PDA

View Full Version : 2011 fishing license

MexicanPistachio
12-30-2010, 10:46 AM
After 2 trips to trips to local mom and pop tackle stores where the new dfg system were not working I finally got my license! Once i found a store with a working computer it was pretty easy for the customer. Give them your driver license and they do the rest. Here is a breakdown of this years fees...

2011 License $43.46
2 pole stamp $13.53
ocean stamp $4.89
TOTAL $61.88

I was told by an employee if you leave your license at home and get stopped the warden can pull up your license thru your DL #. Not sure how true that is but that would be nice.

Trout 1
12-30-2010, 12:51 PM
After 2 trips to trips to local mom and pop tackle stores where the new dfg system were not working I finally got my license! Once i found a store with a working computer it was pretty easy for the customer. Give them your driver license and they do the rest. Here is a breakdown of this years fees...

2011 License $43.46
2 pole stamp $13.53
ocean stamp $4.89
TOTAL $61.88

I was told by an employee if you leave your license at home and get stopped the warden can pull up your license thru your DL #. Not sure how true that is but that would be nice.

I have a temp Dl (paper) i wonder how im going to get mine? i need to go and try to get it today. Where did u get urs???

Thanks
Andrew

Josh
12-30-2010, 12:53 PM

Gotta be a myth, there's no way California is that efficient

/sarcasm off.

5150fishn
12-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Good to know. Thanks for the info.

MagicWorm
12-30-2010, 01:22 PM
got mine at bps.... personally like the old ones better. was told if you lose it your SOL by bps and have to buy another one... which don't make sense if it's hooked up to your license. oh yea another thing to be careful with do not leave it in direct sunlight or any place it's really hot or they will turn BLACK and you can't read it....

tight lines
joshua

Josh
12-30-2010, 01:26 PM
got mine at bps.... personally like the old ones better. was told if you lose it your SOL by bps and have to buy another one... which don't make sense if it's hooked up to your license. oh yea another thing to be careful with do not leave it in direct sunlight or any place it's really hot or they will turn BLACK and you can't read it....

tight lines
joshua

so much for sticking it in the license holder on top of my new tackle box then.

MexicanPistachio
12-30-2010, 01:30 PM
i got mine at big 5. you should be fine with a temp license. i assume they would just have to type everything in. i like the old one also. the new ones look like a glossy receipt.

Lipgriper
12-30-2010, 01:38 PM
I bought mine if u lose it they can print a new one

EL_CHIDO
12-30-2010, 02:01 PM

tight lines
joshua

It is probably like the parking receipts you get @ Disneyland, Sea World, Etc.

Put it on your dash and by the end of the day it's faded and "burned".

Trout Daddy
12-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Just purchase online, you can print it out and the regular one comes in the mail, best deal ever!!

Troutman65
12-30-2010, 06:25 PM

tight lines
joshua

What in the world ? Printing the new Lic. on that paper that turns black in the sunlight /heat is a BAD , BAD , Idea. What was wrong with the old Lic?