PDA

View Full Version : Jess Ranch 12/31/10

Trout Daddy
12-31-2010, 05:02 PM
Knew it had to happen sooner or later. Got there around 730AM and it was PACKED! Like SARL packed. Tried to get a spot where I like to fish but that didnt happen. Went to the far end of the East shore on Lake 3 across from the pump house. Nothing for about 2 hours than got one. It was of decent size. About 10 the stock truck dumped a few in, maybe 100 #s or so. I got one more and saw a few others landed. just before 1130 my son starts throwing a tutti frutti lip ripperz z spoon right where they stocked and it went wide open for him, he landed about 3 in 15 minutes. I threw every color jig and worm in the book and nothing except on natural eagle claw worm. All in all a good day just a little more frustrating than expected with all the people. Apparantely some big ones were caught over in the other lake. Gonna lay off this place for awhile and venture closer to home (down the hill) for a few weeks.... No pics as I was too busy tying lines and netting fish and all that for the kids.

Troutman65
12-31-2010, 05:24 PM
So the water is clear at Jess Ranch ? If it is no wonder it was packed . Nice report . It is quite the drive up there from Orange County . Nice little place . Thanks for the report

Trout Daddy
12-31-2010, 05:39 PM
So the water is clear at Jess Ranch ? If it is no wonder it was packed . Nice report . It is quite the drive up there from Orange County . Nice little place . Thanks for the report

Yeah it is clear. You can see about 12 feet out. Not too mention alot of people were off of work today for the Holiday Weekend.

drifter023
12-31-2010, 05:58 PM
On the holidays it is always packed I live about 4 miles from there. But man it was cold today but lucky the wind was not blowing I went golfing yesterday and thought my hands were gona fall off wind was going 20+mph. Yea at the course there by the lakes, years ago there was no chain link fence and you had to duck for incoming balls.... Good job on the fish....

Trout Daddy
12-31-2010, 06:24 PM
Cold is an understatement. It was 24 when we got there. and 40 when we left. I ended up in the water early too which made for a cold day, hell my feet are still cold 12 hrs later.....

Jimbow
12-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Trout Daddy nice job. We were also there on the western shoreline of lake 3. The bite was off the hook for us until about 10am with several large fish being caught. I saw several 5 Lb plus and a few in the 3 to four pound range. Limits for most people I saw. Cleaned my fish and was gone by 11am. I did see some nice fish from lake 2 come in to the cleaning table also.

Trout Daddy
12-31-2010, 06:32 PM
So you were right there where u walk in? I saw you guys killing it over there, that spot seems hit or miss.... Good Job, heard there were some big fish landed. The pursuit keeps us out there!

Jimbow
12-31-2010, 09:58 PM
Yes we were. I like the grassy point best on lake 3 and straight across the lake for my second choice we are basically fishing the same hole with long cast. I'm looking to catch a DD trout from there. Gonna have to try lake 2 next.