PDA

View Full Version : Last skunk of the year

M@M
12-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Started right before sunrise. Hit Johnson Rd. to the 138 and back to Sunny Vista, hit gates and a lot of open water. Water FAST and a bit stained. Caughlin Rd. is NOW rough, thanks to all the rain. Beautiful day (was a bit cold this morning)...same old story.... no fish...yet....I'll get them next year :Smile:............
Went to Walmart (in Apple Valley) to get a new license, said I'll have to wait 2 weeks?
I'll find somewhere else to get it.
Anyways ..HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!............be safe.

yolo
12-31-2010, 03:49 PM
Tomorrow is the beginning of a new year. I hope it brings many stripers. Happy New Year Mike and everybody!

madwire3
12-31-2010, 06:32 PM
i went out night before last had a few bumps on a lure in the same spot against a piling,,, baited up some shad tossed it in while i worked the lure more,, few minutes later bell went off pole major bendo,, and how the hell did it not get hooked with the circle hook i had on i have no idea but as i grabbed to apply pressure the pole swung up so no hookup,, thats all i had for 3 hours fishing,, last skunk of the year but a lil action is better then none. M@M sounds like u and i have the same kind of duct action sometimes action sometimes not hopefully this year brings both of us enough luck on top of what we have learned of the beast we call the aqueduct,, if all else fails we can shadow gary, yolo, trailblazer, and cutbait... not really guys but to each of u and the others who have given advice and such over this last year i greatly appriciate it and hope 2011 brings u even better memories... gary toss a slideshow of 2010 fishing fun of fnn members ur always coming up with great pics and ur choice of music is liked by many so im sure you could throw a nice one together,, add the fallen members i beleive there was 2... would be a huge bonus

Double A
12-31-2010, 06:37 PM
too bad about the skunks

seems to go hand in hand with the duct

im also, telling myself... next year is gonna be different

cutbait
12-31-2010, 08:06 PM
ur choice of music is liked by many

If your in to Depeche Mode, Maroon 5, and Train I guess

Otherwise I steer clear of Gawry's music

madwire3
01-01-2011, 03:26 AM
serious i thought gary was into more older decent rock and mildly newer rock .... hmmm dont tell me its really gary minus the r?

cutbait
01-01-2011, 07:06 AM
serious i thought gary was into more older decent rock and mildly newer rock .... hmmm dont tell me its really gary minus the r?

U nailed it

trail blazer
01-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Looky what i found on another thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,A FRAUDIAN SLIP!!

http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=508964#post508964)
nice job ............
Congrats,
Gay
:OMG!:

I knew it was true

TRAIL BLAZER

madwire3
01-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Looky what i found on another thread,,,,,,,,,,,,,A FRAUDIAN SLIP!!

http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary http://fishinghotpage.com/forum4/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?p=508964#post508964)
nice job ............
Congrats,
Gay
:OMG!:

I knew it was true

TRAIL BLAZER

haha there it is

BigBassHogExpert
01-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Caught several big DD stripers lately (i.e. 2011) in a couple choice locations off the Pearblossom Highway in the AV. Lipless cranks and very slow retrieve has been the ticket.

M@M
01-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Caught several big DD stripers lately (i.e. 2011) in a couple choice locations off the Pearblossom Highway in the AV. Lipless cranks and very slow retrieve has been the ticket.

Good Job on the DD's!! What size crank's 3/4oz, 1oz?.... You must be fishing right on the bottom?...Did you mean (i.e. 2010)?

HaiTheMeister
01-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Sorry about the skunk! There's a whole new year to look forward to. Although it would have been nice to end the year in style!
Just got my license...no more stamps, just a printout!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-04-2011, 04:35 PM
U nailed it
Alright U bass-turds..have ur fun with my type-o…

Wait….last I heard cut bait outfished Trailblazer at Castaic…..but caught only dank’s (that’s all the cut-baiter catches nowadays anyways ) ahhhh

Have ur fun boys…..my revenge will be reaped soon nuff bako bretheren…

Ooooooo…I am cut deep !...........NOT ! : )

Anyways….back to topic..

M&M I took a run out that way the other day to explore….

40 mile an hour winds (probably more)

Wind chill FROM HELL !

Fished late in the morning to mid day …not really the prime time to fish but needed daylight to find my way round out there…to explore

Some nice zones….the gates being so small really compound the heavy flow right now…I’ll definitely hit those at a later date with less water velocity…or at minimum concentrate your efforts in their tailwaters or downstream of them as the gate zones were relatively unfishable in at least 2 of the 3 gates I explored.

The end of the line run siphon outlet b4 the siphon inlet at silverwood looked and felt REALLY fishy…fished it for bout 1 hr before I had enuff of the extreme wind chill..

Though I didn’t get anything…
I definitely recommend putting more time in that zone as it seemed much more fishable
than the other 3 stops I made out there…plus there a nice bait grate there

Up on that hill though I imagine the wind happens frequently though….

I did consider the siphon inlet across the gorge on the other side of the tracks but the wind conditions were just too jacked up so I passed on exploring that zone…

I’ll try again at another time…

Anyways, just thought I’d through my 2 cents in there….maybe it’ll help..

Water looked reasonably stained but I’ve seen way worse.

M@M
01-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Gary, cool to see you made it out here.....Thanks for the tips.......I'd be happy to join you if you make it out again....I'm usually fishing solo.... Yep, those COLD, STRONG winds make it miserable...... The water out here seems like it's always flowing fast or not flowing at all...... I can't remember seeing other flows.........
Was out there today in that last section that you didn't get to..... Snow all along the banks, water fast and stained...... Fished from siphon........ where it comes back up(inlet ?) to the Los Flores bridge and back for nada. .....First cast off the bridge immediate snag.....oops... lost a KPN :Sad:.....I have the worst luck with those things.....
I should of known better..... people seem to like throwing things off the bridges......

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Gary, cool to see you made it out here.....Thanks for the tips.......I'd be happy to join you if you make it out again....I'm usually fishing solo.... Yep, those COLD, STRONG winds make it miserable...... The water out here seems like it's always flowing fast or not flowing at all...... I can't remember seeing other flows.........
Was out there today in that last section that you didn't get to..... Snow all along the banks, water fast and stained...... Fished from siphon inlet to the Los Flores bridge and back for nada. .....First cast off the bridge immediate snag.....oops... lost a KPN :Sad:.....I have the worst luck with those things.....
I should of known better..... people seem to like throwing things off the bridges......

I like that siphon outlet...I'd say in the present conditions, that would be where to spend a good degree of time...at that outlet...

the bait grate has some good potential too...just keep ur lure from dragging it and snagging..

I'm sure you do know about the road and the access to that spot ? I found out THE HARD WAY after a 1 mile hike through those motorcycle trail about that road (those trails were steep and full of ruts !)...

(thought I was never gonna see water !) but I sniffed it out !

M@M
01-04-2011, 06:06 PM
Oh it,s an outlet....sounds like you did make it there........YIKES!... you were climbing through those hills..I guess you were exploring..LOL.....are those green grates what your talking about? (bait grates)

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-04-2011, 06:10 PM

P.S.

just so the records STRAIGHT !

I've been a musician for 29 years.....

I don't mess round : )

I ROCK AND ROLL....not into the hillbilly tunes of beercan Booby and the tinpan Cats (aka: thwe bako boys !)

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-04-2011, 06:12 PM
oh, it's an outlet:Smile:......yOU WENT CLIMBING THROUGH THOSE HILLS....yikes!...YOU WERE EXPLORING lol
That's a f-in' understatement...I had Cutbait on the phone checking some google mapage and my phone cut off...I had to use my nose from there.....

YES I didn't hike....I CLIMBED !

It was sick....I thought of turning back but my pride did not allow