was the upper. I would feel real bad divulging more.

Btbdodgers
12-31-2010, 08:03 PM
how bout ski arm or fish arm?

trail blazer
12-31-2010, 08:11 PM
Yep,,,You both put a WHOOPIN on ole TRAIL BLAZER,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Had to happen sooner or later,,,GLAD IT WAS LATER!:Cool:.

Troutjunkie handled that striper like a real trooper,,,,,,,,,,,,,and Cutbait,,,,You were on kitty fire there for a little bit,,,,,,,,,,,and me????? well?? What can i say except ,,FUNNNNN!.

FISHINONE/FISHBONES and KOIFISH===GREAT Company out there,,,CLASS ACTS!

We OWE you Fishinone,,,,,,,,,,,,,THANK YOU!

That guy that cought the HAWG,,,,,,,,,,That dude was GLOWING!!,,,,,,,,,,,Who ever you were,,CONGRATS!

TRAIL BLAZER

koifish
12-31-2010, 09:27 PM
TroutJunkie, Trailblazer, and Cutbait

Nice to see you out there today... We had a good time. Happy New Year to you all.

TroutOnly
12-31-2010, 10:20 PM
carpboy take it easy on scott, now he will have to smackdown on you, i would have made it but i forgot about the quagga quarentine,cant fish again till sunday,may go to the mid and fish in the snow,before i head up north next week for some work and fishing in bishop,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,

cutbait
01-01-2011, 12:05 AM
carpboy take it easy on scott, now he will have to smackdown on you, i would have made it but i forgot about the quagga quarentine,cant fish again till sunday,may go to the mid and fish in the snow,before i head up north next week for some work and fishing in bishop,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,

I gotta live it up when I can. I am sure my turn is coming soon.

CarpOnly Out!

GeordyBass
01-01-2011, 02:39 AM
No Prob I wanted to go but I checked beforehand and oneleg called me about it too so thank OneLeg as well!:Wink:

And while skunkblazer and carpbait were out at castaic... I was

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/thebassmaster818/2010-12-31105300.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/thebassmaster818/2010-12-31105250.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/thebassmaster818/2010-12-31103705.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/thebassmaster818/2010-12-31102648.jpg

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii127/thebassmaster818/2010-12-31102628.jpg

:Twisted: :Wink:

cutbait
01-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Dayum geordy. Not bad for a using gulp exclusively.. you and samgann are slayingn them toad calico and bass on that gulp.

Gulp slayas!...

Hey, trailblazer swore he saw ya at. The ramp, pointed u out to me.. I chuckled and said they all look like geordy

trail blazer
01-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Dayum geordy. Not bad for a using gulp exclusively.. you and samgann are slayingn them toad calico and bass on that gulp.

Gulp slayas!...

Hey, trailblazer swore he saw ya at. The ramp, pointed u out to me.. I chuckled and said they all look like geordy

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,GEORDY The dude look,d just like you ,,,,,,and the guy he was with look,d just like yr dad,,,,,,,Tripp,d me out,,,,,,,,,,,,,miss,d you down there.

ALSO

T/O,,,Missed you out there,,,,and,,,,,,,Not to worry,,,,,,,,,C/B will know the taste of defeat again REAL SOON!.

But for now,,,,,,T/J and C/B Are LOUNGING IN THE GLORY OF VICTORY===KUDOS guys!

TRAIL BLAZER

GeordyBass
01-01-2011, 01:27 PM

Gulp slayas!...

Lol I wasn't with Samgann I went with Fireball lol..
And Big Hammers it was!!!

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,GEORDY The dude look,d just like you ,,,,,,and the guy he was with look,d just like yr dad,,,,,,,Tripp,d me out,,,,,,,,,,,,,miss,d you down there.

ALSO

T/O,,,Missed you out there,,,,and,,,,,,,Not to worry,,,,,,,,,C/B will know the taste of defeat again REAL SOON!.

But for now,,,,,,T/J and C/B Are LOUNGING IN THE GLORY OF VICTORY===KUDOS guys!

TRAIL BLAZER
Hahaha Nice! I wanted to mix it up and I needed to hit up the Harbor so bad!
And Fireball and I hooked on to some TOADS! But they got us in to the rocks way too many times...
But We'll definitely Fish soon guys!!!

TroutOnly
01-01-2011, 04:16 PM
T/b give him the back side of one of youre big mits that will quiet him for a little while,,,,,lol,,,,gayordy playing in the salt,,,lol,,,,was oneleg with you ,,,,,,,,,

MAVERICK27
01-01-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey guys! Sorry I missed you. I went to the lagoon with Paul from Pizz Customs. We had issues being able to launch since Irvine Lake is on the Quagga hitlist. We finally talked them into it and weren't on the water until after 9!! We had a tough day as well. Paul caught 3 and I recorded my first skunk of 2010 on the last day of the year :( see ya guys at the next one.

P.S. I saw the camo striper slayer boat getting towed by at about 4pm on the bidge by the Lagoon. I was on my boat by the road.

trail blazer
01-01-2011, 08:32 PM

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,Living it up i see,,LOL:Embarrassed:

TRAIL BLAZER

fishinone
01-02-2011, 12:22 PM

Did you say?

It was nice seeing you guys out there. You're good company.

I meant to throw that bag of dines out in front of you and let the wind push it to you. I had a picture in my head of spreading dines all over the new boat. I didn't know the bag would pop, then sink!

T/B that was a good shot with the swim bait.

HaiTheMeister
01-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Nice job! Glad you were able to get on some action. Sorry for the skunk TB.

cutbait
01-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Sorry for the skunk TB.

Im not. SOB has had it coming

trail blazer
01-03-2011, 09:30 PM

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Better SOAK it up bro,,,,,,,,,,,,

TB

MAVERICK27
01-04-2011, 04:31 PM
By the way, best thread jack i've seen all year GEORDY LOLOLOLOL Turned a Castiac after action report into your own harbor report LOLOLOL

GeordyBass
01-04-2011, 06:40 PM
By the way, best thread jack i've seen all year GEORDY LOLOLOLOL Turned a Castiac after action report into your own harbor report LOLOLOL

Hahahahahha and the 4 days of the year too huh?

I had to! I was too lazy to post my own report x)

trail blazer
01-04-2011, 06:51 PM
CutBAit,,never can sit still,,,,,,,,,PACING back and forth,,,,,,,,,,,Kept talking abought how in the last minute of fishing i would catch a PIG!,,,,,,That was really going to pee him off AGAIN,,lol

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/New%20Years%202011/IMG00267-20101231-1404.jpg

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-05-2011, 01:41 PM
Trailblazer……..SHKUNKed !

awww man....I told ya the troll would not be that productive boys....

Maybe next time u'll listen to my advice....DOHHHH !

120' of water roughly this time of year with that lake....occassionally deeper.... even 160’
(I read a book once-ha ha ha)

Bait....till the MID to END of next month...

Oh wait......somethin SMELLS ! STINKY ! what iz it ?

Wonder what happened…….ohhhh man…U shoulda fished for bluegill in 80’ ahhhh-ha ha ha

congrats to those who experienced that tugging thing that goes on when a fish bites

Yeeee-haw….

Cutbait schooled and owned…..kitty killa’’’’

Seriously, all jokes aside……U SKUNKED ? no just kidding…

Sorry to hear about that….that Jan-Feb bite up there can be tricky and usually smaller grade fish…..

U’ll have ur revenge anutha’ day : )

Gary

cutbait
01-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Trailblazer……..SHKUNKed !

awww man....I told ya the troll would not be that productive boys....

Maybe next time u'll listen to my advice....DOHHHH !

120' of water roughly this time of year with that lake....occassionally deeper.... even 160’
(I read a book once-ha ha ha)

Bait....till the MID to END of next month...

Oh wait......somethin SMELLS ! STINKY ! what iz it ?

Wonder what happened…….ohhhh man…U shoulda fished for bluegill in 80’ ahhhh-ha ha ha

congrats to those who experienced that tugging thing that goes on when a fish bites

Yeeee-haw….

Cutbait schooled and owned…..kitty killa’’’’

Seriously, all jokes aside……U SKUNKED ? no just kidding…

Sorry to hear about that….that Jan-Feb bite up there can be tricky and usually smaller grade fish…..

U’ll have ur revenge anutha’ day : )

Gary

Whoa,whoa... that's my trailblazer your degrading..

He's mine and I don't let anyone talk to him that way.

Besides don't you reak of the pole cat today? Didn't the bako boys tell u the bako duct is shut down? We wrote that in a book somewhere!

It seems convienant for u to harp on my buddies difficulties that day when we urged to to the point of challenging u to go that day.

But u were snuggled in nicely with your electric blanket 1/2 mile from the lake playing rapala 2000 while we were trying to make stuff happen

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Whoa,whoa... that's my trailblazer your degrading..

He's mine and I don't let anyone talk to him that way.

Besides don't you reak of the pole cat today? Didn't the bako boys tell u the bako duct is shut down? We wrote that in a book somewhere!

It seems convienant for u to harp on my buddies difficulties that day when we urged to to the point of challenging u to go that day.

But u were snuggled in nicely with your electric blanket 1/2 mile from the lake playing rapala 2000 while we were trying to make stuff happen
Mama told me when U ain't got nuthin' good ta say.......offer em a:......
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/shut-the-****-up-edit-3-2.jpg

trail blazer
01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
My best memory at castaic was when this happend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GARY,S WHOLE BOAT=6 fish

The BAKO BOYS BOAT=50+ STRIPERS

And WORLD CHAMPIONS was our reward=====STRIPERFEST.

TB SKUNK,D ,,,,,,YEP,,,,,,,,,,And im sure it wont be the last time,,,,,,,,,LOL,,I couldnt even get hit,,,,,,Triped me out to,,LOL.

But OOOOOOWELL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Makes the victories even more SWEETER,,,,,,,,,

GARY,,,,,,,,,,You should have seen it,,,,,,,,,,Cutbait,,on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,troutjunkie,, ON,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,TB,,Couldnt even get a decent pull,

All day was like that,,LOL.

Better quit picking on me or CUT BAIT is gonna put a WHOOPIN on you ,,,,,,,,,,

CAUSE HES GOT MY BACK!

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-05-2011, 03:44 PM
My best memory at castaic was when this happend,,,,,,,,,,,,,,GARY,S WHOLE BOAT=6 fish

Not so..as U reminese...

I landed 5 only...MYSELF...and had racks o boats rolling up on me and following me...

Were gonna see your metal when we fish off for the duct off which I am making da trophy for....soon my friend...soon...

say 2 weeks....let's see what ya got !

Yeeee-haw....

And cutbait:
I DID skunk at Bako last night but hooked up once and had an additional follower....

It's NEVER shut off if you get out and make something happen...water clarity is chocolate soup...just means adjustments must be made

TB: Maybe we can see your worth this weekend ? that is if U take off your depends and put some man pants on and get out there with me sat !

YeeE- HaW !

trail blazer
01-05-2011, 08:56 PM
not so..as u reminese...

I landed 5 only...myself...and had racks o boats rolling up on me and following me...

Were gonna see your metal when we fish off for the duct off which i am making da trophy for....soon my friend...soon...

Say 2 weeks....let's see what ya got !

Yeeee-haw....

And cutbait:
I did skunk at bako last night but hooked up once and had an additional follower....

It's never shut off if you get out and make something happen...water clarity is chocolate soup...just means adjustments must be made

tb: Maybe we can see your worth this weekend ? That is if u take off your depends and put some man pants on and get out there with me sat !

Yeee- haw !

lol!

Tb

trail blazer
01-06-2011, 05:44 AM
Not so..as U reminese...

I landed 5 only...MYSELF...and had racks o boats rolling up on me and following me...

Were gonna see your metal when we fish off for the duct off which I am making da trophy for....soon my friend...soon...

say 2 weeks....let's see what ya got !

Yeeee-haw....

And cutbait:
I DID skunk at Bako last night but hooked up once and had an additional follower....

It's NEVER shut off if you get out and make something happen...water clarity is chocolate soup...just means adjustments must be made

TB: Maybe we can see your worth this weekend ? that is if U take off your depends and put some man pants on and get out there with me sat !

YeeE- HaW !

GAWY,,,,,,,,,,,,,You just keep on practicing,,,,,,,CAUSE YOUR GOING TO NEED IT!,

After STRIPERFEST of course.

TRAIL BLAZER

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-06-2011, 12:39 PM
GAWY,,,,,,,,,,,,,You just keep on practicing,,,,,,,CAUSE YOUR GOING TO NEED IT!,

After STRIPERFEST of course.

TRAIL BLAZER
Striperfest probably isn't gonna happen for a while till the lake bite solidifies.....

trail blazer
01-06-2011, 05:06 PM
Striperfest probably isn't gonna happen for a while till the lake bite solidifies.....

You waited for the lake bite to solidify last time,,,,,,,,,ya put 5 in the boat,,

Probably to do it sooner then later,,,,,,,AS YOU CAN SEE BY THIS POST<IM NO BAIT AND WAITER<------<<<<<

You just might have a chance at REDEMPTION now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,If you wait till the biguns go off it,l be no chance for gary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can hear it already,,,,,,I GOT SAWD OFF IN 140ft OF WATER,,,LOL

TRAIL BLAZER

trail blazer
01-06-2011, 05:08 PM
All joking aside my brother gary ,,,,,,,,That TOP SECRET trip were planning is starting to come togather,,,,,,,,,,,,a week or 2,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,il be callingya

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-06-2011, 05:20 PM
You waited for the lake bite to solidify last time,,,,,,,,,ya put 5 in the boat,,

Probably to do it sooner then later,,,,,,,AS YOU CAN SEE BY THIS POST<IM NO BAIT AND WAITER<------<<<<<

You just might have a chance at REDEMPTION now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,If you wait till the biguns go off it,l be no chance for gary,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I can hear it already,,,,,,I GOT SAWD OFF IN 140ft OF WATER,,,LOL

TRAIL BLAZER
Yada yada yada yada.....

Enjoy ur trophy while U can....I know U been sleepin with it cuz Ur wife called me and told me not to pace myself this year and to not let U win anymore...

she said U carry it with U to the restroom and stay there for a while....

she's getting real lonely....

I told her she should also be concerned about that "quality time" U and Cut-baiter have been spending together under those flannel sheets all warm and cozy....

I remember the days when U actually went out and caught fish there my buddy...I guess those days are gone..

Cut-baiter won't leave the confines of his home and his trusty WII game and bottle of Captain Morgan and Red Man chaw...

Oh yeah...can't forget the cut off blue jean daisy dukes either...I'd wager U have a few pairs of those as well !

fishinone
01-11-2011, 04:34 PM

Come on now! T/B is our current StriperFest, Heavy Stringer, Champion. Show some respect!

CutBAit,,never can sit still,,,,,,,,,PACING back and forth,,,,,,,,,,,Kept talking abought how in the last minute of fishing i would catch a PIG!,,,,,,That was really going to pee him off AGAIN,,lol

http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq265/fishinone/New%20Years%202011/IMG00267-20101231-1404.jpg

fishinone
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
What's going on here? I can't get in trouble for trying.

Fishthewhaler
01-15-2011, 01:17 AM
Should have a summer and winter version of striperfest,,make it 2x's a year,,see who's who..or who's do-do...LOL

trail blazer
01-15-2011, 06:35 AM
Should have a summer and winter version of striperfest,,make it 2x's a year,,see who's who..or who's do-do...LOL

Thats what im talking abought,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maby 1 at the mid and 1 at staic,,,,,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

yolo
01-15-2011, 09:11 AM

Is cutbait the one with his sausage around his neck? Meat cleaver in hand. Usually open fly in his pics. Now it all makes sense. Hey TB, the words "pee" and "off" are not the words to say to a meat cleaver holding, sausage cutting, open fly kinda guy.

TroutOnly
01-16-2011, 08:46 AM
I think i remember that little red with three limits and the big fish of the day,,,,,,,,striperbowl,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

trail blazer
01-16-2011, 09:52 AM
NO DOUBT T/O,,,,,,,

Your boat had a field day,,,,,,,,,,,,,Big fish trophy to,,,,,,,,,,,,and on a topwater to boot.

TRAIL BLAZER